can a loved one that has gone to be with the Lord communicate or watch over us

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
anyway, a lovely remembrance of a dream Nayborbear.
Reading this thread, brought a remembrance of a dream I had, when I was quite young. T'was also my very first personal experience with death. Couldn't have been older then 7-9 years old (some remembrance, eh? :p), when my maternal grandmother died. Musta been a day er so after she died, I dreamed I saw what was surely an angel, or, it coulda been Jesus. Anyways, a light in the form, or resemblance of a man, and she might of even been with him. Don't rightly remember for sure. What did stick with me, was the blessed ASSURANCE, that she was doing just fine! For, ya see, she had polio, which had crippled the whole right side of her body, and was bedridden, the last 15-20 years of her life, and was extremely concerned about her welfare. So, for this matter, I thank God, and you for posting this.

But, as far as yer being "in the womb....AWARE, of The Father's "knowing/knitting" you?" I believe you have been mislead, or, have, and/or are deceiving yourself. Cuz, the Spirit of God, don't work that way. That He, may have told you after you were born, and/or, possibly, at an early age, that He knew YOU, before you were born? Is possible, but not likely in your case, as your thinking, and/or, believing, in communicating with the dead, even of a loved one, is treading on, or into extremely dangerous territory. Of the which, a course correction is needed....Like.......Right NOW!!

Didn't Jesus tell us to: "Let the dead, bury the dead?"
 
How is this not a christian concept? Why put God in a box? If His word says that He can do ANYTHING but fail then why wouldn't' he communicate with us through others? His voice appears to us as our own. His presence is felt. I never went off the topic. As true believers, we must stop trying to analyze how God is. He shows up in our lives differently. He communicates to us on a level that only our human minds can withstand. So yes, I believe he communicates with us in any way he chooses, even through loved ones. To be absent form the body means to be present with the LORD.
 
one point, i must correct you on, is I have never called up nor communicated with the dead and this is sin, and I don't believe in it. Also, it is scriptural to say' God knit us in our mother's womb.'

Concerning yer first point, concerning my point? Why would you ask such a question, then?

Concerning the scripturability of one saying, that God knew them before they were born? I have not read, nor heard about ANY of God's faithful servants declaring that God knew/knitted them before they were born, such as, you are laying claim to.

I have read that God told His faithful servant/s, who were probably asking: "Why me?" That He had known them before they were born. But, never have I read, nor heard what you are claiming, in the Bible! This would be a first!

Fact is, it sounds rather self-edyifing, to me, doesn't it to you?
 
Only one mediator and only one intercessor who is Jesus Christ. Romanism teaches that saints and Mary intercede for us poor mortals but that is completely against the bible. Jesus cares for us and watches over us. Jesus does not entrust the care of His children to anyone but Himself.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
 
Jeremiah 1:4-5
Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying,

[SUP]5 [/SUP] “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
​
And this:
Psalm 139:15-16 (NIV1984)
[SUP]15[/SUP] My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
[SUP]16[/SUP] your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
​

Those scripture verses seem to Indicate that GOD knew us but I don't see where we knew GOD In those verses.

Isn't a relationship, communication between two or more parties?
 
I'm not sure why you try to keep inferring that I am not a believer. You don't know me and yet you make all kinds of wrong assumptions and presumptioms about me. Let it rest, this idea about a person being saved from birth, I belong to God and yes I got saved, so forget about making a big issue about it. .........I have never done wiggi board, nor tarot cards and never consulted a medium to call up the dead, so please don't state that I have.......Loved ones can let you know with God, a portion of God's wisdom and the glorified state of heaven they are in, but they cannot talk to us, that can be wicked spirits.....I don't consult psychics as this is sin.

i dont know you but i like you already. never let anyone tell you what you are! it is between you and the Lord Most High.

king Saul talked to Samuel but the bible makes it clear Saul should not have done this. but this could have been on account of Him using a witch and her using forbidden divination to call Samuel. i dont know of any passages in the bible that teach about asking the Lord to speak to a lost loved one.

i know many that have been visited by those that have passed on. they didnt go to a witch or anything, it just happened.
 
well I mean I had a relationship with God from within the womb, and this is the truth.

I believe that what you have said is true. God has known you as long as He has been God and that is always. You have always had a relationship with God. This is true for everyone. You have stated a very profound thought.
 
i dont know you but i like you already. never let anyone tell you what you are! it is between you and the Lord Most High.

king Saul talked to Samuel but the bible makes it clear Saul should not have done this. but this could have been on account of Him using a witch and her using forbidden divination to call Samuel. i dont know of any passages in the bible that teach about asking the Lord to speak to a lost loved one.

i know many that have been visited by those that have passed on. they didnt go to a witch or anything, it just happened.

Thanks a bunch of pale blue daisies dear beloved Jaybird88, I value your friendship. Your scriptural knowledge and explanation is brilliant here.
 
Thanks a bunch of pink daisies for your moral support dear lovely tourist, huggies and blessings my cherished friend.
I believe that what you have said is true. God has known you as long as He has been God and that is always. You have always had a relationship with God. This is true for everyone. You have stated a very profound thought.
 
Yes such a profound truth and statement, after all ' anything is possible for God, and he gave a word of God/ knowledge through Balaam's donkey too.
How is this not a christian concept? Why put God in a box? If His word says that He can do ANYTHING but fail then why wouldn't' he communicate with us through others? His voice appears to us as our own. His presence is felt. I never went off the topic. As true believers, we must stop trying to analyze how God is. He shows up in our lives differently. He communicates to us on a level that only our human minds can withstand. So yes, I believe he communicates with us in any way he chooses, even through loved ones. To be absent form the body means to be present with the LORD.
 
Actually, you can be prayed for by a priest and make agreement in prayer to accept Jesus into your heart. Yes you can definately.
But that isn't what you said. Of course you can agree to accept Jesus. That is the reason for asking for forgiveness and repenting.
But that also acknowledges that one has reached the age of accountability, the age of consent when one can make rational decisions for oneself.
By the way, is that your picture in your avatar?
 
Haha I just realized those were roses... I will make you a tulips one now :D

 
well i meant to say, agreement in prayer with a priest and/ or church elder. I think what I have said has been misconstrued tho lol. Of course one can have a relationship with God since being knit by God in a mother's womb, but saved later when one is old enough to make decisions for oneself. God bless you dear phil.
But that isn't what you said. Of course you can agree to accept Jesus. That is the reason for asking for forgiveness and repenting.
But that also acknowledges that one has reached the age of accountability, the age of consent when one can make rational decisions for oneself.
By the way, is that your picture in your avatar?