Can a person be born without a soul?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Yes I agree both paragraphs but their had been a place to start a string on cotroversial topics and was trying to start a discussion from a psycology standpoint and it way off base.. it took 3 days to straighten out. thanks, calibob

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
According to 1 Thessalonians, mankind consists of spirit, soul, body:

1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

In Isaiah, God states He created, formed, and made mankind:

Isaiah 43:7 Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

God created man in His own image and likeness = spirit (Gen 1:26,27).

God formed man from the dust of the ground = body (Gen 2:7).

God breathed soul life into man = soul (Gen 2:7).
I agree that we are composed of three "layers": body, spirit and soul. I think that Scripture teaches that soul is a layer consisting of body and spirit.

I am lost at the rest of your post, though, not sure what you think that God's saying "I made him" changes or postulates.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
O>K> don't be offended please. I wanted the Christian perspection on a Psycology question I used the words"without a soul" rather than "with antisocial or borderline personality disorder" thinking the way I asked was more easy to understand, I suppose I could have said empty inside but the the way things went I probably gotten a bunch of biology answers instead. Please everyone, I have gotten a couple of personal messages from members who were following the string and realized what I meant and was that I was not questioning the soul it was about MENTAL ILLNESS everybody! I have gotten enough logical, scriptural, and medical answers. Can we please talk something else, please? Thank you all,...calibob

Mar 23, 2016
I am lost at the rest of your post, though, not sure what you think that God's saying "I made him" changes or postulates.
Create = to bring into existence something that has never before existed. Only God can create something from nothing.

Formed = we know God formed Adam's body from the dust of the ground.

Made = God took something that was already in existence [nephesh] and breathed it into man. God created nephesh in Gen 1:21.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
G-d does not forget.......therefore He would not forget to assign a soul to a new birth.

Question...where did the basis of this question come from?

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
I really trying to sound silly or scarstic, after reading what I wrote I realized that I did so let me explain my dilema..I was raised in the Roman church and changed from a believer to a hopeful skeptic or doubting Thomas if you will then got saved and joined the I found it movement, went to work for a church/theater that supported Trinity Broadcasting, got married and joined Assemblies of God. My wife divorced me and was asked to leave because divorce=adultery at that local worhi center. I also audited (no tuition, no credit) a semester of new testament studies and Hebrews in seminary.

The devil is a trickster I know but there can only be one answer that is correct I am puzzuled, So why is you're answer more correct than the rest? This is not a joke. I'd really like to know, or just skip the topic and admit I may just have to wait and find out when I die.
c....,

Beginning with Adm G-d assigned a soul to His creations.
He said ..."I knew you before the womb". A clear message that a soul is under His control from beginning to end.
How many examples need He list for us to erase doubt?

There is no other answer than what is given to us in The Bible.

Alertandawake

Aug 20, 2017
The only way I can think of a person being born without a soul is if they were cloned? Will a cloned person have the original's essence?

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
The only way I can think of a person being born without a soul is if they were cloned? Will a cloned person have the original's essence?
A....,

Can we say a clone from the laboratory is...born?
Where there is human life ......there is a soul.
G-d knows us by our soul...not body. That is my common sense thinking.

Latour

Jun 11, 2018
It seems two days ago there was a controversial topics forum and I think that's where this topic should belong, nonetheless here goes.

Since creation, people have ghastly, gruesome, things without reason or remorse. Could it be be that they simply don't have a soul?
What do you think? I sure don't know It's now an open question....... calibob

Is this about the origin of politicians and lawyers ? ;)

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
We are not "with" a soul. We are souls.
I agree.... I haven't read the whole thread, so someone may have quoted this already. It has been attributed to CS Lewis, but, research shows that he likely never said it. It has been found in other writings, though...

"You don't have a soul. You ARE a soul, you HAVE a body"

Mar 28, 2016
God breathed into Adam the breath of "lives" which is plural in Hebrew.....and man became a LIVING SOUL

My view....no one is born without a soul, but it does say the wicked go astray from the womb.....and evil men and seducers will was worse and worse.....No different than Cain....lost men will do horrific things and even saved men sin and do things that are deemed horrific...<--David killing Uriah and having Uriah carry the message to the battle zone which would result in his early and untimely demise.......
I would say the soul has to do with the communicative work of two walking in agreement.

God breathed spirit life into man he became a spirit being who was in communion with God from birth . The soul of man and the soul of God working together in agreement. Mankind sinned and lost the communicative relationship with God . He would be a living temporal spirit being with no soul because he has no faith to believe God not seen .God must do the first work and restore a new soul and a new spirt that will never die .

Mar 28, 2016
Well.....men are born with a divine spark called the conscience..as you well know it can be seared with a hot iron and calloused to the point of having no remorse or conviction of right or wrong......the opposite is true as well...finely tuned by the word and very sensative to what is morally and spiritually correct
God remains greater than or heart .He knows all things and is able to judge the intent. Because or conscience does not accuse us but rather it excuses us there can be no divine spark as some sort of remnant left over from the fall

I think of the heart or conscience is dead .(no faith) No divine spark .No way to commune with the soul of God by seeking after him not seen and therefore no way to understand .

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.Romans 3:10-12

He must do the first work and give us ears to hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches. the word of God divides between the spirit essence of life and the communicative essence of life, our new souls

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.Hebrew 4:12

Jan 6, 2018
I agree.... I haven't read the whole thread, so someone may have quoted this already. It has been attributed to CS Lewis, but, research shows that he likely never said it. It has been found in other writings, though...

"You don't have a soul. You ARE a soul, you HAVE a body"
This is so inspiring....

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Only gingers are born without a soul.

Every one else has one.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
Actually mental health and are there any real human monsters born beyond redemption. Un-salvageable from the womb.
c...,

To my knowledge The Bible does not address this point sufficiently for us to conclude.
While I have seen some 3-4 y o's who looked and acted demonic I am not convinced they were born like that, maybe so.