Can anyone really doubt we are living in the Last Days?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
The signs are happening almost daily now.

Say, for instance, in the 80's or 90's or even as early as the 00's, the idea of the end times was known.... but didn't really feel like we were actually living in them or "there yet".

Today to a discerning follower of Jesus Christ and the Bible, and to one who is even slightly aware of eschatology, it is unmistakable and undeniable.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can feel the spirit of the end times all around. "Normies" are even starting to take notice. And I truly believe the Tribulation will begin within the next decade it's that close.

P

pottersclay

Say, for instance, in the 80's or 90's or even as early as the 00's, the idea of the end times was known.... but didn't really feel like we were actually living in them or "there yet".

Today to a discerning follower of Jesus Christ and the Bible, and to one who is even slightly aware of eschatology, it is unmistakable and undeniable.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can feel the spirit of the end times all around. "Normies" are even starting to take notice. And I truly believe the Tribulation will begin within the next decade it's that close.
Oh i agree totally. The signs are in your face sorta speak. Many are reluctant to say because of the chicken little theory.
But as far as I see the sky is definitely falling.
What makes this generation different than others is that Israel is being regathered back to its promised land in record numbers. Lawlessness is global and very prevalent, good is called evil and evil good.
Its time to get serious about these end time events as they steadily increase as birth pangs.
Many have siad ...this to shall pass...but no it won't....it only gets worse.
Very exciting times here and we were placed here for such a time as this.
Seek the Lord while he may still be found.

Pemican

Sep 27, 2014
Oh i agree totally. The signs are in your face sorta speak. Many are reluctant to say because of the chicken little theory.
But as far as I see the sky is definitely falling.
What makes this generation different than others is that Israel is being regathered back to its promised land in record numbers. Lawlessness is global and very prevalent, good is called evil and evil good.
Its time to get serious about these end time events as they steadily increase as birth pangs.
Many have siad ...this to shall pass...but no it won't....it only gets worse.
Very exciting times here and we were placed here for such a time as this.
Seek the Lord while he may still be found.
I agree and will add to your list:
Israel is ready right now to rebuild and furnish the temple which will exist in the trib. I've heard they are so prepared as to finish it in 3 months. They have been training Jews from the tribe of Levi to do the necessary temple cleansing rituals. They also have a source for the rare red heifer which is necessary for sacrifice.

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
I agree and will add to your list:
Israel is ready right now to rebuild and furnish the temple which will exist in the trib. I've heard they are so prepared as to finish it in 3 months. They have been training Jews from the tribe of Levi to do the necessary temple cleansing rituals. They also have a source for the rare red heifer which is necessary for sacrifice.
If one of the 5 heifers are viable and unblemished, look for a sacrifice this year (when they become old enough). It could be done with a temporary altar. They don't need a Temple to start the sacrifices.

Feb 11, 2023

Indeed, the great tribulation, which will be caused by an abomination that causes desolation. It will result in darkness, which will cover a third of the earth, for the sun and moon will not shine on a third of the earth. Man can now achieve, through what we can term an abomination that causes desolation, a third of the earth to be covered in darkness, as a cloud would cover a third of the earth, resulting in the sun and moon not shining on one third of the earth. We should all be concerned as to where the war in Ukraine could end up. But even if not there, sadly, it is only a matter of time before it takes place

Jul 14, 2019
It's already started I believe. A temple is just needed before the rapture because Paul cited it as the sign of our gathering together. We could already be at the White horse. It's very close if not already begun. God never tolerated so much. Look at abortions and gay marriage and gender changing. Then look at the flood, and Sodom and Gomorrah and Israel's captivates. God never tolerated it this long.

P

pottersclay

What the church needs to do is prepare the way of the Lord.
Scripture is very clear that the rapture ( those who believe in the catching away) should be looking for it to occur.
Those who remain asleep and go about their daily business are shut out.
I believe the prompting of the Holy Spirit will increase in this event.
Since we are not appointed to wrath, (for our savior and king endured that on the cross for us) we might have to endure some of the great tribulation untill the time when the bowls of wrath are emptied. Rev 6 i believe.
My view point on the great tribulation is that it is man made. Man seperating himself from GOD. Leaving God out.
For this cause God then invokes his judgement on the earth.
Man could never and will never save himself, we all need a savior for mans heart will become more and more wicked.
As they search for the person who seems to have all the answers to the worlds delemia the Lord fills them with strong delusion to beleive the lie. Thus the anti-christ.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
There was a drastic paradigm shift worldwide beginning on January 1, 2020. Since then the Satanist cabal that controls world events has escalated its tyrannical schemes for a New World Order almost daily. And we continue to see things heading downwards ever day.

Feb 5, 2023

The fall of babylon the great triggers the tribulation. It is close. Men are destroying the earth, Global warming is causing much havoc weather all over the earth. Everything is polluted. They are selling us cancer daily. It has become a huge money making business. How sad this world is. Satan truly is the god this system of things( 2 Cor 4:4)

Jan 15, 2023
Hey Gang,
One of the things that convinces me we are.. Is all of the issues we are facing in these times are GLOBAL....may times in the past when people suspected the Imminent beginning of the TRIB things were going in specific areas...but now all over....VERY SOON Cash will be done away with and we wilL be using CDBD....PROBABLY WITHIN A FEW YEARS IF NOT SOONER...once that begins the opportunity for someone to seize complete control will become extremely easy....
THE BATTLE RAGES TIL THE LION ROARS!!!
Clarence

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Woe! A bunch of Dispies, cheering on the end. Instead of using the time to preach the gospel to the whole world, you are predicting "the END!" If you really believed the end was coming, you would be sharing the gospel with everyone, instead of navel gazing, or looking up at the sky. Isn't that what Jesus said?

"and [Jesus] said unto them, Occupy till I come." Luke 19:13

Plus, such a poor knowledge of history! Do you have any idea how many big empires grew and then were shattered since the time of Christ? Right from the Greek empire, under Alexander a few years before, who Hellenized the known world, which is why The NT was written in Koine Greek & the OT was translated into Greek - (the Septuagint or LXX) because Greek was the common language! Then moving on to the Roman Empire, the Ottoman Empire, the Mongol Empire, the Lithuanian Empire, the British empire, the Aztec & Inca empires in the Western Hemisphere, the Chinese empires, and African & Asian empires that I don't know anything about, to the Austrian-Hungarian empire, the German empire (the 3rd Reich) and yes these empires have all come and gone, while Christians said the end was coming, and it did NOT. And now the modern Communist Chinese Empire, not forgetting the short lived Soviet Empire, either. And especially the American empire, which seems to be imploding, with leftist lies & dominance!

The Crusades (backed by the Holy Roman Empire, first under Charlemagne) had an underlying principle of seizing Jerusalem back from the Muslims, so Jesus could return to a Christian empire & come down on the Mount of Olives, at the end of the 1000 year millennium from the time of Christ to 1000AD. At least they had a great timeline of 1000 years since Christ! Of course they were wrong, many were killed, although it did stop the encroachment of Islam into Eastern Europe.

Yet, despite cleverly interpreting the signs, these empires, from Rome to the present, were all wrong. We may well be seeing the end of the American empire, right now! The signs could be saying that! Not that Jesus is returning!

As for Jesus return and the end? What did Jesus say?

"So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man." Matt 24:26-27

"Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory." Matt 24:30

"Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
36 But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Matt 24:34-36

There will be a sign, yes! Will it lead up to Jesus returning? NO! It will happen when Jesus returns, (at the same time!) and we don't even know what that sign or time is! To say nothing of the fact that it was predicted for the generation Christ was addressing, not the generation in 2023!

Too many of you live in an echo chamber. The more your pastor, friends, family affirm it is the end times, the more you believe it is!

And it may well be, that this is the time for Jesus to return! But we have no idea, because so many nations and empires have fallen & disappeared. I have total trust that Jesus will literally return. When the Father is ready.

Really, what is God waiting for!? Why hasn't he already returned? Why is it not now? Because he is waiting for the most possible people to be a part of the Kingdom of God!

"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:8-9

So, what is the best & only way for us to be a part of bringing about the Second Coming of Jesus? Preach, (as in evangelize!) the gospel. People won't get saved, if they don't hear the message of salvation!

8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim:
9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives." Romans 10:8-15

The message that rings across the NT, is we are God's plan to speak the good news! To live the Great Commission, as Jesus commanded us to do!

"Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matt 28:18-20

PS Anyone who believes this is the end times AND preaches the gospel, is obeying God! This post is not for those faithful Christians. I know there a a great number of people on CC, who use their sense of urgency concerning the return of Jesus to be inspired to fulfill Jesus' commands.

My husband and I have a long time (over 40 years!) Christian friend. His theology is terrible in so many ways. He was not well educated as a child, because he was chronically ill. BUT, at page 92, he prays constantly for everyone to be saved. He shares the gospel with everyone he meets, even standing on a street corner, waiting for the light to change. And he would follow the person, till he felt sure they understood the gospel. His reward will be great in heaven, I believe! And so will all the others who are not standing idle, but are preaching the Plan of Salvation, and trusting God that their work will bear fruit!

Feb 5, 2023
Woe! A bunch of Dispies, cheering on the end. Instead of using the time to preach the gospel to the whole world, you are predicting "the END!" If you really believed the end was coming, you would be sharing the gospel with everyone, instead of navel gazing, or looking up at the sky. Isn't that what Jesus said?

"and [Jesus] said unto them, Occupy till I come." Luke 19:13

Plus, such a poor knowledge of history! Do you have any idea how many big empires grew and then were shattered since the time of Christ? Right from the Greek empire, under Alexander a few years before, who Hellenized the known world, which is why The NT was written in Koine Greek & the OT was translated into Greek - (the Septuagint or LXX) because Greek was the common language! Then moving on to the Roman Empire, the Ottoman Empire, the Mongol Empire, the Lithuanian Empire, the British empire, the Aztec & Inca empires in the Western Hemisphere, the Chinese empires, and African & Asian empires that I don't know anything about, to the Austrian-Hungarian empire, the German empire (the 3rd Reich) and yes these empires have all come and gone, while Christians said the end was coming, and it did NOT. And now the modern Communist Chinese Empire, not forgetting the short lived Soviet Empire, either. And especially the American empire, which seems to be imploding, with leftist lies & dominance!

The Crusades (backed by the Holy Roman Empire, first under Charlemagne) had an underlying principle of seizing Jerusalem back from the Muslims, so Jesus could return to a Christian empire & come down on the Mount of Olives, at the end of the 1000 year millennium from the time of Christ to 1000AD. At least they had a great timeline of 1000 years since Christ! Of course they were wrong, many were killed, although it did stop the encroachment of Islam into Eastern Europe.

Yet, despite cleverly interpreting the signs, these empires, from Rome to the present, were all wrong. We may well be seeing the end of the American empire, right now! The signs could be saying that! Not that Jesus is returning!

As for Jesus return and the end? What did Jesus say?

"So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man." Matt 24:26-27

"Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory." Matt 24:30

"Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
36 But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Matt 24:34-36

There will be a sign, yes! Will it lead up to Jesus returning? NO! It will happen when Jesus returns, (at the same time!) and we don't even know what that sign or time is! To say nothing of the fact that it was predicted for the generation Christ was addressing, not the generation in 2023!

Too many of you live in an echo chamber. The more your pastor, friends, family affirm it is the end times, the more you believe it is!

And it may well be, that this is the time for Jesus to return! But we have no idea, because so many nations and empires have fallen & disappeared. I have total trust that Jesus will literally return. When the Father is ready.

Really, what is God waiting for!? Why hasn't he already returned? Why is it not now? Because he is waiting for the most possible people to be a part of the Kingdom of God!

"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:8-9

So, what is the best & only way for us to be a part of bringing about the Second Coming of Jesus? Preach, (as in evangelize!) the gospel. People won't get saved, if they don't hear the message of salvation!

8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim:
9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives." Romans 10:8-15

The message that rings across the NT, is we are God's plan to speak the good news! To live the Great Commission, as Jesus commanded us to do!

"Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matt 28:18-20

PS Anyone who believes this is the end times AND preaches the gospel, is obeying God! This post is not for those faithful Christians. I know there a a great number of people on CC, who use their sense of urgency concerning the return of Jesus to be inspired to fulfill Jesus' commands.

My husband and I have a long time (over 40 years!) Christian friend. His theology is terrible in so many ways. He was not well educated as a child, because he was chronically ill. BUT, at page 92, he prays constantly for everyone to be saved. He shares the gospel with everyone he meets, even standing on a street corner, waiting for the light to change. And he would follow the person, till he felt sure they understood the gospel. His reward will be great in heaven, I believe! And so will all the others who are not standing idle, but are preaching the Plan of Salvation, and trusting God that their work will bear fruit!
99% are mislead in these last days. Jesus taught FEW will find the road. because 99% of all religion is false including 99% of all religions claiming to be christian.

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
LOL!!!
Do you think I'm incapable of doing BOTH being observant of the End of Days AND preach the good news of salvation to the lost at the same time?
Nice personal attack and gaslighting though, Christian.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
99% are mislead in these last days. Jesus taught FEW will find the road. because 99% of all religion is false including 99% of all religions claiming to be christian.
You may find this difficult to believe, but I have been wrong before!Being clear on this point, my contribution could be wrong also. I love your post, but I must say, I have always taken the word generation used by Jesus Yeshua as a reference to the generation of flesh as opposed to the generation of the resurrected yet to come. Perhaps I am wrong but I yet feel this to be so.

God bless you and your husband who definitely has a reward come the Kingdom. Love in Jesus always jj

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
LOL!!!
Do you think I'm incapable of doing BOTH being observant of the End of Days AND preach the good news of salvation to the lost at the same time?
Nice personal attack and gaslighting though, Christian.
Well, you sure didn't read my last paragraph! I said exactly that! That many people were doing both! Before you comment, next time read the whole post before bashing me, or anyone else! My post was NOT for those people!

"What do they teach them in the schools these days?" C.S. Lewis: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
You may find this difficult to believe, but I have been wrong before!Being clear on this point, my contribution could be wrong also. I love your post, but I must say, I have always taken the word generation used by Jesus Yeshua as a reference to the generation of flesh as opposed to the generation of the resurrected yet to come. Perhaps I am wrong but I yet feel this to be so.

God bless you and your husband who definitely has a reward come the Kingdom. Love in Jesus always jj
ANGELA!
The above was intended to go in response to your wonderful post above. God bless you always....jj

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
Well, you sure didn't read my last paragraph! I said exactly that! That many people were doing both! Before you comment, next time read the whole post before bashing me, or anyone else! My post was NOT for those people!

"What do they teach them in the schools these days?" C.S. Lewis: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe!
I'm sorry, you're right, I didn't read your whole post. I apologize.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
I'm amazed that anyone still believes that the Third Temple is the earthly building, that the third Temple is Jesus Christ, and the Father lives in him, and he is the temple that was rebuilt three days later, the third Temple,

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
its always the same thing

Teens already read Dystopia and think its the end of the world when their parents divorce and they have to find a job to feed the family. . Children see people die. But this has been going on for quite some time. Nothing new.

Its just the complacent and selfish baby boomers getting the wake up call as they somehow assumed they would live forever. uh no,. without Jesus you have no hope and lots of baby boomers had been living without Jesus, who they exchanged for monetary tithes..basically they had sold their soul to mammon. This is why 'consumerism' is a thing.