S
selenah
Guest
???
I always believed salvation is MORE then just knowing God. For even the demons knew God and trembled.
I do believe someone who is saved is saved for eternity but salvation is being BORN again of both SPIRIT and water.
God does not want us to be babies forever. we are to grow and mature in Christ.
Salvation isn't just a spiritual state of believing in God and accepting Him as their Savior.
It is becoming a NEW creation in Christ.
I'm not sure if I can explain it fully. You should listen to the sermons.
Paris Reidheed uses the Bible to explain it clearer and in more depth then a few forum posts can.
start with the So great a Salvation: Awakening one.
http://media.sermonindex.net/16/SID16693.mp3
Hebrews 2
New King James Version (NKJV)
2 Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away. 2 For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just reward, 3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him
What I meant by "know God" is that you know He's there and you can talk to Him and He will help you and you belong to Him. Idk how to really describe it. Like I can be completely alone way out in the middle of the wilderness in the u.p. of michigan and still feel like God's there and talk to Him and have complete peace without ever feeling alone. Idk that was a really bad explantaion, but I don't know how to describe how someone knows God and knows they belong to Him.
I'll listen to the sermon tomorrow. I can't have the speaker up. Usually I just get the side speakers and put them up to my ear but the wires broke lol.