Can someone lose their salvation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter selenah
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sixty three pages of the worlds greatest christian thinkers...so did you all figure it out yet?
 
Abiding,
there is no way you are gonna understand a women unless you pray for understanding.
 
Abiding,
there is no way you are gonna understand a women unless you pray for understanding.
Well good thing i pray...i see that i thought i saw a question in that post.
It was a statement i see now. Did help to get a couple more short posts tho...
Gotta listen to the woman....sometimes its takes some time.;)
 
When My beloved looks on me and says" enter my kingdom my sister my bride".. i know I have Salvation.. until then I'm living on Faith, Hope and Love.
 
I failed english comp 3 times:) it was only by the grace of God that i made it through any classes that required writing.
 
images


No doubt in my mind which road your on
 
I think I should go start a thread do we have salvation yet?. How can we loose something that Christ is bringing with him? He hasn't returned yet. your right Abiding all my comments are off topic
 
I think I should go start a thread do we have salvation yet?. How can we loose something that Christ is bringing with him? He hasn't returned yet. your right Abiding all my comments are off topic

Yes I can see a great profit to explain what salvation is...what the gospel contains.
What a false profession would be...my thinking is that it doesnt have to be from an
angle so dismal...if you really think salvation isnt a gift that when fully recieved is so
empowered and kept as if we didnt have it untill the consummation than id say like you
say that others are...leaving some bible out.
 
I believe it is a free gift.. I believe we are all invited to come drink freely of the waters of life. i think we should tell others come it is the free gift of God. yet I believe The bridegroom is bringing Salvation for his bride. It is all very hard for me to understand.

Thing is there is a big huge broad road to destruction and a lot of people are going to be Saying.. but, Lord... My bible says those who remain.. My bible says those who bare fruit. my bible says those who love. there is a whole lot of thorns, thistles, false prophets, anti Christs, deceived and deceivers and even Some denying Christ, claiming he is an an angel. All claiming to have received that free salvation.

I'll wait on him and let him give his gift of Salvation to his bride then I will see.
 
if I can discount anyone, I can't count myself. so i have to wait.. I see people that claim that promise of free gift.. if you pulled back their skin you'd be looking at Lucifer.. so I have to wait and see what he does.
 
I think I should go start a thread do we have salvation yet?. How can we loose something that Christ is bringing with him? He hasn't returned yet. your right Abiding all my comments are off topic
will you you be starting this thread or was that said rhetorically? LOL I was guessing on how to spell rhetorically and spelled it correctly. :)
 
will you you be starting this thread or was that said rhetorically? LOL I was guessing on how to spell rhetorically and spelled it correctly. :)
ReignisHis should title her thread of 'Do we have salvation yet', as 'Can you hear Me now?' :)
----------()---------
I had a pastor friend tell me recently, "It is very difficult to lose your salvation."
'Very difficult,' your pastor said this, joshhunter, that we could lose our salvation.

We have the Hope of salvation, and, let us all partake of this Truth, we wait with 'blessed hope.' :)

New Living Translation. - "while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed."

Note: KJV states we look forward with 'blessed hope.'

Don't put your hope for salvation in a horse either, even a shining white one, and, especially an 'ashen' (pale green) one. (Read Rev. 6, or, where 4 horses described.)

Psalms 33:17 - "A horse is a vain thing for safety: neither shall he deliver any by his great strength."

Put your hope in Christ, fling yourself into His Holy Spirit care, for though the waters will move, sway, tumultuos conditions will arise, the Anchor, by your faith, through 'it,' will hold. :)


Thank you, Jesus, for being the Rock that gives me strength to speak, to move on your behalf, to be the Anchor for my soul, I know not surely for sure that I have salvation until that day, but I know whom I have believed, with as much faith as I can not see what is being seen, that is there, for I know in the midst of the waters, as the waves roll, and, crest, in conditions of extremity beyond what this vessel I can endure, which would sink any real ship from it's tempest, you Lord, are firm.
Have faith in your trials, Christ peeps, whatever 'mountains' and 'storms' of unbearing magnitude they are, for with Him leading you by His great mercy , and, grace, and, Love, you will enduringly, by faith, not by sight, get through, for....


....the Anchor holds :)

[Youtube]bZWLVVLTclY[/youtube]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Paul said he does not look at what he has attained, or as already being perfect, but presses toward the mark of the high calling of God
 
John 5


39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. 41I receive not honour from men. 42But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. 43I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 44How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 45Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 46For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?


Yahshua the Messiah told them to "Search the scriptures" they thought they had "eternal life" ...

Matthew 7

Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. 26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

28And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine: 29For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.



Hear them, do them......... "wise man"

Hear and doeth not "foolish man"

Yet some say, "it is all done for us" "we do nothing".....

Yahshua the Messiah gives instructions "to do"

Why then do many make statements against what he says?

Yahshua the Messiah is making it clear that one must do: "the will of my Father"


Faith in Yahshua the Messiah includes taking heed to what he spoke to us..

He is our mediator, he is our King, he is our Lord, he is our Shepherd... he is our Messiah, he is our Teacher...

He is Yahvah God's son, Spirit manifest in Flesh to be our sin offering...

He suffered for my sins before i was born, he loves me...

When i read the the Bible telling me how they "killed him" i wept and offering him vinegar for water, i wept i could not take this......

Oh how foolish i am, not to remember that all my sins put him on that cross also... that my wrong doings equated to his suffering as much as any...

My heart can not live any other way than to "strive" to obey for the Love of, the Glory of Yahvah God and Yahshua the Messiah..

Please do not tell me my obedience takes anything away from his suffering, for if it was my disobedience that put him there, then sure as i live i will strive to obey all he spoke and the Will of Yahvah God.

For it was not "obedience" but "disobedience" that he suffered for!!
 
We are saved by grace(gods work) through faith )our choice) By grace God gave us the opportunity to HEAR his word , the Gospel. "the natural man receiveth not the things of God for they are spiritually discerned"So we before being saved could not even comprehend or know the things freely given us through Christ.So God totally by grace brought us his word and gave us a measure of understanding to hear spiritual things.Then it was our choice to do with that understanding what we would. "God created man in HIS own image. and God has the liberty of choice Not only does God ,by grace cause us to hear (understand) he also if ask will be all things to us "Christ who is our life, he is made unto us sanctification,wisdom,life, death, strength, etc,all by the gifts that he has secured for us. Christ is long suffering and not wanting any to perish. Faith the substance of things hoped for. If a man says he has faith and no works can his faith save him?
 
And those having falling in the wilderness after their deliverance from bondage? Did they not make their heart stubborn to God's Voice after this action of salvation? Are we not taught of this backsliding from the lession of Hebrews 6:7-8. Does not those two verses speak of one who will not let the Spirit till him into perfection. And by which resistance, that person produces thrones and briers, whose end is for a burning?

Those who don't allow or I like to called it co-operate with the Lord, are the ones who never were once enlightened, and have (never) tasted the heavenly gift, and have (never) become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have (never) tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,

Because if they have,it is impossible to have complete falling away. For if they were regenerated by God, they are a new creature. The bible never says you can be un-regenerated. The bible never says you can be stricken from the inheritance. You can stray, but those truly regenerated God will bring you back again. The difference between us is simple I think. I believe once you have an authentic repentance and call on the name of Jesus to save you, God right then justifies you by the blood of His son, sanctifies you positionally in the family of God, and then God works with you in the transformation process, conforming to His likeness leading up to your death and finally glorification, the final product at His 2nd coming. If you are regenerated, it's possible to fall away into sin and but never leave God, for a period of time, For God will chastise His children and set them on the right path again because of His love. This is all of God's doing, where we through God's work in us up unto our completion our fruit and good works are displayed.
I think you view is, that you can be regenerated and be un-regenerated according to what YOU do, and that you have to do works to keep your position in Christ. You view is works based, mine is faith based upon what Jesus did for me, not what I can do for Jesus.

I also gather from you, that if I or anyone believes differently or interprets scripture differently from you, that I am apostate and going to Hell, or persecuting Jesus in some way, in which your main follower suggests. My view is we can debate the non-essentials of the Christian faith vigorously, but don't have to divide over it. And never, never, would I say anyone is going to hell or will lose their salvation, unless they don't adhere to essential Christian doctrine, not secondary issues, it simply isn't my call to make!
 
Last edited: