can we marry in the life to come

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

noblenut

Nov 29, 2017
i always wonder when the world is renewed and we become immortal whether those who haven't will be allowed to get married

noblenut

Nov 29, 2017
that the resurrection of the dead not the righteous, and it says he is the God of the living not the dead

noblenut

Nov 29, 2017
so are u saying we could or couldn't, that doesn't really address the topic of my thread

Nov 26, 2012
i always wonder when the world is renewed and we become immortal whether those who haven't will be allowed to get married
No marriage. No need. Most couples can’t even stay together for ten years, try eternity. No thanks.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
No one will marry, because no one will have children. The number of people living in the age to come appears to be fixed by the end of this age.

~Deut

noblenut

Nov 29, 2017
and did not Jesus say to his disciples who gave up everything to follow him that they will get it all and even more

noblenut

Nov 29, 2017
No one will marry, because no one will have children. The number of people living in the age to come appears to be fixed by the end of this age.

~Deut
Isiah talk about a child leading a lion, so where does the child come from

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Oh that all who come here to discuss the Bible at least read it.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
and did not Jesus say to his disciples who gave up everything to follow him that they will get it all and even more
Actually, He said this:

Mark 10
29 Jesus said, “Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or farms, for My sake and for the gospel’s sake,​
30 but that he will receive a hundred times as much now in the present age, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and farms, along with persecutions; and in the age to come, eternal life.”​

~Deut

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
exactly how many husbands do you want?

I promised you to one Husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to Him.
(2 Corinthians 11:2)

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Isiah talk about a child leading a lion, so where does the child come from
Isa 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
Isa 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
Isa 11:8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
Isa 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
Isa 11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

I think it is clear in verse 10 that this is during the millennial reign. :cool::D:)

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Thought the church will be a bride to Jesus and we'll all attend the wedding supper of the lamb. So we all will be getting married. See Revelation.

Sketch

Nov 1, 2018
In reference to this question, I always wondered about this scripture.
No mention of marriage, but childbearing seems to be possible between humans and angels.
Assuming "the sons of God" are angels.

Genesis 6:4
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
Thought the church will be a bride to Jesus and we'll all attend the wedding supper of the lamb. So we all will be getting married. See Revelation.
Not In the way the OP meant.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
In reference to this question, I always wondered about this scripture.
No mention of marriage, but childbearing seems to be possible between humans and angels.
Assuming "the sons of God" are angels.

Genesis 6:4
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.
An interesting theory, but no real support for it.
Jesus seemed to cover the whole marriage thing after the resurrection quite well-from what I've read.

Apr 15, 2017
The saints will put off the flesh, and obtain a glorified body.

The only thing that separates a man and a woman is the flesh, the soul, and spirit, are the same.

All spirits go back to God who gave them regardless of how the person acted on earth, so the spirit is not part of the saints in heaven.

The soul will live on with a glorified body.

There is no gender in heaven, but the saints are the same, a soul in a glorified body, so there is no marriage in heaven.

That is why Jesus said that the saints will not marry in heaven, but are like unto the angels, which the angels have no gender are are neither male, nor female.

There is no female angels, but the angels have masculine names for they are greater than people.

There in no gender in the spiritual realm, only the natural realm, the flesh.

But when people are at the new earth, the New Jerusalem, the final destination of the saints, the former earth shall not be remembered, nor come to mind, for it is associated with sin, and rebellion.

So the saints will not remember anyone, or anything that occurred on earth, so they could be standing next to their spouse from earth, and would not even know it was their spouse on earth.