Can you help me with a few questions I have?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 24, 2019
Does the flesh profit nothing?

Is that which is much esteemed by men an abomination to God?

Have those who are Christ's crucified their flesh with its passions and desires?

Is all that is in the world not of the Father but of the world?

Does friendship with the world make you an enemy of God?

Anybody got 5 Yes's?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Are you posting questions because you don't have the answers,
or are you posting questions because you want to debate the answers?

Feb 24, 2019
Are you posting questions because you don't have the answers,
or are you posting questions because you want to debate the answers?

I posted these questions because I would like to try to have fellowship with Christians who see Jesus as an acorn, their own TRUE-BELIEF as the 'good ground', and their sanctification as the oak tree. And who believe that growing that oak-tree attains adoption by God as His child.

"Yet to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the RIGHT TO BECOME children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God." - ( John 1:12&13 )

"If we claim to have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." - ( 1 John 1:6&7 )

I am trying for all I am worth to grow my oak tree and not just leave this world with an acorn in my hand.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It seems you know the answers, so why not just share your blessings…….My God continue blessing you..

Feb 24, 2019
It seems you know the answers, so why not just share your blessings…….My God continue blessing you..
Thank you for your prayer. I pray he bless you also.

I'm sure you know the 5 questions are just scriptures phrased as questions.

And I suppose I am trying to share any blessing I might have through my posts.
And if my posts are discouraging for anyone's faith and growth then obviously I recommend they avoid them, and instead concentrate their efforts on the things that they find boost their faith and growth.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Thank you for your prayer. I pray he bless you also.

I'm sure you know the 5 questions are just scriptures phrased as questions.

And I suppose I am trying to share any blessing I might have through my posts.
And if my posts are discouraging for anyone's faith and growth then obviously I recommend they avoid them, and instead concentrate their efforts on the things that they find boost their faith and growth.
Never stop doing the wrks given you. I do not fault your manner at all. You are givne your manner in the same way all have a manner and way in the Lord. Keep up th egood works in Jesus always….

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019

Have those who are Christ's crucified their flesh with its passions and desires?

Anybody got 5 Yes's?
"Stay the course, I hope your faith will guide you in the right path. Make no mistake,
brotherly fellowship within this community is diversified, argumentative, agreeable
and disagreeable, many opposing views, always informative in some respects...
I have learned when comfortable within ourselves, God is good...when in doubt,
we pray about it and strive to get right with Christ, and ones own self.".....:)
'Praise God'

Attachments

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I posted these questions because I would like to try to have fellowship with Christians who see Jesus as an acorn, their own TRUE-BELIEF as the 'good ground', and their sanctification as the oak tree. And who believe that growing that oak-tree attains adoption by God as His child.
Yeah... if I'm understanding your point correctly... then I don't really agree with that.

But thanks for clarifying your views, and welcome to CC.

GHClarkII

Mar 20, 2019
Yeah... if I'm understanding your point correctly... then I don't really agree with that.

But thanks for clarifying your views, and welcome to CC.

Agreed and agreed. We do good works as a fruit of our salvation. We do not earn adoption. We love God because he first loved us. While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. This system you have is totally backwards man. It's works salvation. Salvation is by grace.

Feb 24, 2019
Agreed and agreed. We do good works as a fruit of our salvation. We do not earn adoption. We love God because he first loved us. While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. This system you have is totally backwards man. It's works salvation. Salvation is by grace.
Salvation is by grace because God didn't HAVE to place the Tree of Life in our midst.
He could have just let us live out our worldly lives and perish.
So the opportunity to eat that Fruit is a free-gift that we couldn't possibly have earned for ourselves or claim any 'right' to.

And though He feeds the birds of the air, the worms don't float up to them in the trees where they're sitting.
They have to 'work' to gather the food He has provided, or they'll die.

And so, we too, must choose to eat of the Fruit of the Tree of Life if we want to 'Know God' and 'have' Love in ourselves.
And that Fruit that He has made available to us is Jesus.
And so the "Work of God" is to believe in Jesus, which is a struggle because the whole world is under the sway of the wicked one.

Therefore Jesus says "strive", "many will try, but few will be able".

Anyway, that's how I have come to understand my reality.
Nevertheless, if I am mistaken, then I pray The LORD show me otherwise.
And please say a prayer for me. :)

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
It profits nothing where eternity is concerned..

Different men esteem different things.. But for most what they esteem is an abomination to God..

Yes..

No.. God created this world.. His Word that we share in the Gospel is in this world in us..

Yes..

Anybody got 5 Yes's?
Well 4 out of 5 from me..

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018

Anybody got 5 Yes's?
No. the flesh profits the flesh.
No. God is much esteemed by me.
No. But most are working on it.
No. As the other guy said, God's word is in the world.
No. In that we must be friends with the lost, in order to share the gospel with them-that they might be saved.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
God replaces our hearts of stone with those of flesh.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live
in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God,
who loved me, and gave himself for me.