Can you tell us how you felt when you was sick with covid?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 4, 2021
Any personal stories about how it started, which symptoms you got? How ill you got? How long it lasted? I am not totally well now. I do have a cold, blowing my nose, coughing, shortness of breath, and many of the other symptoms. But I think it is probably just a cold. I am watching british news, and they are reporting that the vaccine might not protect folks longer than 6 months.I hugged my aunt who got vaccinated both times over 6 months ago. She has contact with many people. I wonder if she could have carried it even if she herself did not get sick. Other than that, I hugged two others, one claiming to be doublejabbed and was only having a cold as she said. I do not know if the third one was vaccinated.

I guess I should wear a mask again, and not see other people than the two who says they are doublejabbed. I also wonder if there are some things I should get at the pharmacy just in case, apart from a thermometer and cough syrup. This is day three with feeling sick. The last physical contact was on saturday. Does this fit with the incubationperiod, or is it most likely just the common cold? Not asking medical advice as such, just non prescription drugs like vitamins and minerals. I have done the vitamin C thing, topping up the levels, not working. Will pop out this afternoon, any tips appreciated.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
if you feeling unwell get tested and then you can rule covid out if it is negative.

But not a good idea to hug people when you feel sick.
I havent had covid, but people do say you lose your sense of taste, as well as other symptoms that are kind of like a cold. But its more of a flu than a cold...you may get a fever as well.

The thing with covid is it attacks your respiratory system which is why people that get it need ventilators. if you have difficulty breathing that is actually very serious.

take a precautions, wear a mask, stay home, if you do go out, wash your hands regularly..use hot soapy water. If you cant, use hand sanitiser.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Vitamin C is good also zinc
People also say quinine, which you can get in indian tonic water. Drink plenty of fluids, preferably hot lemon or ginger, or chicken soup. Soup has vitamins and they are soluble so they are more easily absorbed into your body.

Aug 4, 2021
if you feeling unwell get tested and then you can rule covid out if it is negative.

But not a good idea to hug people when you feel sick.
I havent had covid, but people do say you lose your sense of taste, as well as other symptoms that are kind of like a cold. But its more of a flu than a cold...you may get a fever as well.

The thing with covid is it attacks your respiratory system which is why people that get it need ventilators. if you have difficulty breathing that is actually very serious.

take a precautions, wear a mask, stay home, if you do go out, wash your hands regularly..use hot soapy water. If you cant, use hand sanitiser.
Not asking if I should get tested. Asking how it feels if you get it, and how you deal with it. And tips for natural herbs and supplements to get. Quinion is malaria medicine, that is prescriptionstuff. Cannot get that at all unless I have malaria I think. And if it is allowed for this thing, then I would need to test myself. The loss of smell and taste is not symptoms, those are rare effects after having it. I was thinking of symptoms like getting hot, then cold, sweating, heavy breathing, fast breathing, dizzy, numb head, stuff like that. I do the vitamin C, also do the D and zink

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Yeah, no... with ad banners for "Stop the shot!" right alongside ad banners for vitamin super-supplements. :rolleyes: No way I'm trusting anything from a scare webpage.
If the same [exact] video was played on the CNN website, would it make what the doctor is saying any more or less true?

What is more important - the creditability of the doctor or the website?

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
If you take the gospel message into a bar or strip club - does it make the message any less important?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
well i was just saying how other people feel when they got it and how did they know? they were TESTED

Testing is actually REALLY important, so people know if they are infectious

but. .if you want to ignore the evidence then just be in your own little world then

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Get tested for Covid...it won't hurt you.

If it's positive...
You might still be inside the window of being able to get the antibody cocktail... otherwise you might find yourself sucking on an oxygen tank for months.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If the same [exact] video was played on the CNN website, would it make what the doctor is saying any more or less true?

What is more important - the creditability of the doctor or the website?
So who trusts CNN? They are much too big on the party line and sensationalism. :p

And yes, anything found on those websites will be judged partly by the website on which it is found. Those websites cater to conspiracy theorists, and anything found on them will only be what is inline with conspiracy theories.

Aug 4, 2021
Get tested for Covid...it won't hurt you.

If it's positive...
You might still be inside the window of being able to get the antibody cocktail... otherwise you might find yourself sucking on an oxygen tank for months.
It will hurt me, a stick stuck up my nose will hurt me. It does not sound pleasant. Anyways, feeling a bit better now, bit disappointed to not get any answers on topic apart from the vitamin D+zink, that I already did, while I might be dying if it was covid. But this seems to have been the cold. As my own doctor, I predict full recovery in two days.- Sniffles in the morning, much coughing, but just some more than usual, Heavy breating gone. Headache, and some other light stuff only now. I will be fine tomorrow and can get back to normal. Thank you all, but please stop debating the issue of politics, when people ask for advice on natural remedies because they may have it, geez. You discussing a global pandemic while people suffocate if they have it and ask for advice of shortterm remedies before they can get an appointment. Not very productive at all people.It is a virus, it is not God. What would Jesus do? Blather on about vaccine or not for 3 days instead of answering clear? If you think so, you are all wrong about Jesus.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Friends of mine had it. Just got over it. Were tested and confirmed to have it.

She said she had a hard time breathing, fever, cough.
Her husband had a fever and horrible headaches.
Their kids had the sniffles.

Our neighbors were tested and confirmed to have it last year. Neighbor said it "was like a bad cold".

My pregnant friend had it earlier this month, along with her husband. Again, tested and confirmed. She said it felt like something was sitting on her chest and she had zero energy. Her husband and kids were asymptotic.
Her sisters caught it, too, but I never heard about their symptoms but only my pregnant friend was admitted to the hospital and that was just to monitor the baby for a few hours.

Everyone I know whose had it felt miserable but have all fully recovered.

Aug 4, 2021
Friends of mine had it. Just got over it. Were tested and confirmed to have it.

She said she had a hard time breathing, fever, cough.
Her husband had a fever and horrible headaches.
Their kids had the sniffles.

Our neighbors were tested and confirmed to have it last year. Neighbor said it "was like a bad cold".

My pregnant friend had it earlier this month, along with her husband. Again, tested and confirmed. She said it felt like something was sitting on her chest and she had zero energy. Her husband and kids were asymptotic.
Her sisters caught it, too, but I never heard about their symptoms but only my pregnant friend was admitted to the hospital and that was just to monitor the baby for a few hours.

Everyone I know whose had it felt miserable but have all fully recovered.
Thank you, I had that or the common cold. It was not good at all, now I am feeling better and can get back to business tomorrow. Such a shame that a virus has become so taboo, you cannot even get some advice on natural herbs and stuff that may help, till you are past it.What is going on? Is there something in the water? Regarding the mask, I feel almost fine now, should I still wear a mask in public for a day or two? Or can I just drop it now?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
A mask is worn not only to protect others but yourself.
It is also worn to be an outside indication that one cares for all.
It could be seen as a sign of love for all.

Aug 4, 2021
A mask is worn not only to protect others but yourself.
It is also worn to be an outside indication that one cares for all.
It could be seen as a sign of love for all.
Sure, but not american, masks are an anomaly here. We only wear them to protect others if we feel sick. I feel better now. Incubationperiod is as I understand it the few days when I get sick, and now that I am all better, it is not a problem anymore, right?Not that it matters much, I tend to forget to wear the mask anyways. It is in the car, I keep on remembering it when I am at the checkout counter. Remembered it at one store, forgot at 6 stores.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Sure, but not american, masks are an anomaly here. We only wear them to protect others if we feel sick. I feel better now. Incubationperiod is as I understand it the few days when I get sick, and now that I am all better, it is not a problem anymore, right?Not that it matters much, I tend to forget to wear the mask anyways. It is in the car, I keep on remembering it when I am at the checkout counter. Remembered it at one store, forgot at 6 stores.
Ah, you must live in a state where you have freedom of choice. I'm in Oregon and masks have been mandated by our governor for inside AND outside.
Still, there are some stores that don't force me to wear it soooo...

For me, if I'm not sick I don't wear it. I had a cold a few weeks back and the few times I had to run into the store, I wore the mask.

Aug 4, 2021
Ah, you must live in a state where you have freedom of choice. I'm in Oregon and masks have been mandated by our governor for inside AND outside.
Still, there are some stores that don't force me to wear it soooo...

For me, if I'm not sick I don't wear it. I had a cold a few weeks back and the few times I had to run into the store, I wore the mask.
Not a state, I live in europe. Yes, masks have been optional all the time I think. not big on the news, do not check every week like some do. Filled up a car with a trailer, of my stuff just now, and changed cars, do not even know if I forgot it in the other car. It looks like shit here, and only a chair, wonder where I am supposed to sleep, on the floor or in the bed. No fridge. to takeaway or not. I am beat.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Not a state, I live in europe. Yes, masks have been optional all the time I think. not big on the news, do not check every week like some do. Filled up a car with a trailer, of my stuff just now, and changed cars, do not even know if I forgot it in the other car. It looks like shit here, and only a chair, wonder where I am supposed to sleep, on the floor or in the bed. No fridge. to takeaway or not. I am beat.
Ah, Europe. I don't know why I thought you were in the US. 🤔

We just went through a move, too. It's exhausting, for sure. Worse, I imagine, when you're getting over being sick. Sorry you're dealing with all that.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Loss of taste and smell for two weeks.

A little fatigued now and then, but nothing terrible.