Canadian Pastor Arrested for Preaching the Gospel.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
On the streets of Toronto, Ontario on Sunday, (June, 23, 2019) two events happened.

1. The Pride Parade. Many men were naked, and simulated sex was seen among the participants. The parade had been billed as "family friendly" and young children were in attendance and saw these men walking around. Nakedness is "indecent exposure" and a criminal offence in Canada, but nothing was done about these people, and the police were everywhere.

2. A preacher named David Lynn, continued his street preaching for the day, the third or fourth place his congregation had been, a few blocks from this parade. First, protesters started screaming at him. Then they started attacking him and hitting him. The mob grew, until the police came. David Lynn hoped they had come to arrest the people who were hitting and punching him. Instead, they told him to move on. He did move, but then the police told him to shut off his loud speaker, as he was violating noise bylaws, as it was the same volume he always used, he asked to see a noise meter, but there was not one. He shut it off, but continued to speak about Jesus. He was handcuffed and dragged to the squad car, while he asked why he was being arrested. Inside the car, they told this black man he was being racist and homophobic. Fortunately, he lives streams every event so there is a record, and there was no derogatory remarks, just the gospel. The police charged him with disorderly conduct. His court date is July, 10.

Interestingly, he said members of his congregation continued to preach and they were not arrested. They only arrested the pastor to make an example of him.

Please pray for David Lynn that the charges would be dropped, and this horrible performance by the Toronto police would be reviewed, and punishment meted out to those officers who ignored assault to arrested someone with a Bible in their hand, preaching the gospel.

Here is a link to an interview he did.

And pray Trudeau is not reelected in Oct. He was marching in that pride parade, and has enabled a lot of pro-gay and liberal nonsense in Canada. And if you are a Canadian, think carefully about all the lies, the scandals under Trudeau, including land locking our oil, which is a scheme promoted by American rich men, such as Soros and the Rockefeller Foundation. I don't usually listen to conspiracy theories, but a woman named Vivian Krause followed the money and documented all that had been done to bias the media in the 2015 election, so Harper, our former Prime Minister, did not get back in. We won't even get into the fact that he cannot put two words together on his own.

Here is a short video (1:22) to show both how Trudeau thinks and talks. Our latest embarassment.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I heard of the arrest, but I was unaware of the larger context. This is indeed sick; the police, it seems, are more interested in 'keeping the peace' than upholding the law.

As for Canada's present federal leader, well, there will be judgment... and October's election will only be the beginning. I pray he repents.

U

UnderGrace

On the streets of Toronto, Ontario on Sunday, (June, 23, 2019) two events happened.

1. The Pride Parade. Many men were naked, and simulated sex was seen among the participants. The parade had been billed as "family friendly" and young children were in attendance and saw these men walking around. Nakedness is "indecent exposure" and a criminal offence in Canada, but nothing was done about these people, and the police were everywhere.

2. A preacher named David Lynn, continued his street preaching for the day, the third or fourth place his congregation had been, a few blocks from this parade. First, protesters started screaming at him. Then they started attacking him and hitting him. The mob grew, until the police came. David Lynn hoped they had come to arrest the people who were hitting and punching him. Instead, they told him to move on. He did move, but then the police told him to shut off his loud speaker, as he was violating noise bylaws, as it was the same volume he always used, he asked to see a noise meter, but there was not one. He shut it off, but continued to speak about Jesus. He was handcuffed and dragged to the squad car, while he asked why he was being arrested. Inside the car, they told this black man he was being racist and homophobic. Fortunately, he lives streams every event so there is a record, and there was no derogatory remarks, just the gospel. The police charged him with disorderly conduct. His court date is July, 10.

Interestingly, he said members of his congregation continued to preach and they were not arrested. They only arrested the pastor to make an example of him.

Please pray for David Lynn that the charges would be dropped, and this horrible performance by the Toronto police would be reviewed, and punishment meted out to those officers who ignored assault to arrested someone with a Bible in their hand, preaching the gospel.

And pray Trudeau is not reelected in Oct. He was marching in that pride parade, and has enabled a lot of pro-gay and liberal nonsense in Canada. And if you are a Canadian, think carefully about all the lies, the scandals under Trudeau, including land locking our oil, which is a scheme promoted by American rich men, such as Soros and the Rockefeller Foundation. I don't usually listen to conspiracy theories, but a woman named Vivian Krause followed the money and documented all that had been done to bias the media in the 2015 election, so Harper, our former Prime Minister, did not get back in. We won't even get into the fact that he cannot put two words together on his own.

Here is a short video (1:22) to show both how Trudeau thinks and talks. Our latest embarassment.

It would seem the Right Honorable Justin Trudeau missed his Manchurian programming appoint, it happens!....... then they talk nonsense.o_O

U

UnderGrace

I have seen clips where they are dressed as Jesus on the float doing this and other unmentionable things.

I thought "love was love" the entire parade is only about one thing sex ... I guess that is the sum total of love for them.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Prayers for this brave Preacher. Jesus said they would do such, so he is probably rejoicing that Christ is with him. I'm not gonna shame Canada, though they deserve to be, because this could happen anywhere..........even here in the US.

K

kaylagrl

What has happened to my home? smh

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
What has happened to my home? smh
I know! Too many people thinking leftism is viable, and maybe they will get something for nothing. And too many stupid young people wanting legal pot, and young girls falling in love with him, without ever looking at his disastrous policies. Trudeau is at the G20 in Japan, and a lot of world leaders are giving him the cold shoulder. Embarrassing for Canada, but hopefully people in Canada will wake up and vote Conservative, and we can at least stop the leak in the dam for another 4 years. Get your finger ready!

K

kaylagrl

I know! Too many people thinking leftism is viable, and maybe they will get something for nothing. And too many stupid young people wanting legal pot, and young girls falling in love with him, without ever looking at his disastrous policies. Trudeau is at the G20 in Japan, and a lot of world leaders are giving him the cold shoulder. Embarrassing for Canada, but hopefully people in Canada will wake up and vote Conservative, and we can at least stop the leak in the dam for another 4 years. Get your finger ready!

All my family back home are hoping and praying he'll get voted out. I haven't heard one good word about him. Seems they can't get him out fast enough. I'll be very surprised to see him win again.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
All my family back home are hoping and praying he'll get voted out. I haven't heard one good word about him. Seems they can't get him out fast enough. I'll be very surprised to see him win again.
You are from the Maritimes? That is good to hear they do not like him. It gives me hope!

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Only that's not exactly what happened. This preacher kept approaching people and trying to talk to them and they kept telling him I don't want to talk to you, leave me alone.
they kept telling him that he wasn't wanted there and they wanted him to leave

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Only that's not exactly what happened. This preacher kept approaching people and trying to talk to them and they kept telling him I don't want to talk to you, leave me alone.
they kept telling him that he wasn't wanted there and they wanted him to leave

So you are saying this pastor lied, and the police are telling the truth?

Street preaching is about reaching those who will never hear the gospel another way. He does this all the time, nothing new. Plus, they set up as a church, he was not approaching anyone, but using a microphone, which he shut off when asked to by the police.

Strange it happened at the same time as nude gays were prancing around in the pride parade, only a few blocks away! And yet, despite violating decency laws, the nude men were not arrested. Hmm, who should I believer?

Dec 12, 2013
To be frank....this pisses me off....I am sick of gays, lesbians, Muslims, left wing politicians, transgender etc. being able to say and do anything in public while believers are ostracized, beaten, arrested, tormented etc.....

Listen to my words and pay heed....CHRISTIANITY is under the gun and the time is coming where we will be killed openly for our stance. There is no imminent return....we will ENDURE THE GREAT TRIB....and if Jesus does not COME WHEN HE DOES there will be no flesh LEFT ALIVE.....wake up....understand the evil that is here and coming......!!!!! We are about out of time.....!!!!

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
So you are saying this pastor lied, and the police are telling the truth?

Street preaching is about reaching those who will never hear the gospel another way. He does this all the time, nothing new. Plus, they set up as a church, he was not approaching anyone, but using a microphone, which he shut off when asked to by the police.

Strange it happened at the same time as nude gays were prancing around in the pride parade, only a few blocks away! And yet, despite violating decency laws, the nude men were not arrested. Hmm, who should I believer?
I saw the video. you see him approach like 5 people and all of them tell him we don't want to talk to you leave us alone.
But he still kept persisting.
Several people told him we don't want you here and you need to leave but he still kept persisting
the police officer told him to leave because he was causing a disturbance but he's still kept persisting
I suspect maybe he was trying to get arrested so he could be a martyr and be like oh no I'm so persecuted

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I saw the video. you see him approach like 5 people and all of them tell him we don't want to talk to you leave us alone.
But he still kept persisting.
Several people told him we don't want you here and you need to leave but he still kept persisting
the police officer told him to leave because he was causing a disturbance but he's still kept persisting
I suspect maybe he was trying to get arrested so he could be a martyr and be like oh no I'm so persecuted
You need to watch the video above. He said there are always people who don't want to hear the gospel message. He doesn't give up, because there are people in that same crowd who give their lives to Christ.

Perhaps you need to read the NT, Dude, and see how many people were imprisoned or jailed for their faith. Stephen, Paul, James, Silas, and others come to mind!

Street evangelism isn't about letting gays push you around. It is about standing for Christ.

How often do you do that?

Robertt

May 22, 2019
Bahrain
it is interesting to hear both sides.

First we read how he did nothing wrong, then we read he did cause nuisance. I would be happy to see it posted that he was arrested for being pushy with the word. But to pretend he did nothing wrong is a lie.

Whilst yes the Gay people nude is wrong too, (I haven't seen any videos of event to know who is telling truth) we shouldn't set our standards to those of the world.

U

UnderGrace

You need to watch the video above. He said there are always people who don't want to hear the gospel message. He doesn't give up, because there are people in that same crowd who give their lives to Christ.

Perhaps you need to read the NT, Dude, and see how many people were imprisoned or jailed for their faith. Stephen, Paul, James, Silas, and others come to mind!

Street evangelism isn't about letting gays push you around. It is about standing for Christ.

How often do you do that?
Pastor David Lynn has been active on Toronto streets for at least ten years, he is always respectful and only engages those that engage him.

He preaches Christ forgiveness for sin....I think his message is very balanced.

The interesting thing is that every other part of Toronto where he goes and preaches it is not an issue....just this one part of town.

U

UnderGrace

it is interesting to hear both sides.

First we read how he did nothing wrong, then we read he did cause nuisance. I would be happy to see it posted that he was arrested for being pushy with the word. But to pretend he did nothing wrong is a lie.

Whilst yes the Gay people nude is wrong too, (I haven't seen any videos of event to know who is telling truth) we shouldn't set our standards to those of the world.
What did he do that was wrong?

U

UnderGrace

To be frank....this pisses me off....I am sick of gays, lesbians, Muslims, left wing politicians, transgender etc. being able to say and do anything in public while believers are ostracized, beaten, arrested, tormented etc.....

Listen to my words and pay heed....CHRISTIANITY is under the gun and the time is coming where we will be killed openly for our stance. There is no imminent return....we will ENDURE THE GREAT TRIB....and if Jesus does not COME WHEN HE DOES there will be no flesh LEFT ALIVE.....wake up....understand the evil that is here and coming......!!!!! We are about out of time.....!!!!
I agree, however I also believe Christians have dropped the ball and trusted the wrong people in politics over many many years etc., we have not been active, too many waiting for the pre-trib rapture....and I have met these people who believe that it does not matter because they will be raptured away.

Now I hear there is going to be a straight pride parade in Boston.....but it is getting a lot of push back.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/06/26/boston-straight-pride-parade-date/