CESSATIONISM AND HEALING

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 23, 2018
My example stems from this thread sir...and from the author of this thread implying that all christians must never be sick...if they are, they are denying CHRISTŚ atonement for healing.

And sir...people MOST DEFINITELY DO NOT want some way out of healing...EVER
Is healing Gods will?
It is a fact that healing is part of the atonement.

Many believers are sick.
Does that change the facts?

Many are in habitual sin
Does that change the command to walk holy?

Many poo poo the power of God,gifts,and healing.

Does that mean all can never be healed?

Many unsaved could be saved
Does that mean Jesus did not die for every single person?

Or is there some deficiency in man and believers that has them disenfranchised?

Jul 23, 2018
HIS GRACE is sufficient, sir...
Please refer and remember Paulś ẗhorn in his flesh¨...he prayed for that thorn to be removed....

It wasn´t removed..

With your thinking, sir...let us go back to ¨evangelism¨...
and let us remember what Paul said regarding this as well...who are we to tell the Potter what to do???????
So Jesus went about telling the sick "my grace is sufficent,keep your infirmity so you will be a better person."?

If sickness helps us,should we pray to become sick?

My point is,there are things that block the will of God.

Faith is the action part of belief. Show me the pattern of your message that God is sorta kinda in the healing business. Show me where Jesus main deal was to have infirmity as a helper to humble and teach.

Show me the uncertainty of Jesus concerning healing.

Jul 23, 2018
Yes....it certainly is GOD´s WILL that all who look to THE SON and believe in HIM..have ETERNAL LIFE
It isn´t your message...it´s GOD´s and it should be received as such...

evangelism is not telling physically sick people that they can be healed physically.

Okay?

Evangelism is telling spiritually sick people (and all are physically sick regardless of any known or obvious physical outward ailment, that they are in need of a PHYSICIAN...and pointing them to THAT PHYSICIAN...

That is what evangelism is...
Re read my post.
You missed it COMPLETELY.

I am using evangelism as a parallel dynamic.

...not schooling anyone on evangelism.

Ma'am...I know evangelism is Gods message.

If I am preaching it..it is my message without claiming I am God or originated Gods message of salvation.

Jul 23, 2018
Yes he was...and GOD knew it even before HE created man...
....and was sure that healing was part of the cross even before moses demonstrated decisively that anyone looking upon the serpent,a type of Jesus on the cross was healed.

...of course he COULD have said "stay poisoned,my grace is sufficient for thee"

Jul 23, 2018
""evangelism is not telling physically sick people that they can be healed physically""

WOAH
what do you think evangelism is?

Healing of the lost is off the table?

What else is off limits that God "used to do"?

You really think God does not heal sinners and they come to know him through his wonderous deeds and power?

I hope you are seeing God is bigger than the doctrine of limited religious notions.

Jul 23, 2018
HIS GRACE is sufficient, sir...
Please refer and remember Paulś ẗhorn in his flesh¨...he prayed for that thorn to be removed....

It wasn´t removed..

With your thinking, sir...let us go back to ¨evangelism¨...
and let us remember what Paul said regarding this as well...who are we to tell the Potter what to do???????
Lol
You got a thumbs up from a staunch cessationist.

See that's the thing.

When I pray for the sick it is with the knowledge that it IS HIS WILL FOR ALL, A. L. L. to be healed.
All...not some.

I proceed from there.

Then,if I know there is something in the way,I seek heaven to reveal the roadblock.

But sometimes the person is under judgement. They opened the door to their problem...and some are believers being judged in this life.

None of that changes the fact that healing is part of the NT.

Just like a failure to get some pple saved has zero to do with Jesus dying for the whole world.

You are taking your limited experience and hoping to establish some false baseline of Gods will.

You just randomly apply "grace is sufficient" to every infirmity.

Why did paul do other healings and raise the dead?

That's the thing.
Cessationist jettison my 70 verses to 3 or 4 out of context verses by Paul.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
....and was sure that healing was part of the cross even before moses demonstrated decisively that anyone looking upon the serpent,a type of Jesus on the cross was healed.

Well, I am not against healing. And if God would heal every physical sickness of his children. Great! Then I would believe all the claimes which are made that God heals everybody ore that physical and mental healing is in the atonement.
But, I cant find this is reality. Only to say, then your faith is not Big enough. Its your own fault that you remain sick. This is very poor.
And what is for me more important. That no Single Christian was taught in the NT that he never will become a desease, if he has enough faith.
So all this claimers which promisse a sickness life, if the faith is great enough adding something to the word of God. In revealation 22,18 we can read what happend with such people.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
Well, I am not against healing. And if God would heal every physical sickness of his children. Great! Then I would believe all the claimes which are made that God heals everybody ore that physical and mental healing is in the atonement.
But, I cant find this is reality. Only to say, then your faith is not Big enough. Its your own fault that you remain sick. This is very poor.
And what is for me more important. That no Single Christian was taught in the NT that he never will become a desease, if he has enough faith.
So all this claimers which promisse a sickness life, if the faith is great enough adding something to the word of God. In revealation 22,18 we can read what happend with such people.
I mean of course a : sickless life

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Is healing Gods will?

Many believers are sick.

Many are in habitual sin

Of course not, but do YOU believe that many are running to the Benny Hinnś of the world because they seek a sign outside the ONE already given?????????

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
""evangelism is not telling physically sick people that they can be healed physically""

WOAH
what do you think evangelism is?

Healing of the lost is off the table?

What else is off limits that God "used to do"?

You really think God does not heal sinners and they come to know him through his wonderous deeds and power?

I hope you are seeing God is bigger than the doctrine of limited religious notions.
Woah, sir...if one is lying on their death bed and one is evangelizing that sick person,and he/.she receives what should be preached, he/she has received THE BETTER PART...

Don´t. when evangelizing, lay any other foundation than then ONE laid..

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
So Jesus went about telling the sick "my grace is sufficent,keep your infirmity so you will be a better person."?

If sickness helps us,should we pray to become sick?
My point is,there are things that block the will of God.

Faith is the action part of belief. Show me the pattern of your message that God is sorta kinda in the healing business. Show me where Jesus main deal was to have infirmity as a helper to humble and teach.

Show me the uncertainty of Jesus concerning healing.
No, HE told Paul that...

Show me where you are somehow better than Paul in understanding GOD´S GRACE and the TRUE FAITH that is to HIS GLORY...
Are you trying to suggest Paul had no idea that JESUS can and does heal? Are you suggesting that our faith is greater than Paul?

Just the opposite is true...Paul had great faith...he had signs that faith in CHRIST alone is sufficient...and because of all that he had been given, all the wisdom and surpassing knowledge of the TRUTH of What had been hidden throughout the WORD of GOD, that thorn was given him to keep him on THE FOUNDATION...understanding that it is ALL GODŚ GRACE to begin with that he has received what he had received...

That too, was GOD´S GRACE...

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016

I don´t remember that message exactly as CHRIST said when HE said, and if I be lifted up...

I don´t remember HIM saying, look to me and you will be healed from the poisonous snake that has bitten you, though HE did say, NOW is satan cast out...

HIS healing was more than JUST physical...

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
Lol
You got a thumbs up from a staunch cessationist.

See that's the thing.

When I pray for the sick it is with the knowledge that it IS HIS WILL FOR ALL, A. L. L. to be healed.
All...not some.

I proceed from there.

Then,if I know there is something in the way,I seek heaven to reveal the roadblock.

But sometimes the person is under judgement. They opened the door to their problem...and some are believers being judged in this life.

None of that changes the fact that healing is part of the NT.

Just like a failure to get some pple saved has zero to do with Jesus dying for the whole world.

You are taking your limited experience and hoping to establish some false baseline of Gods will.

You just randomly apply "grace is sufficient" to every infirmity.

Why did paul do other healings and raise the dead?

That's the thing.
Cessationist jettison my 70 verses to 3 or 4 out of context verses by Paul.
No...I am just taking literally what JESUS said was GOD´S WILL in John 6...as well as what JESUS said was the WORK of GOD, which is also in John 6

I take it literally...and I leave everything else to HIM...
I know where my eyes are and who my eyes are on...in ALL seasons...sir...

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016

Wait a second, can you clarify what you meant by your above statement which I highlighted in red?i

Mar 28, 2016
Is healing Gods will?
Actually its the other way around the wrath is the reveled will . In dying you will never rise again to new spirit life. The letter of the law death kills .It does no wound.

The atonement has to do with our propmised born again bodies our living hope. For who hopes for something they already do have? If we begin to rob the unseen glory of the gospel and attribute the understanding to the temporal healings. We would find ourselves in danger of blaspheming the Spirit of Christ that does dwell in born again believers. No one escapes the first death and it sufferings. We rest in Him our Sabbath.

There is already a legion of gods in the likeness of men.

And there they
preached the gospel. And there sat a certain man at Lystra, impotent in his feet, being a cripple from his mother's womb, who never had walked: The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiving that he had faith to be healed, Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked. And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker. Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen and garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice with the people. Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out, Acts 14:7-14

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Actually its the other way around the wrath is the reveled will . In dying you will never rise again to new spirit life. The letter of the law death kills .It does no wound.

The atonement has to do with our propmised born again bodies our living hope. For who hopes for something they already do have? If we begin to rob the unseen glory of the gospel and attribute the understanding to the temporal healings. We would find ourselves in danger of blaspheming the Spirit of Christ that does dwell in born again believers. No one escapes the first death and it sufferings. We rest in Him our Sabbath.
Nobody is doing what you suggest. God does actually heal people's physical bodies, and they don't turn into idolaters. People who already were pagan idolaters misunderstood Paul and Barnabas and their ministry; it wasn't Christians who were idolizing them.

Sep 14, 2019
Is healing Gods will?

Many believers are sick.

Many are in habitual sin

Christians need to poo poo seeking gifted healers for healing and instead believe in Christ's atonement.

Sep 14, 2019
Re read my post.
You missed it COMPLETELY.

I am using evangelism as a parallel dynamic.

...not schooling anyone on evangelism.

Ma'am...I know evangelism is Gods message.

If I am preaching it..it is my message without claiming I am God or originated Gods message of salvation.
The topic isn't evangelism but healing for christians. Don't digress.