Change your username

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

Kim82

Sometime ago I inquired about changing my username. I was told this could not be done, and that I would need to delete my account and join again.

This is a big dilemma. I would lose all my posts. But I dont want this username anymore😒. It would be good if I could get to change it.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
The answer to your dilemma remains the same.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
The issue isn't a refusal to do so. Uts
Sometime ago I inquired about changing my username. I was told this could not be done, and that I would need to delete my account and join again.

This is a big dilemma. I would lose all my posts. But I dont want this username anymore😒. It would be good if I could get to change it.
The issue isn't a refusal to do so, this issue is a limitation in the software. The software the site is built on simply does not have that capability.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
This is a big dilemma. I would lose all my posts. But I dont want this username anymore😒.
Your posts would not go away, but if you were to become a guest, your ability to search your post stream by the older user name would be gone, though you may still be able to find some of them through the search function if you remember key words... I wonder if it would be acceptable for you to create a new user name more to your liking without having your current profile deleted? I know we are not supposed to have more than one account, but if you do not ever use the older one again after creating a new one, would that be acceptable to Robo and/or the mods?

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Your posts would not go away, but if you were to become a guest, your ability to search your post stream by the older user name would be gone, though you may still be able to find some of them through the search function if you remember key words... I wonder if it would be acceptable for you to create a new user name more to your liking without having your current profile deleted? I know we are not supposed to have more than one account, but if you do not ever use the older one again after creating a new one, would that be acceptable to Robo and/or the mods?
If they never logged in to the old account what would be the purpose of keeping it active? They still couldn't access anything from that account any better than they could if it were deactivated.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
If they never logged in to the old account what would be the purpose of keeping it active? They still couldn't access anything from that account any better than they could if it were deactivated.
To search their previous post stream from the new account, which is not possible once an account has been deleted.

Dec 19, 2020
The answer to your dilemma remains the same.
Depending on the underlying software you can sometimes merge two accounts. In that case the person creates a new account and admin merges the original and new account. May or may not be an option with this particular software.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Depending on the underlying software you can sometimes merge two accounts. In that case the person creates a new account and admin merges the original and new account. May or may not be an option with this particular software.
Its not, hence his response.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Do you happen to know what platform the forum is developed on
No, but it has been stated it does not do well with customization. But I wouldn't hold my breath expecting anything. Bigger issues don't seem to get acknowledged either.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
its like what happens when you get married. doesnt seem to be a problem for men, but women lose their maiden name, and some of their own identity when they marry.

Thats just life I suppose.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019

Why don't you like Kim82? I think it's nice.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
I have wanted to change around my user name too, I just didn't know what to put at the time of signing up. Now I would put something different.

Jun 7, 2019
You don't need to worry about it God will provide in Jesus amen :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I have wanted to change around my user name too, I just didn't know what to put at the time of signing up. Now I would put something different.
I like Ruby too! What would you change it to?

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
I like Ruby too! What would you change it to?
I'm not sure. Ruby is not my real name, it was my cats name lol. I just don't like the 123 part after it but Ruby had already been taken and I kind of got stuck as to what to put so I just went with that.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
its like what happens when you get married. doesnt seem to be a problem for men, but women lose their maiden name, and some of their own identity when they marry.

Thats just life I suppose.
It is not a legal requirement in any US state that a woman takes the last name of the man that she married but rather it's a personal choice. Personally, I would not be willing to marry a woman who would refuse to take my last name but that's just me.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I'm not sure. Ruby is not my real name, it was my cats name lol. I just don't like the 123 part after it but Ruby had already been taken and I kind of got stuck as to what to put so I just went with that.
My wife and I dined at Ruby Tuesdays a couple days ago but didn't see little Ruby scurrying around though.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
It is not a legal requirement in any US state that a woman takes the last name of the man that she married but rather it's a personal choice. Personally, I would not be willing to marry a woman who would refuse to take my last name but that's just me.
I think it's kind of nice to take the man's surname. Over here you have a choice.