Characters Part 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter MollyConnor
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MollyConnor

Guest
Which character do you think other people on CC look or act like? When I say characters I mean, cartoons, human beings from movies or shows and book characters. It could even be someone from the Bible. I hope you all have fun!

I'll go first.

Cmarieh you remind me of Anna from Frozen. You are so sweet and you are one of my best friends on here. You're like a sister to me.

MadParrotWoman you remind me of Mary Poppins because you seem very motherly and have offered me great advice in the past.
anna_3088.pngJulie-Andrews_Mary-Poppins-5.jpg
 
Well, this wasn't easy...just got a few:)

Littlebit is definitely Shania Twain cause she looks like here:)

images



Frank is John Wayne cause he is living like a cowboy:D

images



Mitspa is Ronald Reagan cause...no explanation required, really:p

images




Gandalf is...well...

images
 
Well, Molly I am speechless (and that takes a lot) and touched that you think of me that way and thank you. I am not very creative at the moment so I cant think of characters to fit certain members, but I am thankful that we are rebuilding our friendship
 
CC won't let me link images but Arlene is the spitting image of the dark haired Australian Girl on Tokyo drift. And whoever mentioned Lilbit, I haven't seen her in ages but she does look like Shania Twain!

A lot of you noobs haven't seen any pics of me, but I look like a lot like Adam Sandler, just shorter. Personality wise, Im probably more in the Greg Focker zone :p
 
People have told me I'm a real character. They never have told me which though. And usually it is right after I've pulled a joke or something.

If I gotta be a character I'll be Linus from the Peanuts comic. Not for the blanket and thumb or the Great Pumpkin, for his philosophical view of life.
 
People have told me I'm a real character. They never have told me which though. And usually it is right after I've pulled a joke or something.

If I gotta be a character I'll be Linus from the Peanuts comic. Not for the blanket and thumb or the Great Pumpkin, for his philosophical view of life.


lynxie, do you anything about hooking up tv's to computers, so that I can watch youtube on my television? Is that even possible?
 
lynxie, do you anything about hooking up tv's to computers, so that I can watch youtube on my television? Is that even possible?

I aint lynxie, but if your computer and television both have either a VGA or HDMI port it is possible. Part of that will be based on the age of both units as to which (some have both) they have, and adapters are available to adapt from one to the other.


HDMI plug

03-hdmi.jpg


VGA plug
1344328547_w670_h400.jpg
 
Yeah, what he said.

Also many smartphones today have a mini-HDMI port. With a mini- adapter you can connect your phone to a widescreen TV and show a movie from your phone.

Either way you'll probably need to buy an HDMI cable, as most TVs and computers don't come with one by default. Wal-Mart has them and they're not all that expensive. Don't get the high-end, gold plated junk, that's for suckers (it is DATA being transmitted, not AUDIO... data is data is data.) Just get a regular ole cable.

Even if your computer only has a VGA port and your TV only has a coaxial port (in other words, even if your gear is old) you can still put the computer screen on your TV. They have VGA-coax adapters. Lemme know if HDMI is not an option for you and I'll give you a link to some adapters.
 
Thanks, Oncefallen. :)

PS. If you are running Win7 (I'm not familiar with other operating systems) you can set up for a dual monitor so that you can run one window on the external monitor (your TV) and another on your main monitor so you can do other things online while enjoying youtube. In this configuration the external monitor becomes an extension of your main screen (to the right) so you can slide windows off of one monitor onto the next and back. I've run my laptop in this configuration for years. When I still frequented chat, chat would be open on one screen while the forums and other stuff would be stacked on the other.
 
PS. If you are running Win7 (I'm not familiar with other operating systems) you can set up for a dual monitor so that you can run one window on the external monitor (your TV) and another on your main monitor so you can do other things online while enjoying youtube. In this configuration the external monitor becomes an extension of your main screen (to the right) so you can slide windows off of one monitor onto the next and back. I've run my laptop in this configuration for years. When I still frequented chat, chat would be open on one screen while the forums and other stuff would be stacked on the other.


I still have Win7, my computer is an HP, and the tv is a really old RCA..
 
I still have Win7, my computer is an HP, and the tv is a really old RCA..

If it's a "really old RCA" I'm assuming it's not a digital TV in which case I'm assuming that it will not have either VGA or HDMI ports in which case it cannot be done, but I could be wrong, Lynxie probably would know.

**is done with derailing this thread
:cool:
 
If it's a "really old RCA" I'm assuming it's not a digital TV in which case I'm assuming that it will not have either VGA or HDMI ports in which case it cannot be done, but I could be wrong, Lynxie probably would know.

**is done with derailing this thread
:cool:

lol..me too and apologies to the OP for the momentary derail. :)
 
It can be done with adapters. I'll send you a PM. It won't be computer screen resolution though, if the TV is that old.

That awkward moment when my nerd aura turns every thread in which I participate into a tech support thread.