Chat down

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Carbide

Nov 1, 2018
I'm having the same problems, I'm guessing maintenance! :( I hope and pray its up soon, Hi carbide
Sadly a big issue. i thought i was frozen mid chat yesterday and now still this morning it logs in but no Names in any room including my own name not showing
I manage to enter the room , but there are no names coming up :/
I missed all you guys today. Its been down a while like it was the last time. I though I was banned. LOL
Big hugs :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
your name was mentioned a lot . people wondering where you were.

But once again the whole APP is down..

Time to invest in new software that needs less maintenance
The chat app is made and maintained by only the site owner. Not too likely he'll be paying to change that out.

Robertt

May 22, 2019
Bahrain
well with all the subscriptions he takes he should buy some good software.

Happy to pay an extra fee if it worked all the time

Robertt

May 22, 2019
Bahrain

ding dong the chat is dead. chat is dead....

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

How much does such software cost? How much does he make in subscriptions? :unsure:

S

Seeking-Christ

I've been using the chat app for Windows, but I'm not sure if I like it or not. For me the software works pretty good, however it's the same people in the chats over and over again. Some of the people I met, don't seem to use the forums that much, if at all. And those of you that use the forums all the time, don't seem to use the chat app that much. So there seems to be a disconnect between the people on the forums and the people on the chat app. This kinda stinks for me, because once I meet someone in chatrooms, I would like to be able to keep in touch. Look! I can't be on the chat app all the time, and I can't be in the forums all the time.

Another problem I run into is the microphone situation. It feels like when people are using the microphones then it sorta takes over everything. That is fine if you can talk by microphone. However in my life there are plenty of times when I don't have the privacy to be able to use my microphone to talking. Plus, not every time I'm in a chatroom do i care to be hearing people talk out loud. Sometimes I like to listen to some music or listen to audio book while I chat. That way I'm killing two birds with one stone.

Anyways, that is just how I feel about the chatrooms. Plus I got one more thing, the private chats. Ehhh, Well some people could be nicer to someone who is trying to meet people. And second, I wish there was a way of filtering out 13 year olds. Just the other day, someone who said they were 13 wanted to talk to me. I do not wish to talk to anyone that young!!!! I got to have people in my life that is at least as mature as I am.