Childish posters.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Scripture is always an appropriate answer to any question.
Wrong. What is two plus two?

Once again, you refuse to answer a straightforward question with a straightforward answer.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
Wrong. What is two plus two?

Once again, you refuse to answer a straightforward question with a straightforward answer.
My answer was very straightforward, if you read the verses in question.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
My answer was very straightforward, if you read the verses in question.
Again, Scripture does not answer my question. If you disagreed, it might. It does not even begin to explain why you found my post "boring" or why you chose to respond, marking it as such.

So, please answer my question with an appropriate and relevant answer.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I decided to post this here because this is where I believe it is most present.
All of us have probably had to deal with childish behavior in fellow believers just as others have had to deal with our childish behavior.
This is a place where we come to discuss and even debate the many different beliefs that are present in the religious world. Many we agree with, many we do not.
It seems very childish to me for a person to suggest that a teaching they disagree with should not be discussed and even banned from this forum. I believe it is also very childish for a person to suggest that a person be banned because they feel offended by that person. I will also ad to put some one on ignore is childish in my opinion.
This is a tough world and is going to become even more so very soon and we as believer need to grow up and stop with the childish behavior.
Just my opinion brothers.
Yes I agree completely debates are not for the faint of heart we must understand that we go into a battle field every time we come here if we are offended by a doctrine or by a users beliefs then that kind of comes with the territory. The only way I would want someone banned is if they were constantly attacking and mistreating others I don't put others on ignore hardly ever it has opnly ever happened a few times and once it was because I was being trolled by another user on here.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
Again, Scripture does not answer my question. If you disagreed, it might. It does not even begin to explain why you found my post "boring" or why you chose to respond, marking it as such.

So, please answer my question with an appropriate and relevant answer.
You have your answer in post #23.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I respect each of your ideas; I certainly wouldn't try to convince you to do otherwise.

I use the Ignore option out of respect, believe it or not. I believe that it is wrong to not reply to people when they address you, therefore when I place a persistent and disruptive soul on the Ignore list, I tell them before I do it. In this way, they will know that if in the future, I do not respond to them, they will know why.

I don't resort to the tool necessarily as punishment, but to make a point. Also, I have pre-chosen a day at some point that I have used over the years, to remove each person from that list. Why? Because just as the Lord has forgiven me, I forgive all others for their transgression. Just as the Lord has changed me, all people are available to that Holy Change as well, thus it is critical (to me) that all people be given a second, third, fourth, fight . . . 77 times 7 chances to have received a Changed Heart, a Holy Work produced by the Spirit.

So again, I place people on the Ignore list and let them know out of respect. I find it to be incredibly rude to know that I am not on someones Ignore list, yet they refuse to address me. THAT . . . I find to be incredibly rude and immature.

What do you think of Paul teaching that we "cast the dust off of our sandals" when someone won't listen? Or, his teaching of having nothing to do with people who create chaos and division?
Maybe it is just because I haven't been able to be online that much but I haven't seen you around lately how have you been?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
See Proverbs 26:4-5.

I decided that I wanted to be like you.
using scripture as an insult how very Christian, I don't know what is going on between you two but this is not how scripture was meant to be used

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I haven't read all your comment. I just got, so far, to the point in not being responded to when a person was specifically addressed..

I remembered that I had forgotten to respond the other day.

I didn't, if you remember, lol. Bless my poor memory sometimes. I wanted to tell you, though, that sometimes I don't respond because I am asked why I allow or don't allow something.

The truth is because I only have staff on my screen name, so I can do a little chore to help. I am merely a volunteer, nothing more. I have no allowing or disallowing, lol, power!! I am quite grateful for not having that responsibility.

When users are going at eachother, I leave it up to them to hopefully come to an agreement, even if the agreement is just to agree to disagree and move forward in another direction.

I will go back to reading but I am sorry for not responding and tbh, I have no idea anymore where that post was. I use to try and fix stuff, but found I only created more problems, so now I put it in the hands of my Lord and His Spirit. I pray for the true admins here, and the users on the site.
Oh! you were online and I missed you? dang... I will write a poem soon so look forward to it.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
How completely unsurprising. You have exemplified well the whole point of this thread.
Yes I looked back in the thread and his actions were uncalled for why he targeted you in particular I haven't the slightest

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
using scripture as an insult how very Christian, I don't know what is going on between you two but this is not how scripture was meant to be used
It started when he put a billion (I am exaggerating of course) blots on my posts..."boring", "X", "(n)"...

for no apparent reason.

Now, when I give him a taste of his own medicine, you come running to his defense.

Where were you when he was doing those things to me?

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
I think that using Proverbs 26:4-5 to rebuke someone is well within the means of what that scripture was intended for.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
It started when he put a billion (I am exaggerating of course) blots on my posts..."boring", "X", "(n)"...

for no apparent reason.

Now, when I give him a taste of his own medicine, you come running to his defense.

Where were you when he was doing those things to me?
The old do unto others as they do unto you huh? I don't know the squabble between you two but from what I have seen in this thread you were the only one at fault and I don't appreciate the misuse of scripture to me scripture is very holy and sacred it is not to be used as we please certainly not as an insult to others for out petty squabbles had you not done that your argument may have flown under my radar and I would have minded my own business but now you have gone and misused scripture because he posted boring on your posts?

Is that really a good enough reason to act so childish and just prove the point of this thread?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I think that using Proverbs 26:4-5 to rebuke someone is well within the means of what that scripture was intended for.
Not for the reason you were doing it, if he was in the wrong for something in this thread then yes but you did it out of spite not to edify or give correction thus your argument and justifcation for misusing scripture is empty

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
Maybe it is just because I haven't been able to be online that much but I haven't seen you around lately how have you been?
Hey, boss! I was worried about you. I sent you an email and didn't get a reply. I've seen that you have been here, but because you haven't replied, I figured that you may have been upset. Glad to see that you're not . . . you're very important!

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
Not for the reason you were doing it, if he was in the wrong for something in this thread then yes but you did it out of spite not to edify or give correction thus your argument and justifcation for misusing scripture is empty
His doing of it was so incessant that I feel the need to be incessant in the payback.

And if you are going to judge me for exacting payback then how much more ought you to judge him for doing it in the first place?

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
The old do unto others as they do unto you huh? I don't know the squabble between you two but from what I have seen in this thread you were the only one at fault and I don't appreciate the misuse of scripture to me scripture is very holy and sacred it is not to be used as we please certainly not as an insult to others for out petty squabbles had you not done that your argument may have flown under my radar and I would have minded my own business but now you have gone and misused scripture because he posted boring on your posts?

Is that really a good enough reason to act so childish and just prove the point of this thread?
At least you are also saying that he was being childish for posting "boring" , "X", and "(n)" in the first place.

If there is anything that I wanted to convey, it was that he was being childish in doing those things.

Of course in doing those things myself, I became like him.

At least I have prevented him from being wise in his own eyes;

And I say to you verily that that was my motivation; out of love: because it is written,

Pro 26:12, Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
What does it matter whether his violation was in this thread or in another?

I did what I did in order to point out the fact that he (@Dino246) is a childish poster; by behaving just like him and exacting the response from certain people that in behaving like him I was being a childish poster.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Hey, boss! I was worried about you. I sent you an email and didn't get a reply. I've seen that you have been here, but because you haven't replied, I figured that you may have been upset. Glad to see that you're not . . . you're very important!
Oh I'm sorry lol I had no clue I have been swamped lately with work literally just get off work eat dinner take my medication and get some sleep and start the process over again for the past month or so but work has been easing up so I have been able to come online again