Choose Love

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
A plan from youversion app that I thought others may appreciate. I do.

Choose Love

It’s a new day and a new opportunity to be intentional about who I choose to be and how I choose to act today. Today I have 100% opportunity to start my day with thanksgiving, enabling me to receive and bring love more freely to the situations I encounter and the people I meet. Today I have 100% opportunity to acknowledge that I am fearfully and wonderfully made, created in the image of God and truly loved by Him!

Rather than feel downcast about myself, I can acknowledge that God sees me through the eyes of grace and that I am chosen and loved. If I fail and fall short, I am loved. God approves of me and delights in me! God says that He will never leave me nor forsake me. These are truths I can hold on to, in any situation I face today. When I am able to fully grasp how high, how deep, and how wide God’s love is, then I can choose to trust Him more fully. I can face adversity with greater calm, knowing that His plans and purposes are governed ultimately by His love for the world, and by his love for us. This knowledge brings me peace, courage and strength.

A fuller knowledge and experience of love enables me to love others more fully without trying to control or manipulate them, without the need to "rescue" them or achieve personal recognition or gain through them. Even though I might have disagreements and differences of opinion with others, if a common bond of love exists between us, then we become more than neighbors living separately to one another, we become family living alongside one another.

Today I can choose to notice what prevents me from receiving & giving love, and what helps me to welcome love and bring love.

Prayer: Thank you Lord for your amazing love for me. Thank you that it is your love that brings healing and binds people together. Your love provides me with a new identity and has the power to set me free from all sense of ego and oppression. Thank you that today I can choose to be a channel for your love and impact others. Thank you that your love powerfully repositions me to be your hands and feet that can touch people's lives for good.

Feb 28, 2016
CR,
we don't trust the 'media', thus what ever just comes up, this includes 'individualmedia' -
hub and I just Trust in The Word of God...

yes, we have been students for many years and will continue to be so for many more...

Prognostic

Jan 5, 2018
I like this! Thanks for making it! And thanks to God for working through you so I could come to know it Amen to that!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Choose Love

It’s a new day and a new opportunity to be intentional about who I choose to be and how I choose to act today. Today I have 100% opportunity to start my day with thanksgiving, enabling me to receive and bring love more freely to the situations I encounter and the people I meet. Today I have 100% opportunity to acknowledge that I am fearfully and wonderfully made, created in the image of God and truly loved by Him!

Rather than feel downcast about myself, I can acknowledge that God sees me through the eyes of grace and that I am chosen and loved. If I fail and fall short, I am loved. God approves of me and delights in me! God says that He will never leave me nor forsake me. These are truths I can hold on to, in any situation I face today. When I am able to fully grasp how high, how deep, and how wide God’s love is, then I can choose to trust Him more fully. I can face adversity with greater calm, knowing that His plans and purposes are governed ultimately by His love for the world, and by his love for us. This knowledge brings me peace, courage and strength.

A fuller knowledge and experience of love enables me to love others more fully without trying to control or manipulate them, without the need to "rescue" them or achieve personal recognition or gain through them. Even though I might have disagreements and differences of opinion with others, if a common bond of love exists between us, then we become more than neighbors living separately to one another, we become family living alongside one another.

Today I can choose to notice what prevents me from receiving & giving love, and what helps me to welcome love and bring love.

Prayer: Thank you Lord for your amazing love for me. Thank you that it is your love that brings healing and binds people together. Your love provides me with a new identity and has the power to set me free from all sense of ego and oppression. Thank you that today I can choose to be a channel for your love and impact others. Thank you that your love powerfully repositions me to be your hands and feet that can touch people's lives for good.
Your depth of spiritual insight is as deep as your heart. Yes, God is love!

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
CR,
we don't trust the 'media', thus what ever just comes up, this includes 'individualmedia' -

yes, we have been students for many years and will continue to be so for many more...
I admire how much you all know the word. I was spending time in the word and came across a bible plan that hit home for me and wanted to pay it forward. I guess because I agree with it and because it seems to line up with the word.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Your depth of spiritual insight is as deep as your heart. Yes, God is love!
Thank you Brother. You are so kind to us all. I am so grateful for His agape love. We are so blessed with Him.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I like this! Thanks for making it! And thanks to God for working through you so I could come to know it Amen to that!
Thank you so much for the encouragement. I enjoyed reading it too. I am glad that you also enjoyed it. God Bless.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
CR,

help me understand individual media hub. I agree with your choice to put all your trust in the word of God, very wise indeed.

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016

Choose Love

A wonderful post. Although some are quotes, it doesn't lessen
your thoughts. You were made by God, for God to be like God.
however none of us will be God because there is and always
will be only one God. So to those that might criticise you I
will say "Well excuse me, since when were you perfect." I may
listen but I may or may not agree to the criticism. One thing
I would never do is allow the critic to drag me down to their
level. Most of their critiques are jealousy and a lack of their
own identity.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
A wonderful post. Although some are quotes, it doesn't lessen
your thoughts. You were made by God, for God to be like God.
however none of us will be God because there is and always
will be only one God. So to those that might criticise you I
will say "Well excuse me, since when were you perfect." I may
listen but I may or may not agree to the criticism. One thing
I would never do is allow the critic to drag me down to their
level. Most of their critiques are jealousy and a lack of their
own identity.
Yes, in Him we are blessed. We must adhere to Him and His Grace. He and His word are enough. I am encouraged by the fact that you will not allow the critics to weigh you down, brother. This points to your solid identity in Him. You are so right about none of us being perfect. I think we serve ourselves and others well when we keep that at the forefront of our thoughts. It helps us to love mercy as we are called to do. Plus, it helps us lean on and into the rock of ages. Thanks for reading and for your input. God Bless. Oh and I do appreciate constructive criticism, when it is given with respect and gentleness. If my Brethren see error, I want to know what it is so I can grow. However, I know it is God that will not only get me where I need to be now, He will also bring me home

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Blessings to you my sister,and thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts!🙏💖🙏

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Blessings to you my sister,and thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts!🙏💖🙏
I merely paid forward thoughts of another. But thank you dear Sis. I am with you in how much I am blown away with how biblically savvy many are here. I, like you said about yourself, have much to learn. Hugs and God Bless.