Lets all boast of our ability to follow the law. Lets all condemn others who can not do it by judging them as not being followers of the law.
Better yet. Lets all be like David, Sacrifice and burnt offering you did not desire.
Ever have that thing you REALLY wanted to do, although you KNEW it was wrong. It kept tugging at you. But all you could think of was the law (do not do this) Then after continued going back and forth in your head. DOn't do this, But I want to. Dont do this, But I want to. You fall to temptation? After doing this a few times, you become hardened to the law. As paul said, The law revived, Sin increased. And I died.
This is what happens when you follow law.
Instead of looking at the law. And continually telling yourself not to do it. Instead look to the spirit. Think spiritual things, What would God have me do today, How can God use me, who does God need me to touch with his love. If we did this in the first place. We never would have been tempted or even thought of the sin. And we never would have sinned.
This is why we do not look to the law to be righteous. We look to God. Trust him in all areas. Look to the spirit.
I am sorry people think I am downing Gods law. Or think I think we should just discount it. I don't.
On the contrary, I saw isreal for 2000 years TRY to follow the law and fail. I see people in my early life at a law fearing church try, and fail, many fall away, because they could not do it.. I see God, Jesus and Paul teach not to look to the law. But the gospel. and if we do this, we will learn to trust God. Mature in Christ, and learn to live like he did.
Do you think Christ went around, Do not lie. so I am not going to lie. Do not murder.. So I am not going to murder?? NO!! He concentrated on doing the things GOD HAD FOR HIM TO DO in EVERY MOMENT OF HIS LIFE. And in doing so. He fullfilled the law. Not because he followed THE LAW. But because he followed HIS FATHER And trusted him in ALL THINGS.