CHRIST IS THE END OF THE LAW OF RIGHTEOUSNESS TO THOSE WHO BELIEVE

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
So, in Acts 15, the disciples acted in disobedience to what Jesus told them to do?

(just wondering........is all..........)

No disobedience here. They were talking about obedience to the Law for salvation's sake. I am not.
 
To say that we don't need to manually fulfill the law is distorting God's word and opening up the world for the devil. Of course, Christ fulfilled the law. It is only through Christ we are forgiven of our sins. Christ fulfilled the law.

In order for us to allow Christ to fulfill the law we must do our part, we must repent of sin and accept God's grace. It includes living a life that God spelled out for us Manually, if you want to use that word for it.

Without that we go to a world ruled by the devil, ruled by manually obeying sin and death.

Those of the Faith in Christ are:
Philippians 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
 
Yes you will live by his spirit,but come on you mean to tell me all your actions and even thoughts will be blemish free 100% of the time that would make anybody a liar.

This can be truth if we walk by the Spirit of God, for the more one learns in trusting God, they learn to daily sacrifice themselves and be co-crucified to self daily as Paul states:
1 Corinthians 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.
Philippians 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
[h=3]Philippians 3:10-11[/h]Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

[SUP]10 [/SUP]that I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
[SUP]11 [/SUP]if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

So it is through death to self with Christ's death for us, that we might see the resurrected us by God a free gift to us that believe and seek the Spirit over the flesh.
Romans 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Romans 8:4 that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
 
We have a new nature in Christ and when we receive the Holy Spirit. We daily die to self and live in Christ. When we live by faith it means that we trust God enough to act on what God says. All this is true.

We still have our fleshly nature as well. We still have a choice to make daily. We still need to pray to the Lord to lead us away from temptation. If we sit back and say to God that we won't do anything to handle our nature or to handle temptations, we are lost. God expects our involvement. God will not lead us around like a robot even then. God expects us to be involved.

And so,
Hebrews 2:3 how shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

Thanking God you are not ignoring this amazing salvation RedTent
 
Romans 12:1
King James Version (KJV)

12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

and this can only be done if one sees and believes God in this through Son
Colossians 1:22 in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
 
The people in your life can be a stumbling block if you feed into the things they say instead of having faith.I am being tested forgive me I have those in my life trying to steal my faith by accusing me of any little thing so I will need to pray to be stronger in Christ.They try and make me feel like I don't measure up with God and sometimes it gets to me I am under constant pressure.

Stand firm in your belief Sister, stand firm and see when others accuse what God says
Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man’s servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
1 Corinthians 2:5 that your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
 
I't has always been portrayed that God will send me to hell for any little thing over and over I was under this all the time.I don't believe it like I once did but sometimes I second guess myself more lately.

If what you did believe were true, then no one will ever go to heaven ever. So God came in Human flesh form to redeem us through Him, via his Son Christ, where we are reconciled through his death to Father. Because no flesh could ever obey 100% as Christ did for us. to bring us back to life in the Spirit through the resurrection.
1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

You believe God don't you, then you are justified too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God, not man.
 
Jesus sat with sinners and was condemned for it, but i feel when He was sitting with them He was sharing with them how to get well, He is the Great Doctor. i don't think He just sat and said carry on with how you are living you will get well.

It is the Love, (Mercy) that causes one to think, not condemnation, Thanks Brother Don
 
The Paul I read says:

  • law is only meant for disobedient and lawless people, not righteous ones
  • only disobedient people are under the law of Moses
  • believers in Christ are dead to the law of Moses
  • those who seek to be justified by law in any way are cursed
  • the law of GOD is love which is shed abroad in our hearts through faith

  • law is only meant for disobedient and lawless people, not righteous ones
... the law is not given for a righteous person but for the lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and totally worldly, for the one who kills his father and the one who kills his mother, for murderers, sexually immoral people, homosexuals, kidnappers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is opposed to sound teaching, 1 Timothy 1:9-10​


  • only disobedient people are under the law of Moses

If you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. Galatians 5:18

For all those who are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. Romans 8:14​


  • believers in Christ are dead to the law of Moses
But now we have been released from the law, because we have died to that by which we were bound, so that we may serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter of the law. Romans 7:6

For through the law I died to the law, in order that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ, Galatians 2:19
​


  • those who seek to be justified by law in any way are cursed
For as many as are of the works of the law are under a curse, for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not abide by all the things that are written in the book of the law to do them.” Galatians 3:10​


  • the law of GOD is love which is shed abroad in our hearts through faith
For the whole law is fulfilled in one statement, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Galatians 5:14

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. Romans 5:5
​
 
For Salvation's sake, we don't need to follow the Law.

But once we have that we should follow the Law, and teach others to do so.

Matt 5:17-19 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

So at the cross did he fulfill the Law and Prophets or not? What is the Law still in place for who? Would this not be the Law breakers (unbelievers)? So yes the Law is good, Holy, righteous and perfect.
Now if the Law is filled in you, then is there a need to follow it, if it is filled in you?
See What the law leads to our need for the Law maker, Christ Jesus, and then the Law of God's love is filled in us and we do not make void the Law rather uphold it as perfect and good, trusting God to do in us what we could not do as flesh and blood, and that is love all as God does.
Take on my yoke and burden, Christ said this it is light and easy, this comes by Faith in the finished work of Christ at the cross of, includes the resurrection. Which is what brings new life to the believer, if the believer is willing to be dead to self, nad learn form God internally that is.
 
are you trying to say the bible is wrong by using that statement?

It is in need of proper translation, For me I uphold the Law as in finding out my need for God's amazing salvation through Son at the cross where by Christ I am made holy
Colossians 1:22 in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

I saw once I knew my flesh was weak and could not be perfect in and of itself, the perfect law showed me this need and I praise God for this, thus uphold it as it is Perfect. Thanking God for God's perfection, redemption, forgiveness of all sin, so I can be made anew, born again by the resurrected Christ, Justified in the Spirit of God by God a free gift from God, through the finished work of Son, Jesus Christ, first the death our death to flesh. And then raised up anew in the resurrection, Born again alive in the Spirit of God.
Where today is the only way one can serve God
John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

I do not see any flesh in charge do any of you?
 
if the truth is reveal to us that sinning leads to death and God places his commands in our mind and heart why would anyone who is born again continue to sin? it is almost impossible, that is why we must be born again to have that new nature that does the things of GOD if you are born again you are no longer conformed in this world

in the Spirit of God there is no transgression. So this is what God is trying to teach each of us that Believe God. Don't you think
John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
 
And since Scripture gives a clear definition of sin:

1 yahchanan 3:4, "Whoever commits sin, transgresses also the Law; for sin is the transgression of the Law."

How can one continue to break the Law, which is SIN and be walking in the Spirit? They can not, for that would be trampling the Son of Yahweh underfoot:

Hebrews 10:26-30, "For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. Those who rejected the Law given through Mosheh died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished, who has trampled the Son of Yahweh underfoot, and has counted the blood of the covenant (with which He was sanctified) an unholy thing, and who has insulted the Spirit of mercy? For we know Him Who has said: Vengeance is Mine; I will repay, says Yahweh. And again: Yahweh will judge His people."

Yeremyah 7:9-11, "Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, vow falsely, burn incense to Baal; Lord, follow hinder gods
you know nothing of, And then come and stand before Me in this House upon which My Name is called, and say; We are saved! Saved to do all these abominations? Has this House, which is called with My Name, become a den of thieves in
your eyes? Behold, I, even I, have seen this! says Yahweh."

So tell me, who is doing this of those that believe God?
 
It means that I have been changed, I no longer seek the things of this world, I have been freed from the disire and the control of sin.

It doesnt mean I continuse in sin and call it not sin.

Most eople I know claim saved and in Christ Jesus and walking in Spirit and yet they do the same things the Scriptures say not to. I met a man for a business meeting and we talked about his bible study he runs and then befor the day was over he was doing things he said eariler were wrong and he doesnt do. Im not judging but as brothers it is our duty to rebuke eachother and hold eachother accountable as to not let eachother fall into the pit. If I sat and say nothing I will allow my brother to error.

Wha Shaul in walking in the Spirit when he wrote this? (I sure hope so or we are in trouble)

1 Corinthians 9:24-27, "Do you not know that those who run in a race all compete, but only one receives the prize? So run your race that you may lay hold of the prize, and make it yours. And everyone who competes conducts himself temperately in all things. Now they compete to obtain a perishable crown; but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore, I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man who beats the air. No, I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified."

And all what you said here is only done through the leading of God the Father through the same Holy Ghost that led Christ.
Taking on the yoke and burden of Christ, for it is light and easy, listening to what Father wants and doing it by Faith in his Love.
 
And nowhere did Jesus say stop following the Law. Both faith, love and actual obedience to the Law go hand in hand, or at least they should. They do for me anyways.

Rather he said he came to fulfill the Law and Prophets, not to destroy, but to fulfill. So when he went to the cross and yelled out it is finished, did he do what he came to do? Is it Finished or what is finished? The fulfillment of Law and prophecy or not.
He yelled out it is finished and gave up the ghost.
Luke 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
John 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.
Hebrews 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
Hebrews 9:16
For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
Hebrews 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

[h=3]Hebrews 7:11-12[/h]Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

[SUP]11 [/SUP]If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? [SUP]12 [/SUP]For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
 
I dont know what Paul you have been reading, because that statement is the exact oppisite of the truth:
Trying to follow Law for sole jutification to Salvation is in contradicition.

Romans 3:31, "Are we then doing away with the Law through the faith? By no means! Rather, we establish the Law!"

Is there a difference between the letter of and the Spirit there of?
Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
 
The Paul I read says:

  • law is only meant for disobedient and lawless people, not righteous ones
  • only disobedient people are under the law of Moses
  • believers in Christ are dead to the law of Moses
  • those who seek to be justified by law in any way are cursed
  • the law of GOD is love which is shed abroad in our hearts through faith

Many that are under the Law are on their way to seeing this, those that are really trying anyway, for God has accepted them and will bring them all the way to home by Son. I once was under law, the letter and was cursed and saw this need to not be, and God showed me truth to trust God's finished work of the cross through his only begotten Son, to walk as Christ walked in the Spirit of God. 100% dependent on God as Christ showed us all through the Spirit of God