Christian holidays vs Biblical holidays

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
and by the way studyman, i'm sure you do not know this, so I will help you out- in John's opening discourse about the Word, he states that "the Word was God". the literal translation of this is " the Word was face to face with God".

so, just another fact to prove the truth of trinity against your and anyone else's lie of oneness.
Since you have a nasty habit of twisting scriptures to support your religious tradition I think it would be prudent to post the Scriptures you refer to and take a look for our self.

John 1:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

So once again, the scriptures bring your religious tradition into question. But let's not just take this one scripture so as to avoid a deceiver who might accuse me of cherry picking.

Col. 1:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

There is only one God G9. He is ONE. So you may believe He is a lie, but not me. You may believe He and Jesus are not the same, but not me.

We simply have a fundamental disagreement in the word of God VS. the religious traditions of man. That's OK though because this exercise really helps solidify His Word in my mind and also glorifies Him when His prophesies about religious man come to pass.

It's a miracle really.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Since you have a nasty habit of twisting scriptures to support your religious tradition I think it would be prudent to post the Scriptures you refer to and take a look for our self.

John 1:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

So once again, the scriptures bring your religious tradition into question. But let's not just take this one scripture so as to avoid a deceiver who might accuse me of cherry picking.

Col. 1:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

There is only one God G9. He is ONE. So you may believe He is a lie, but not me. You may believe He and Jesus are not the same, but not me.

We simply have a fundamental disagreement in the word of God VS. the religious traditions of man. That's OK though because this exercise really helps solidify His Word in my mind and also glorifies Him when His prophesies about religious man come to pass.

It's a miracle really.
yes, their is one God.

but, to accept your " religion ", I would have to throw out the Mount of Transfiguration , where God the Father came down in the presence of Moses ( the Law ) and Elijah ( the Prophets ), and said of the Son " hear HIM ". not hear ME through Him. God the Father said hear HIM, thus elevating Christ's words, such as the Sermon on the Mount superior to the O.T.

I would have to believe that Jesus said " I will pray to Me and send Me back.....

I would have to ignore that while Jesus said " I and the Father are one ", in the same discourse , he said " the Father is greater than I "

so, I could go on and on about Trinity truth, that destroys the oneness lies, but you do not care. you are here to peddle your " religion ", hoping that those who do not Scripture that well can be converted.
I do not wish, nor get any pleasure at all from standing against your Scripture twisting and word definition ignoring and refusing to use context, but I have to.

your are of the Judeaizers that Paul warned about. I wish you would come to Christ for salvation, and not the law. hope one day you will.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
If I don't kill, and don't steal, but show partiality to others and become a respecter of persons, using my judgments and not God's, am I not also just as guilty as if I had stolen from them?
so you're saying you wrote this post to tell me that you agree with me, that the scripture proves Beta is wrong about James 2?

why did you say you agreed with her message, then?

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
It is very easy to point fingers at others and blame the ills of the church on those who don't believe/practice as "we" do. However, that has no basis in objective fact until and unless you undertake some extensive research. The fundamental problem with finger pointing is that anyone can do it, and without objective evidence, none of them are wrong! So I could just as easily point at Sabbath-keepers for polluting the gospel with law and undermining the Church by their error. Do you see my point?

The world is the way it is because men (and women) love their sin. The church is the way it is for the same reason. However, once we stop defining the ekklesia by who attends a denominational church, we might realize that the true Church is still functional. There will be unsaved, mislead, mentally ill, hurting, and demonized people until the Lord's return. Our job is to preach the gospel and live it.
But Dino, I have done a lot of research and it is being cast aside, even called finger pointing. And you are saying that the law that is a part of the gospel is a pollutant instead of a major part of God's word.

A fundamental teaching of the Lord has to do with finger pointing. If I look at an individual and tell them I judge them I am in sin and taking on the work that is only for the Lord to do. If I repeat any of the ten commandments, even to say I see an example of them kept or broken, I am discerning what is sin and what is not. We have to be able to recognize sin in order to keep ourselves and our church free through Christ.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
But Dino, I have done a lot of research and it is being cast aside, even called finger pointing. And you are saying that the law that is a part of the gospel is a pollutant instead of a major part of God's word.

A fundamental teaching of the Lord has to do with finger pointing. If I look at an individual and tell them I judge them I am in sin and taking on the work that is only for the Lord to do. If I repeat any of the ten commandments, even to say I see an example of them kept or broken, I am discerning what is sin and what is not. We have to be able to recognize sin in order to keep ourselves and our church free through Christ.
Research is great, as long as it is done with the right foundations and assumptions.

Those who are set free from the Law by the blood of Christ have no remaining debt to the Law. The Holy Spirit in us warns us when we draw near to transgression, and convicts us when we step over into it. We no longer need to follow the letter of the Law, for it is one entity, not a buffet from which we can pick and choose. As Paul said, those who are circumcised are under obligation to keep the whole Law. It's an all-or-nothing deal. The whole Law, or Christ. I've chosen Christ.

I think it's time I step out of this discussion; I see no further value in repeating myself.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Research is great, as long as it is done with the right foundations and assumptions.

Those who are set free from the Law by the blood of Christ have no remaining debt to the Law. The Holy Spirit in us warns us when we draw near to transgression, and convicts us when we step over into it. We no longer need to follow the letter of the Law, for it is one entity, not a buffet from which we can pick and choose. As Paul said, those who are circumcised are under obligation to keep the whole Law. It's an all-or-nothing deal. The whole Law, or Christ. I've chosen Christ.

I think it's time I step out of this discussion; I see no further value in repeating myself.
We are not 'free from the law', the law is just as real as the color red is real. We no longer face death from the law because we can go to Christ with our repentance and receive forgiveness.

The law is our guidepost, it leads us to a life of abundance. Read the 119th psalm, it explains the law.
The letter of the law is the rituals that led the Israelites to the law. They could be performed by someone who did not use them to lead them to the law.

The person under obligation to the law is the person who tries to use it without Christ who they could go to for forgiveness.

Those who know Christ in their life have an added obligation to know the law (both the one the Holy Spirit tells us of and the written one that is the same) because to show our love for Christ is to follow Him and the law. In fact, in the commentary on the law given in the Sermon on the Mt. it is more than keeping them physically but keeping them with our thoughts as well.

beta

Aug 8, 2016
so you're saying you wrote this post to tell me that you agree with me, that the scripture proves Beta is wrong about James 2?

why did you say you agreed with her message, then?
AHH PostH.....but you are missing the finer points of SM saying ' not using your own judgement but GOD's ' and this is where you slip up. James 2v11 definitely refers only to the 10 Commandments and not any other - a distinction GOD made, NOT I. You refuse to accept that...so be it. I am not going to argue with you ph....it has already been established that we are all on different levels of learning and understanding....so be patient !

beta

Aug 8, 2016

John 1:

Col. 1:

It's a miracle really.
Agreed ! The first of all the Commandment is, 'Hear O' Israel, the Lord our God is one Lord'. Scripture is clear there is only ONE God ! Mk 12v29.
But some can not perceive this because they REJECT HIS Word in favour of man's tradition coming from RCC into christianity. They introduced trinity.
Christians who follow their teaching will never understand the Bible and it is futile to argue/reason with them.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
We are not 'free from the law'

For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death. But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the Law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.
(Romans 7:5-6)
believe it or don't.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death. But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the Law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.
(Romans 7:5-6)
believe it or don't.
Once again, if this were your whole Bible, if God never spoke another Word, then you could make the claim that Jesus released His people from all of God's Instructions He created for the good of man. But this isn't the only verse. There are others which, when considered, more perfectly describes what Jesus freed us from.

He didn't come to save us or free us from His Fathers Instructions as you imply. He came to save us from the part of the Law that says "You sin, you die". Once freed for the death our actions caused, we are free to "Serve" again.

I don't believe He intended for you to serve yourself, your own religious traditions, your own "Jesus". I believe He wants us to serve Him. The Word which became Flesh.

This is why Jesus said man should live by EVERY WORD of God and not just those verses you can single out to justify your religious lifestyle.

Rom. 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

You either believe or you don't.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Romans 3:20
Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God's sight by the works of the Law; rather, through the Law we become conscious of our sin.

beta

Aug 8, 2016
that is Deuteronomy 6, not the 10 commandments.
If you were to read a few more verses around Mk 12v29 you would see that JESUS tied it in with 'loving God and neighbour/ Commandments....very much NT.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
If you were to read a few more verses around Mk 12v29 you would see that JESUS tied it in with 'loving God and neighbour/ Commandments....very much NT.
found in Leviticus 19, not the 10 commandments.

neither the greatest nor the next commandment is in the 10 commandments.

why does He call the commandment He gives "
new" in John 13:34?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Rom. 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Know that a person is not justified by the works of the Law,
but by faith in Jesus Christ
(Galatians 2:16)

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
Romans 3:20
Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God's sight by the works of the Law; rather, through the Law we become conscious of our sin.
Rom. 3:
27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? (Priesthood "Deeds of the Law" for atonement of sins) Nay: but by the law of faith.

28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by (Law of) faith without the deeds of the law (of works). Just like Paul said in Roman's 2. 13 (For not the hearers of the law (of faith) are just before God, but the doers of the law (of faith) shall be justified.

The Pharisees also refuse to accept the difference, same as you do.

Matt. 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

You can see how ignoring the difference Paul points out corrupts the rest of His teaching. That is why we consider ALL the Word's of The Bile, instead of just to word's which can be used to "justify" our own religious traditions.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
Know that a person is not justified by the works of the Law,
but by faith in Jesus Christ
(Galatians 2:16)
Your private interpretation of one scripture doesn't erase the rest of God's Word. Using one verse to beat up or discredit another is common in religious circles, but doesn't lead to correct "doctrine, reproof, or instruction in righteousness, in my view.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Your private interpretation of one scripture doesn't erase the rest of God's Word. Using one verse to beat up or discredit another is common in religious circles, but doesn't lead to correct "doctrine, reproof, or instruction in righteousness, in my view.

you are condemning yourself with your own words.

you're the one who takes a verse out of Romans 2 as though the rest of the epistle doesn't exist.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by (Law of) faith without the deeds of the law (of works).
i would strongly advise you to stop sticking your own words into scripture as though they belong there, to drop your perverted agenda, and let the text say what the text says.

you will never understand until you find Jesus Christ in this.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Please remedy your use of the quoting system, and I will respond at length.

He said therefore to the multitudes who went out to be baptized by him, "You offspring of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8. Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and don't begin to say among yourselves, 'We have Abraham for our father;' for I tell you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones! 9. Even now the axe also lies at the root of the trees. Every tree therefore that doesn't bring forth good fruit is cut down, and thrown into the fire." 10. The multitudes asked him, "What then must we do?" 11. He answered them, "He who has two coats, let him give to him who has none. He who has food, let him do likewise." 12. Tax collectors also came to be baptized, and they said to him, "Teacher, what must we do?" 13. He said to them, "Collect no more than that which is appointed to you." 14. Soldiers also asked him, saying, "What about us? What must we do?" He said to them, "Extort from no one by violence, neither accuse anyone wrongfully. Be content with your wages.