Christians: What is the most egregious sin going on in the USA of late?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021
I will reserve my own opinions for now... I have to collect my thoughts anyway, which aint always easy considering all the insanity

I have been following conservative news (that doesn't sound so good so I will say Real not fake news) for a long time, so that is going to color my response...

Maybe I won't be good at.. u know... while collecting said thoughts.. won't be good @ seeing the forest for all the trees...o_O

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I will probably respond when you chose to participate in your own thread that you started.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
There is so much corruption everywhere you look, it is difficult at best to say what is worse...

Yet many believe abortion to be the most egregious, given the numbers.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
There is so much corruption everywhere you look, it is difficult at best to say what is worse...

I fully concur with your assertion. Abortion is always the leading cause of death worldwide.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I will reserve my own opinions for now... I have to collect my thoughts anyway, which aint always easy considering all the insanity

I have been following conservative news (that doesn't sound so good so I will say Real not fake news) for a long time, so that is going to color my response...

Maybe I won't be good at.. u know... while collecting said thoughts.. won't be good @ seeing the forest for all the trees...o_O
What difference does it make?

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021

Judgement begins with the house of God. If you want to know why the Western world is such a mess, you need to consider the responsibility that the Church has. (By "church I mean all who are born again"). Lord Jesus gave His power and His authority to the church. The question is, what have we done, or failed to do, with that authority and power? I'll be 70 in a few weeks. I was born again just before my 21st birthday. I've seen a great deal in that time. Mostly, it's been spiritual decay, at least in the Western world. Now we are paying the price. How long will it be before preaching the gospel is illegal? There are laws now in Australia that can land you in prison for preaching against certain evils. There is no free speech. The "mark of the beast" to me is political correctness. Governments blatantly lie in order to justify laws that are used to suppress people's rights. 2 Chronicles 7:14 is still applicable.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016

Pride. The same pride that led Satan into rebellion. Selfishness is a product of pride and we see a country who holds self in the place of God. Why get an abortion? So self can continue to have sex without consequences. Why are homicides increasing? So self can steal, fit in within their gang, or enact on a perceived injustice. Why the push on lgbt issues? So self can have sexual freedom. Why the corruption in politics? So self can be filled with the venom of power. Why the misconduct in spending? So self can line their pockets with others money.

What fixes pride? Jesus.

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021

Yes, I had actually momentarily forgotten about abortion.. I guess bc I w as so focused on the election steal... which still blows me away. I mean, u expect things like that to happen in 3rd world countries... but then, Whoever said that the USA would never, ever become that? Maybe Trump said something like that, one of the only things I tended to disagree w/ him on... and yet maybe he's right bc there ARE A lot of good people fighting The Great Lie of Nov 3, 2020

anyway, abortion could inarguably (but some will argue) be said to be what brought us to this place.. Because once a society condones the murder of innocent children...

yeh, isn't that one of those NufSaid things?

anyway, yeh, thanks for the reminder. like I said, I have a lot on my mind lately.. probably too much.. meaning that I often lose sight of.. the fact that there are times in life when ONLY GOD can do anything...

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021
Pride. The same pride that led Satan into rebellion. Selfishness is a product of pride and we see a country who holds self in the place of God. Why get an abortion? So self can continue to have sex without consequences. Why are homicides increasing? So self can steal, fit in within their gang, or enact on a perceived injustice. Why the push on lgbt issues? So self can have sexual freedom. Why the corruption in politics? So self can be filled with the venom of power. Why the misconduct in spending? So self can line their pockets with others money.

What fixes pride? Jesus.
I agree... except that you kind of conflate pride and selfishness. They are obviously well-related but... sigh...

never mind.. We are all such fallen creatures, sometimes we end up quibbling over words... Sorry

which reminds me, actually, of something people don't always think about when dealing with liberals (not that you can really "deal with" them...)

but yeh... they were always attacking Trump over his WORDS... tweets

that's bc they knew they couldn't attack him on his ACTIONS which for the most part were darn near perfect... standing up to China and the unfair trade practices, lowering unemployment for minorities and I could go on all day..

they also were incessantly bringing up his "immoral past" which... ha ha... that's really hilarious considering they have NO morals at all. At least Trump seemed to have given up his immoral ways..

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021
Judgement begins with the house of God. If you want to know why the Western world is such a mess, you need to consider the responsibility that the Church has. (By "church I mean all who are born again"). Lord Jesus gave His power and His authority to the church. The question is, what have we done, or failed to do, with that authority and power? I'll be 70 in a few weeks. I was born again just before my 21st birthday. I've seen a great deal in that time. Mostly, it's been spiritual decay, at least in the Western world. Now we are paying the price. How long will it be before preaching the gospel is illegal? There are laws now in Australia that can land you in prison for preaching against certain evils. There is no free speech. The "mark of the beast" to me is political correctness. Governments blatantly lie in order to justify laws that are used to suppress people's rights. 2 Chronicles 7:14 is still applicable.
I'm glad u have kept the faith that long.. it is not always easy, as I'm sure u know.

I never thought of lack of free speech as the mark of the beast but.. if u take that away from someone, u take away virtually his/her whole life... mental life... emotional life..

so I guess from now on we will have physical life only... and some day...

physical- life- only

sounds like zombie world...

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019
Disobedience by those who claim Jesus as their Lord: “Why do you call me 'Lord, Lord', and do not do what I tell you?” (Luke 6:46).

This quote by Brennan Manning drives home the point: “The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians: who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, walk out the door, and deny him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.”

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I agree... except that you kind of conflate pride and selfishness. They are obviously well-related but... sigh...

never mind.. We are all such fallen creatures, sometimes we end up quibbling over words... Sorry

which reminds me, actually, of something people don't always think about when dealing with liberals (not that you can really "deal with" them...)

but yeh... they were always attacking Trump over his WORDS... tweets

that's bc they knew they couldn't attack him on his ACTIONS which for the most part were darn near perfect... standing up to China and the unfair trade practices, lowering unemployment for minorities and I could go on all day..

they also were incessantly bringing up his "immoral past" which... ha ha... that's really hilarious considering they have NO morals at all. At least Trump seemed to have given up his immoral ways..
I also believe many classic liberals are not depraved of mind but unfortunately lost in propaganda and lies. They are slowly seeing how bad this is. I believe the Las Vegas mayor just switched from Democrat to Republican.

ankagirl

Feb 10, 2021

Pedophilia, human trafficking, and sodomy are huge problems everywhere in this day and age. I think that those have got to be at the top. Abortion would be up there, too. It’s terrible to see where our nation has gotten to. Thankfully, God is in control and he won’t let it go on forever!!! Can’t wait for Him to come again!

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Regarding the question in the Title of the OP:

the denial of the Lord God

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The most egregious sin in the US these days?

The rejection of Jesus Christ as Lord.

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021
I also believe many classic liberals are not depraved of mind but unfortunately lost in propaganda and lies. They are slowly seeing how bad this is. I believe the Las Vegas mayor just switched from Democrat to Republican.
oh, thanks for the good news

here's more good news, although i haven't verified it to my satisfaction: 20% of Democrats have ditched their party, probably bc of the election fraud.

I would guess it is more than that. Ordinary dems are... well, i will just s ay they are usually not much like the elites dems in DC

not hardly... but then Who is like them?

the dude down below w/ the pitchfork...?

JesusWhereRU

Apr 16, 2021
The most egregious sin in the US these days?

The rejection of Jesus Christ as Lord.
This is the most concise answer

all things stem from that.

This is where unfettered "freedom" leads society. As stated elsewhere, freedom has become a god even to some "christians"

Even if someone is not a professing or practicing Christian... Truth... objective truth should come before freedom so called..

maybe u have heard this saying

your freedom to swing your fist ends at my face..

your freedom to do whatever you want stops when /where it deprives others (the unborn) of their right to live

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Christians: What is the most egregious sin going on in the USA of late?
The answer is rather complex, since it is not one sin but a complex of sins that has brought the USA into its destruction from within. But probably the massive attack on Christian and conservative values by Marxists, Atheists, and sexual perverts (LGBTQ). The universities (and colleges) were taken captive by the enemies of America a long time ago, and they have corrupted succeeding generations, so that now there is utter lawlessness in every city, and particularly in the seat of the federal government.

What it boils down to is HATRED. Hatred for all that is godly, good, pure, and beneficial. Hatred for God, Christ, the Bible, the Gospel, the Ten Commandments, Christians, and all that flows from them. As well has hatred for the white society which forms the core of America. Even in Christendom, there is hatred for the true Gospel, true Bible doctrine, and the true Word of God -- the King James Bible.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
This is the most concise answer

all things stem from that.

This is where unfettered "freedom" leads society. As stated elsewhere, freedom has become a god even to some "christians"

Even if someone is not a professing or practicing Christian... Truth... objective truth should come before freedom so called..

maybe u have heard this saying

your freedom to swing your fist ends at my face..

your freedom to do whatever you want stops when /where it deprives others (the unborn) of their right to live
Our freedoms do, and should, have limits, but we don't all agree on what those limits are, or should be.