Christ's Teaching

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
When I post here, it is in the spirit of sharing the Word as taught by Jesus Christ. I may not always convey what I understand perfectly, but then the great Teacher is Jesus Christ not I. Even if my rendition may not be perfect the Hoy Spirit will fill in and correct where it is so for the believing reader or hearer.......I believe this.

When posting each day, I ask God to guide my words, and to actually be in them vrom Jesus. I believe He is for any who already believe and are guided by the Holy Spirit.

If at times what I pass on seems offensive, keep in mind my Teacher was taken also as being offensive to the hypocrites.

So with this wordy introduction, I wish to convey from Jesus Christ once more, "Faith without works is no faith at all."

Either you understand this teaching vial Paul from our Lord or you are in darkness related to gratitude.

God bless all in Jesus Christ and who hear Him! God bless all who are not yet there, in Jesus christ's fame, amen.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
So with this wordy introduction, I wish to convey from Jesus Christ once more, "Faith without works is no faith at all."'
Correct. Any Christian who understands Gospel truth would know that this is exactly what the New Testament teaches.

King James Bible
This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

The connection between faith and good works is very clear in this verse (Titus 3:8)

Last edited:

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
John/Yahanan 14:6, "Yahshua proclaimed to him: I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man comes to the Father, except through Me."

Mat 24:35, “Heaven and earth may pass away, but My teachings will not pass away.”

John/Yahanan 10:27-30, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they will never perish; neither will any man snatch them out of My hand. My Father, Who gave them to Me, is greater than all; and no man is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand: I and My Father are in accord."

John/Yahanan 5:46-47, "For had you believed Mosheh, you would have believed Me, for he wrote about Me*. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"

*Mosheh wrote:

Deuteronomy 18:18-19, "I (YHWH) will raise up for them a Prophet (Yahshua/Jesus) like you from among their brothers, and I will put My words in His mouth, and He will tell them everything I command Him. Whoever will not listen to My words, which He speaks in My Name, I will judge him for it"

"listen" is word #8085 - שָׁמַעshama` {shaw-mah'}

Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)
A primitive root; to hear intelligently (often with implication of attention, obedience, etc.; causatively to tell, etc.)

Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar) - 1) to hear, listen to, obey

John/Yahanan 12:48, "He who rejects Me, and does not follow My words has One Who judges him. The word that I have spoken, the same will be used to judge him in the last day."

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
There are so many Believers that articulate beautifully... GOD be praised.. I know I’m as rugged as they come but all I ever try to relay is what I have from my Lord and Saviour inwardly.. my typing even as a stutter.. hehe but I love to learn and grow together in Christ here at CC.. and know that I can take it all away and Love from within is demonstrated in each day we abide GOD Graciously giving us increase through our Faith unwavered in His Perfect Son.

Last edited:

FrankLee

Jun 30, 2016
Faith is a spiritual muscle that must be exercised or it will atrophy and shrivel away. God the Father gives us ample opportunity to use the faith He has given us. As a young Christian many years ago He began to put me through my laps as He was showing me how to believe and strengthen the measure of faith I'd been given.

A group of employees at the company I worked for were going on a field trip to a supplier/manufacturer in Louisiana. We were flying on the company plane to Baton Rouge where were to take the tour of the mechanical components mfg facility. It would be good to get out of the office. The only problem, fear I had was because I was broke. When we lifted off from Hot springs I had a grand total of about 35 cents in my pocket. I was praying.

We got there, took the tour and then all went to a local buffet restaurant for lunch. We were all going through the buffet line getting food and I just put everything I thought looked good on my tray. I was still praying believe me.

The line moved steadily to the cashier. When there was one person between me and embarrassment a man stepped up and told the cashier "I'll take care of all these". Was I relieved? You know it. But the Lord honored my faith and did not want me to be shamed. That was about 40 years ago but I've never forgotten it. Another thing I remember from that trip is that I had been praying for God to improve my memory. Especially for names. I met about twenty people that day and when I got back home I recited them all to my wife.

God helps us in the every day things. Thank God we don't always stand in need of faith for a great miracle. If so then we are in the throes of a great affliction of some kind. We have stood in desperate need of great faith before and He has provided it. There is no want to them that fear Him.

To our heavenly Father it is a light thing. Whatever our need He has.

Last edited:

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Do you think I believe you? I think I do, and I know I should.

Once when I was camping in the Rockies, there to read the Word and to share it with any who would hear some other foks came by my campsite away from the public caming. We got to talking, mainly I was talking and praising jESUS IN THEIR EARS. wE HAD SUCH A GOOD TTme, and I invited them to come and eat at my campsite.....though I knew I had nothing to ovffer them.

Betwen then and supper I went to the fawcet in the public campsite to get waqter when a lovely youn g woman came to me and asked me if I could use the leftovers from the school outing, otherwise she would have to throw it away, and that just did not set right with her. Of course I said, and there was pleanty for all who came to supper...........Praise Jesus, amen.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
I work my faith by:

Speaking faith instead of fear or doubt.
Making decisions based on faith and not fear.
Seeing God's work in everything.
Knowing that I will never lose what is valuable or necessary to me.

When speaking of something negative such as "I lost my job", I add "BUT I know that God will provide.

Working my faith mostly comes from my mouth. And many times it IS work not to speak from faith alone.

E

eternally-gratefull

TRUE repentance leads to TRUE faith which leads to TRUE salvation, which leads to TRUE works (not perfect)

A child of God will show works, they will be obedient, John even says in his epistles they will not live in sin, that anyone who does live in sin has never seen or known God. So the thoughts that a true born again believer of Christ will not work is not found in scripture.

It is one things to say faith without works is dead (we all agree on this) it is another thing on how people apply this passage to the gospel of christ.

Many use it to say a person who claims to have faith, yet have never done a works, are hearers of the word only, and show no signs of being born of the spirit are probably not saved. In this, we would agree

However, sadly, many use it to show one can lose salvation, how they can at the moment of new birth are saved, and can go for many years and do great works, but if these works stop. They lost salvation. Thus they us this passage to prove salvation can be lost.

I will not judge the op on what he believes. I will let him decide. However, the op must realise, the difference in what people believe is not the words themselves. They all believe what jesus said through James, Faith without works is dead. Where the opposition comes is the application of the passage, what does it mean.

I pray, as I always do. We can peacefully discuss this without assuming things, and turn to slander again.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
This sounds like good works provided by God to me....... Many folks believe good works are things we dream up to do ourselves, but you seem to understand well that it comes from God only....keep up the good works.

I work my faith by:

Speaking faith instead of fear or doubt.
Making decisions based on faith and not fear.
Seeing God's work in everything.
Knowing that I will never lose what is valuable or necessary to me.

When speaking of something negative such as "I lost my job", I add "BUT I know that God will provide.

Working my faith mostly comes from my mouth. And many times it IS work not to speak from faith alone.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Your critique of my understanding is always pretty much the same, stunning.

TRUE repentance leads to TRUE faith which leads to TRUE salvation, which leads to TRUE works (not perfect)

A child of God will show works, they will be obedient, John even says in his epistles they will not live in sin, that anyone who does live in sin has never seen or known God. So the thoughts that a true born again believer of Christ will not work is not found in scripture.

It is one things to say faith without works is dead (we all agree on this) it is another thing on how people apply this passage to the gospel of christ.

Many use it to say a person who claims to have faith, yet have never done a works, are hearers of the word only, and show no signs of being born of the spirit are probably not saved. In this, we would agree

However, sadly, many use it to show one can lose salvation, how they can at the moment of new birth are saved, and can go for many years and do great works, but if these works stop. They lost salvation. Thus they us this passage to prove salvation can be lost.

I will not judge the op on what he believes. I will let him decide. However, the op must realise, the difference in what people believe is not the words themselves. They all believe what jesus said through James, Faith without works is dead. Where the opposition comes is the application of the passage, what does it mean.

I pray, as I always do. We can peacefully discuss this without assuming things, and turn to slander again.

E

eternally-gratefull

Your critique of my understanding is always pretty much the same, stunning.
your re4fusal to read anything I wrote is amazing. Then your response to my post is even more amazing, when you obvious have not read a word I wrote.

I will not judge the op on what he believes. I will let him decide.

My response was not even direct4ed to you, I just made a statement about what I thought.

so once again, You hurt your own testimony by not reading or understand what someone said. How you are not convicted of this is just amazing.

But hey, if you want top keep proving you do not read. I will keep showing you how you do not comprehend a wo4rd I say

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
What are you doing here when you already know you hate me and all who are of the faith as know and gien to us?

You are not here to share the love of Jesus chrsit nor to share His teachign......your very aproach here witensses that you are here as a false brother to me.

You continue on a personal level and of the flesh and nothing have you that is of the Holy Spirit from our Savior, Jesus christ..

your re4fusal to read anything I wrote is amazing. Then your response to my post is even more amazing, when you obvious have not read a word I wrote.

My response was not even direct4ed to you, I just made a statement about what I thought.

so once again, You hurt your own testimony by not reading or understand what someone said. How you are not convicted of this is just amazing.

But hey, if you want top keep proving you do not read. I will keep showing you how you do not comprehend a wo4rd I say

E

eternally-gratefull

What are you doing here when you already know you hate me and all who are of the faith as know and gien to us?
Those are your words bud not mine, I have no one, I do hate actions, But I hate no one.

Is that why you refuse to listen to anything I say because you THINK I hate you? Tha seems like a weak excuse for bearing false witness. Maybe you need to God to god for that?

You are not here to share the love of Jesus chrsit nor to share His teachign......your very aproach here witensses that you are here as a false brother to me.

You continue on a personal level and of the flesh and nothing have you that is of the Holy Spirit from our Savior, Jesus christ..
and you have just been placed on report for slander. For the umpteenth time.

You are not the judge my friend,

All I have ever asked is for you to be honest and stop telling people things which are not true about things I say.

I just did it again, it is there for all to see. I even showed you in my post where I had no ill will for the op nor would I judge what y9ou believe, you still refuse to repent.

Its on you JJ.. You hate against me has you not seeing what is really there.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
You are yet on a personal level. Your discussion amounts to nothing more than some kind of inquisitorial vendetta.

If you are here to discuss the topic only in peace and love, I could accept this but you have now followed me fro you post to another post and finally to mine and the others I have departed and unsubscribed for the sake of peace. I wnt peace...you do not. You want confrontation.

Now the title of the ope is Christ's teaching. Can you share you understanding of this or are you here only to attack mine?

Those are your words bud not mine, I have no one, I do hate actions, But I hate no one.

Is that why you refuse to listen to anything I say because you THINK I hate you? Tha seems like a weak excuse for bearing false witness. Maybe you need to God to god for that?

and you have just been placed on report for slander. For the umpteenth time.

You are not the judge my friend,

All I have ever asked is for you to be honest and stop telling people things which are not true about things I say.

I just did it again, it is there for all to see. I even showed you in my post where I had no ill will for the op nor would I judge what y9ou believe, you still refuse to repent.

Its on you JJ.. You hate against me has you not seeing what is really there.

E

eternally-gratefull

You are yet on a personal level. Your discussion amounts to nothing more than some kind of inquisitorial vendetta.

If you are here to discuss the topic only in peace and love, I could accept this but you have now followed me fro you post to another post and finally to mine and the others I have departed and unsubscribed for the sake of peace. I wnt peace...you do not. You want confrontation.

Now the title of the ope is Christ's teaching. Can you share you understanding of this or are you here only to attack mine?

1. I have already reported you
2. You made an op about christs teaching, I responded to words, not to you. And my responses were to everyone for everyone to discuss. But like you did in my OP about paul speaking against false application of the law. You assume way to much. And nothing in my post said anything against you, or should have offended you, I gave my view.

You my friend are the one with a vendettas.

Youy can’t hear a word I say, because of your hate for me.

Keep it up. I will report it to the top

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
All I can say is this has been your goal all along. God bless you...

1. I have already reported you
2. You made an op about christs teaching, I responded to words, not to you. And my responses were to everyone for everyone to discuss. But like you did in my OP about paul speaking against false application of the law. You assume way to much. And nothing in my post said anything against you, or should have offended you, I gave my view.

You my friend are the one with a vendettas.

Youy can’t hear a word I say, because of your hate for me.

Keep it up. I will report it to the top

E

eternally-gratefull

By the way, Before you can even attempt to judge ones motive, it helps to know what they said to begin with, Since you continually show you have no idea what I have said in any post I make. You have no justification to try to judge my motive, because you can not even judge what I said.

E

eternally-gratefull

All I can say is this has been your goal all along. God bless you...
Nope My goal has always been th4e same, To get you to show where I have said or done what you claim I have done. Yet every time I try to get you to do this you refuse.

This could have been settled months ago, all you had to do was prove where I say the things you say, Or repent, and stop slandering me.

This is on you..

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
When a person has been burned, he does not stick his hand back into the fire, that would be just plain foolish.

Now report me for not liking your following me around from your thread.....then get your cohorts to do the same.

Yes it would hurt me to not be able to post in CC, but that is the way it is for followers of Jesus chriist sometimes.

E

eternally-gratefull

When a person has been burned, he does not stick his hand back into the fire, that would be just plain foolish.

Now report me for not liking your following me around from your thread.....then get your cohorts to do the same.

Yes it would hurt me to not be able to post in CC, but that is the way it is for followers of Jesus chriist sometimes.

1. I reported you for slander
2. I report4ed you because you attacked me by judging my motive, and claiming I did something I am not doing (judging my motive) which was wrong
3. i reported you for repeating this type of behavior every trime we try to talk to each other.

You came into my op. And attacked me with false trtuths

I came into you op. And I gave a view. Not even directed at you, and saying out loud, I do not know if you believe on way or the other.

Its your conscious effort, But if your goin got force me to explain why I do things, then thats on you.

You opened 2 threads today, in fact you have opened many threads. Most I do not even respond to. So your justification does not add up my friend.

We could have had a peaceful discussion in here, If you did not agree with my post, you could have said so. And then said why, But as usual, you did not read it. So once again, we are at a odds..

Thats on You JJ.. You have to stop thinking everyone is out to get you, we are not..

You also have to live with the results of your actions.