Church accountability.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

pottersclay

Ok let's talk about the elephant in the room. Not on the political issues but on biblical point of view.
These are very exciting times we are living in right now, a pandemic, civil unrest, violence in the streets.
Frankly I'm surprised that there are not more threads about what is happening right now.
So as I watched the two party's except their endorsements I couldn't help but notice alot of mis quoted scripture.
Also some blasphemous statements made.
What if any involvement do you think the church should have on the issues on what's being said and done?
I cannot help but think that we should be heard. That if these things go unchecked we will be held accountable.
If I were walking into a ditch I would very much appreciate some one telling me.
I've noticed that some of the so called spiritual leadership has sold out for fame and fortune .
Leading people down a crooked path to destruction.
Also with the sudden arising of these events I can't help but think of end time prophecy.
If anyone wants to respond to this post please keep it in a biblical serious perspective.
We are our brothers keepers, do we just allow some to crash and burn or do we stand at the ready to help?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Think in terms of when our Savior was here and His first followers.

How did they live politically, that is under Herod and Caesar?

Did our Lord support either?

Of course in that time voting was out of the question however there wre supporters and detractors of leaders, yet, I do not believe the followers of Jesus, Yeshua, were ever involved with them.

Were the Aposstles, Paul, the first believers? would seem al who truly trust in our Lord are free from such desire to govern in this age rather awaiting out life with Him

I have heard of voting for the lesser of evils, but is this not playing Lucifer's game, for it is voting for evil no matter how it is seen...?

Do what you will. Be concerned for the oppressed and stay away from any oppressors always.

P

pottersclay

Wow 11 views and no responses.... Nothing to say about what's going on huh???

Quotes such as ....if your looking for a savior look no further than your own mirror?

Redemption starts at rebellion.

These quotes coming from so called clergyman.

Jesus stated on the sermon on the mount :you have heard it said but I say to you:
Seems like he felt it important to clearify God's word.
You really don't think the truth should be involved?

P

pottersclay

Think in terms of when our Savior was here and His first followers.

How did they live politically, that is under Herod and Caesar?

Did our Lord support either?

Of course in that time voting was out of the question however there wre supporters and detractors of leaders, yet, I do not believe the followers of Jesus, Yeshua, were ever involved with them.

Were the Aposstles, Paul, the first believers? would seem al who truly trust in our Lord are free from such desire to govern in this age rather awaiting out life with Him

I have heard of voting for the lesser of evils, but is this not playing Lucifer's game, for it is voting for evil no matter how it is seen...?

Do what you will. Be concerned for the oppressed and stay away from any oppressors always.
Thank you for your response at least this got one.
I don't know but I think Jesus did confront the oppressors of the time with boldness.
Being concerned is a action not a thought. In fact there was civil un rest in his day and the leaders were lying to the people.
Oh we're quick to point out false teachers among our own... Is it just to not point out them in the public's eye?

Mar 28, 2016
Its one of those issues of trying to divide religion from politics rather than looking to the religion of politics. The heart of any king or president is in the hand of the lord and he guides it like a living river taking it to the four corners .

Personally which ever candidate that seems to slow down the moral decay .

Many don't seem to understand why history repeats it self because of moral issues. At the rise and fall of any nation it reveals the heart of a nation. To some we are the smell of death to other the sweet fragrance of new eternal life.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020

Quotes such as ....if your looking for a savior look no further than your own mirror?

Jesus stated on the sermon on the mount :you have heard it said but I say to you:
Just watched the (Kyle Rittenhouse) clips in the Kenosha shootings

A few more actions like that in self defense might put these Anarchist's in check?

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Its one of those issues of trying to divide religion from politics rather than looking to the religion of politics. The heart of any king or president is in the hand of the lord and he guides it like a living river taking it to the four corners .

Personally which ever candidate that seems to slow down the moral decay .

Many don't seem to understand why history repeats it self because of moral issues. At the rise and fall of any nation it reveals the heart of a nation. To some we are the smell of death to other the sweet fragrance of new eternal life.
I agree, the candidate to slow the moral decay, nobody is voting for or expecting a religious Messiah.

Democrats kill the unborn (Abortion), Republican's support right to life, pretty much the forefront of the debate.

Homosexuality, right to bear arms in the 2nd amendment follow.

P

pottersclay

I agree, the candidate to slow the moral decay, nobody is voting for or expecting a religious Messiah.

Democrats kill the unborn (Abortion), Republican's support right to life, pretty much the forefront of the debate.

Homosexuality, right to bear arms in the 2nd amendment follow.
Not all Republicans are pro life, not all Dems are pro choice. The minute we take sides it makes us out to be one of the other. We need to keep this on a biblical perspective.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Not all Republicans are pro life, not all Dems are pro choice. The minute we take sides it makes us out to be one of the other. We need to keep this on a biblical perspective.
I fully take the side of (Life), and will continue to do so (y)

Hilly Clinton is pro killing (Abortion)

Joe Biden Is pro killing (Abortion)

President Donald Trump and VP Mike Pence are pro (Life)

The biblical perspective is (Thou Shalt Not Kill) simple

Exodus 20:13KJV
13 Thou shalt not kill.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
What if any involvement do you think the church should have on the issues on what's being said and done?
1. First of all we must distinguish between the Church and Christendom. Christendom consists of all the churches of the various denominations.

2. Secondly, churches must not involve themselves directly in politics, so if they have no input that is as it should be.

3. Individual Christians have a responsibility to vote according to their conscience. No Christian can vote for the Democrats today in good conscience, since their entire agenda is Satanic.

4. If Scripture is being misquoted or misapplied by politicians, it is to be expected.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
3. Individual Christians have a responsibility to vote according to their conscience. No Christian can vote for the Democrats today in good conscience, since their entire agenda is Satanic.
I agree 100%, evil!

T

TheIndianGirl

Basically all the churches in my area are standing with BLM ("white" churches included). I live in the DC area. They have also made church affirmation statements (We stand with BLM, etc. etc., We recognize systemic racism exists and seek equality for all, etc. etc.). To be fair, I think there was pressure on the churches to do this because the other churches did so. There is sort of a groupthink mentality for churches in any particular area, so it appears that the churches in any particular area stand together. Personally, I wasn't too happy my church did it because it is getting too political. It feels like a forced membership into BLM, and I do not support all of their values.

T

TheIndianGirl

I agree. We have to get away from the notion that if you vote for one party, you support ALL of their platform. A lot of democrats are against abortion but they value other issues more like universal healthcare, etc. so they vote Democrat.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Basically all the churches in my area are standing with BLM ("white" churches included). I live in the DC area. They have also made church affirmation statements (We stand with BLM, etc. etc., We recognize systemic racism exists and seek equality for all, etc. etc.). To be fair, I think there was pressure on the churches to do this because the other churches did so. There is sort of a groupthink mentality for churches in any particular area, so it appears that the churches in any particular area stand together. Personally, I wasn't too happy my church did it because it is getting too political. It feels like a forced membership into BLM, and I do not support all of their values.
Your group is following a person (Patrisse Cullors) who is promoting (Abolishing Prisons) a homosexual LGBT activist who practices (IFA) Nigerian witchcraft in her political protest.

It appears your group endorse this (Sodom & Gomorrah)

It's my opinion you need to flee from the evil your group is participating in, find a body of believers that serve Jesus Christ, being led by the Holy Spirit (y)

Wikipedia: Patrisse Cullors (born June 20, 1983), an American artist and activist, is a co-founder of the Black Lives Matter movement. Other topics on which Cullors advocates include prison abolition in Los Angeles and LGBTQ rights. Cullors integrates ideas from critical theory, as well social movements around the world, in her activism.[1]
Patrisse Cullors

Cullors in 2015

Cullors recalls being forced from her home at sixteen when she revealed her queer identity to her parents.[6] She was involved with the Jehovah's Witnesses as a child, but later grew disillusioned with the church. She developed an interest in the Nigerian religious tradition of Ifá, incorporating its rituals into political protest events. She told an interviewer in 2015 that "seeking spirituality had a lot to do with trying to seek understanding about my conditions—how these conditions shape me in my everyday life and how I understand them as part of a larger fight, a fight for my life."[7] She later earned a degree in religion and philosophy from UCLA.[2] She also received an MFA from USC.[8]

L

lenna

Ok let's talk about the elephant in the room. Not on the political issues but on biblical point of view.
These are very exciting times we are living in right now, a pandemic, civil unrest, violence in the streets.
Frankly I'm surprised that there are not more threads about what is happening right now.
So as I watched the two party's except their endorsements I couldn't help but notice alot of mis quoted scripture.
Also some blasphemous statements made.
I cannot help but think that we should be heard. That if these things go unchecked we will be held accountable.
If I were walking into a ditch I would very much appreciate some one telling me.
I've noticed that some of the so called spiritual leadership has sold out for fame and fortune .
Leading people down a crooked path to destruction.
Also with the sudden arising of these events I can't help but think of end time prophecy.
If anyone wants to respond to this post please keep it in a biblical serious perspective.
We are our brothers keepers, do we just allow some to crash and burn or do we stand at the ready to help?

IMO, that time passed a long time ago. a long time ago :cautious:

long list of what the believers should have addressed a long time ago

L

lenna

most of it is in the news forum. not the good news forum. the news forum. no one is ignoring it

Feb 28, 2016
do we think that there are any 'godly-moral-politicians' running? NO!
do we think that there are any 'politicians, that are serving our Saviour? NO!
do we think that there are any parties that have a Godly solution today? NO!
we ALL must 'set our own house' in ORDER FIRST', and try and find favor with God,
for nations shall rise and nations shall fall', but our God abides FOREVER, and,
Him will we, hub and myself, and those who are His True servants will serve until
all be fulfilled'...

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
If the thread is about American politics, I and most other non-Americans won't bother with it. We have as much influence over what happens on the moon.

P

pottersclay

1. First of all we must distinguish between the Church and Christendom. Christendom consists of all the churches of the various denominations.

2. Secondly, churches must not involve themselves directly in politics, so if they have no input that is as it should be.

4. If Scripture is being misquoted or misapplied by politicians, it is to be expected.
Jesus made it a issue for correction again sermon on the mount.
Some may think because they have a so called spiritual leader they are doing good.

P

pottersclay

If the thread is about American politics, I and most other non-Americans won't bother with it. We have as much influence over what happens on the moon.
Dino biblical perspective .....that's the input I'm looking for and believe it or not I think many are looking for.