Church Girls! What’s your secret!?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
😁

Is it just me or do the girls at church have really white teeth? I have good oral hygiene but my teeth are not white and so I invested in a $136 teeth whitening kit system and have been seeing my teeth get whiter over the last three weeks.

However, how do you girls get your teeth so perfectly white? What’s your secret?

To maybe add some depth to this thread: What do white teeth tell you about a person?

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I hate to tell you Ben, there are three things that affect how white your teeth are; two you can do something about, the third is your parents fault. Tooth care and what you put into your mouth that may stain the tooth enamel (coffee, tobacco, etc.) you can control; the third is genetics which is your parents fault. I'm 51 and my teeth are falling apart (thanks Dad) just like my fathers did at roughly the same age. Poor genetics (as it relates to teeth) gave us both fairly weak tooth enamel.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Im picking. Have you ever used black charcole toothpaste powder ?? That stuff works great !

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
I hate to tell you Ben, there are three things that affect how white your teeth are; two you can do something about, the third is your parents fault. Tooth care and what you put into your mouth that may stain the tooth enamel (coffee, tobacco, etc.) you can control; the third is genetics which is your parents fault. I'm 51 and my teeth are falling apart (thanks Dad) just like my fathers did at roughly the same age. Poor genetics (as it relates to teeth) gave us both fairly weak tooth enamel.
My father had my brother and I get sealants on our teeth as children and praise God, we’ve had perfectly healthy teeth as a result. This is superb when you consider my parents and their teeth having a bunch of fillings and metals. My mother even had a mercury filling but had it removed because it leads to bad side effects in a person’s health as it leaks into the body.

Some good points ☝️

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Also, if your mother took antibiotics while she was carrying you in utero, your teeth may never be white :cry:

(Note: not you personally, but you, generally speaking ;))

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Believe me, I know all about the teeth falling apart.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Im picking. Have you ever used black charcole toothpaste powder ?? That stuff works great !
No, but I’ve seen videos of people using it on YouTube. Looks crazy, lol. My brother has used black charcoal soaps, that stained the shower black. I was like, “What happened in here?” Then he told me about his soap. Lol

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
Whitening teeth with a dentist makes your teeth more sensible it’s a painful process. My teeth aren’t white as snow but they are paper sensible. I’m using charcoal toothpaste to make it better. Also change your toothbrush ever so often. I do get that nice sun shade in the mornings and evenings lol and finally:
I AM NOT BLAMING IT ON THE SODA 🥤
thanks.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
In some cultures an elderly person with perfect teeth would be... odd.

In America it is considered normal because, merchandising!

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Also, if your mother took antibiotics while she was carrying you in utero, your teeth may never be white :cry:

(Note: not you personally, but you, generally speaking ;))
I quit worrying about white teeth years ago. At some point in the near future I'll have white teeth again but they'll be porcelain instead of enamel and dentin.

Believe me, I know all about the teeth falling apart.
Once I realized I was heading down the same path as Dad, I just quit spending money on fillings, etc since in my dad's case the end result (dentures) was the same but cost a bunch more over a period of years getting a tooth filled, then a couple of years later getting the same tooth crowned, then loosing the tooth a couple of years after that. Needless to say, my smile ain't too pretty right now with missing and broken teeth but over the long term it's costing me a whole lot less to end up in dentures anyway.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
In some cultures an elderly person with perfect teeth would be... odd.

In America it is considered normal because, merchandising!
My mother passed eleven years ago (age 90) with all her natural teeth :geek:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I quit worrying about white teeth years ago. At some point in the near future I'll have white teeth again but they'll be porcelain instead of enamel and dentin.

Once I realized I was heading down the same path as Dad, I just quit spending money on fillings, etc since in my dad's case the end result (dentures) was the same but cost a bunch more over a period of years getting a tooth filled, then a couple of years later getting the same tooth crowned, then loosing the tooth a couple of years after that. Needless to say, my smile ain't too pretty right now with missing and broken teeth but over the long term it's costing me a whole lot less to end up in dentures anyway.
I went through the denture ordeal last year.

First, 6 visits to get remaining bad teeth pulled. Next, had to have both upper and lower jawbone shaped to ensure a good fit. Now, even with much Novocain, still very painful procedure. Whole surgery took about 2 hours. Next, suture removal and mold made. Next, fitting with molded upper and lower plates. Next, fitting of completed denture. Next, follow-up visit for minor alterations.

My dentist highly recommended not to go to a clinic that does the whole thing in one day because the dentures would be of low quality and most likely would not fit snuggly. For a proper fit you will most likely need the surgery on both upper and lower jawbone. The surgery is relatively inexpensive, total of $800. Dentures were much more of course.

I am still trying to get used to eating with them but it is better than not having any teeth. I need to start wearing them on a regular basis.

Both of my parents had bad teeth too. It is hard to get around your genetics. Of course, you should use proper hygiene to extend the useful life. I was lacking somewhat in that area too. It did not help matters either having periodontal disease. You can do all of the deep cleaning procedures below the gum line you like but it is almost impossible to eliminate the disease. I believe that the word periodontal comes from an ancient Greek term meaning 'around the tooth'.

I sort of slacked off my dental hygiene once I lost a crown and several of my teeth gradually becoming loose. Pieces were breaking off on a regular basis. It was quite a mess.

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
😁

Is it just me or do the girls at church have really white teeth? I have good oral hygiene but my teeth are not white and so I invested in a $136 teeth whitening kit system and have been seeing my teeth get whiter over the last three weeks.

However, how do you girls get your teeth so perfectly white? What’s your secret?

To maybe add some depth to this thread: What do white teeth tell you about a person?
I brush twice a day with whitening toothpaste.

If you want to see someone with insanely WHITE teeth...check out Natalie Grant. (Christian Music Artist).😳

Do you find your teeth sensitive after using a whitening system?
I've heard some people experience that.

Also...did you take before and after pics to see how good it worked?

Enquiring minds want to know! ;)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
As did my grandfather (Mom's side). Mom is 81 and has all her teeth.
I might not have known that about my mother except for one of my siblings telling me at her funeral that our mother was rather pleased about that fact. Probably because it is rare, which made her feel like it was a kind of accomplishment :)

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
I went through the denture ordeal last year.

First, 6 visits to get remaining bad teeth pulled. Next, had to have both upper and lower jawbone shaped to ensure a good fit. Now, even with much Novocain, still very painful procedure. Whole surgery took about 2 hours. Next, suture removal and mold made. Next, fitting with molded upper and lower plates. Next, fitting of completed denture. Next, follow-up visit for minor alterations.

My dentist highly recommended not to go to a clinic that does the whole thing in one day because the dentures would be of low quality and most likely would not fit snuggly. For a proper fit you will most likely need the surgery on both upper and lower jawbone. The surgery is relatively inexpensive, total of $800. Dentures were much more of course.

I am still trying to get used to eating with them but it is better than not having any teeth. I need to start wearing them on a regular basis.

Both of my parents had bad teeth too. It is hard to get around your genetics. Of course, you should use proper hygiene to extend the useful life. I was lacking somewhat in that area too. It did not help matters either having periodontal disease. You can do all of the deep cleaning procedures below the gum line you like but it is almost impossible to eliminate the disease. I believe that the word periodontal comes from an ancient Greek term meaning 'around the tooth'.

I sort of slacked off my dental hygiene once I lost a crown and several of my teeth gradually becoming loose. Pieces were breaking off on a regular basis. It was quite a mess.
Good grief Tourist. This sounds awful. I'm glad you're getting used to your new dentures (I almost said choppers :(). I think teeth whitening is subjective. There is a guy at work that had something or other done and his teeth looked like rows of Chiclets chewing gum. There are some politicians that smile and it looks like they have little halogen bulbs turned on in their mouth. There's a limit and a lot of people pull it off, but others take it a little bit too far imo.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
I brush twice a day with whitening toothpaste.

If you want to see someone with insanely WHITE teeth...check out Natalie Grant. (Christian Music Artist).😳

Do you find your teeth sensitive after using a whitening system?
I've heard some people experience that.

Also...did you take before and after pics to see how good it worked?

Enquiring minds want to know! ;)
Which whitening tooth paste do you use?

My teeth don’t seem to be sensitive from the whitening method I am using. It’s called Snow Teeth Whitening, and it comes with these gel/serum sticks (a whitening solution) and you basically paint it on your teeth like a girl paints her nails. Then you put a mouth piece in your mouth that lights up with LED. How long you do it depends upon how fast you want results. I’ve been doing it for 30 mins a day.

I did take before pictures! And I took some after pics a couple days later (after use), but I think I should give it a whole month before taking after photos and comparing them for a fair review.