Church names

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 9, 2011
What Is the name of your church or what would be a good name for a church or what Is a name of a church you have seen?

Church of GOD In CHRIST.

Please give only one name per post.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Church of God

(I believe it is used more times in the NT than any other name for the Church.....7 times if memory serves me)

Dec 12, 2013
There are no properly named churches in the bible.......they were identified by the word "AT"....and then identified with a city or a home that was met in.......

And the word is applied in a plural sense ON the earth with a SINGLE body in heaven.................

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
there is a 2nd baptist church near me.
i'd like to attend an 11th or 43rd baptist church -- or even more realistically, "
5,887th Baptist Church"

:LOL:

Feb 28, 2016
I attended a 'first southern Baptist church' for many years-(grade school into high - got baptized and then thrown under the altar of
no remember-ance or 'follow-up, only to be cast-out into the world all on my own...oh the heart-ache when I discovered how
duped/deceived I had been by those who claimed to love/care about my Spiritual Journey - my heart seemed to die, and I fell face first into the wickedness of this fallen-deceitful-jail-house for years before my true 'calling-out and God's true Spiritual conversion' at His appointed time'.....

don't even under-estimate the 'power of the god of this world', especially at this time, 'the End-Times'...
as they say, 'don't get ready, but be ready'...

Dec 9, 2011
Did you have family that attended the Azusa street revival?
What a history. :)

"Temples of the Holy Spirit Meeting Place"
no but I Imagine that must have been a major desired spiritual presence that I wish I could have experienced.:)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Once, when I was faitly young, may seven, there was a revival tent put up in a field behind our house in Long Beach, California.

The revival was primarily, perhaps all, a black congregation.

One day after one of the revival meetings someone was ridiculing having heard a woman shouting, "Praise Abraham."

I kept that to myself until I was in my 40's or 50s, when I learned after studying just some, that Abraham my be translated as "Honored Father of the Ntions or of the Peoples." I always blessed that anonymous woman in my heart, and I came to know why by waiting…...

Praise Abraham, our Father, amen. Scoff and laugh at me if you will, they did worse to Jesus, Yeshua.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
there is a 2nd baptist church near me.
i'd like to attend an 11th or 43rd baptist church -- or even more realistically, "
5,887th Baptist Church"

:LOL:
Give 'em time........they keep splitting......so, they will get there eventually.......... :)

:)

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
no but I Imagine that must have been a major desired spiritual presence that I wish I could have experienced.:)
I was thinking the same thing when I posted that.
I've heard people speak of the event but I've never met anyone who had a family member that was present at the time so as to share their personal accounts of those three days.
And in Los Angeles, the city of angels! Perfect.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I was thinking the same thing when I posted that.
I've heard people speak of the event but I've never met anyone who had a family member that was present at the time so as to share their personal accounts of those three days.
And in Los Angeles, the city of angels! Perfect.
I am a Sabbatarian Pentecostal if that makes any sense. They don't normally go hand in hand. That just happens to be the road that God brought me down. So the Azusa street revival means a lot to me. There were some German speaking Sabbatarians early in the twentieth century in the Dakotas. They soon fell out of favor with the other Sabbath people and went into obscurity. God really has a sense of humor. Hahaha... I was born in L.A. but this was way before my time.

flashing-lol.gif

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
I am a Sabbatarian Pentecostal if that makes any sense. They don't normally go hand in hand. That just happens to be the road that God brought me down. So the Azusa street revival means a lot to me. There were some German speaking Sabbatarians early in the twentieth century in the Dakotas. They soon fell out of favor with the other Sabbath people and went into obscurity. God really has a sense of humor. Hahaha... I was born in L.A. but this was way before my time.

View attachment 190445
Oh, please, just look at the Platypus, the Rhino and the Giraffe. God sure does have a sense of humor. ;)
That's quite a testimony you have there. I like it. :)
There is a lot of falling out in the Pentecostal movement over the generations. God calls whom he will to his son and he maps the path their feet should follow. It is all a testimony in itself. It's one thing to talk about the Good News. But the real teaching comes in the living of it. That tells those who watch everything they need to know about how God works in the life of one who are truly his.
And, if I may say so, it makes it easier to identify the nominal also.
Those celebrities are the most apparent examples of both camps. The one's that live worldly while wearing a cross are the warning.

Feb 28, 2016
one can only heed the 'warnings' if they have the discernment of the ones who warn...

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
We have a place in London called Shirley. An apt name for a church there might be Shirley temple

OvisCarl

Sep 20, 2018
I fellowship with Living Faith Church Worldwide,aka Winners Chapel International.