Civil war coming to America?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

In the event of a coup or a takeover, would you take up arms to restore lawful authority to America?

• Yes. I would take up arms until every last traitor was rounded up and put on trial.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Yes, but in a limited manner. I would take up arms to protect my community from traitors.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • No, I would not take up arms, unless my family was directly threatened.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • No, I would not take up arms. All forms of killing are sin.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Other. The above actions do not properly describe the action I would take.

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters
Nov 26, 2012
Interesting. I see what I believe are many parallels between the US now and Germany in WWII. And I wonder if the same strategy used to conquer Germany will likewise be wielded against the US. I'm not certain, because I didn't live then, but it is interesting. I would like if Christians in the US could learn from the mistakes made in Germany and change the outcome.
I would say that the US being compared to Germany is a laughable stretch. I would argue that they are more like Rome, before the fall. Even still Rome didn’t exactly fall, they restructured their leadership from military to religious. Again the British Empire didn’t exactly fall as much as sublet distant lands hard to strategically rule. The point is this current state of unrest effects us directly. There has always been war, and evil on both sides of the lines. Each side has been lied to, and each feels justified in slaughtering their enemies. Carnal men will behave with carnal depravity, slaying and raping, and torturing. I believe that the hands of God may at times be called on to be the fists of God. When such a time arises when men are enlisted to slaughter men, we need to pray that their actions be honourable and they aren’t consumed by hate.

E

EleventhHour

I would say that the US being compared to Germany is a laughable stretch. I would argue that they are more like Rome, before the fall. Even still Rome didn’t exactly fall, they restructured their leadership from military to religious. Again the British Empire didn’t exactly fall as much as sublet distant lands hard to strategically rule. The point is this current state of unrest effects us directly. There has always been war, and evil on both sides of the lines. Each side has been lied to, and each feels justified in slaughtering their enemies. Carnal men will behave with carnal depravity, slaying and raping, and torturing. I believe that the hands of God may at times be called on to be the fists of God. When such a time arises when men are enlisted to slaughter men, we need to pray that their actions be honourable and they aren’t consumed by hate.
I would absolutely agree no comparison between the US and Germany prior to WWII.

Germany was a beleaguered country after WWI quietly building up it forces to reassert herself on the world stage and definitely not a country collapsing within the way the US is.

E

EleventhHour

Nothing in politics is ever what it appears. If the scientific and technological masterminds can continue amazing us with what they create, those who rule us are no less impressive. It is and always has been one world government. Everything else is illusion. The elites gather and decide what the outcomes will be always keeping us divided to keep us weak. They are buying time keeping the population at bay until the end times thins the herd enough to usher in a government to rule the world united effectively.
I would agree far more goes on behind the scenes then we are able to discern at the time.

However, even those with power do not always accomplish what they want .....it is foolish to think that they are able to exert absolute control or that they are even of one mind... they themselves are liars and deceivers and will cut each other down for for control.

E

EleventhHour

To answer several in this thread at the same time....I believe both are coming...Both a civil war and a World War.......and regardless of those that disagree.....I do believe the U.S. will fall in the coming World War!
The US will definitely fall.

Dec 12, 2013
Interesting. I see what I believe are many parallels between the US now and Germany in WWII. And I wonder if the same strategy used to conquer Germany will likewise be wielded against the US. I'm not certain, because I didn't live then, but it is interesting. I would like if Christians in the US could learn from the mistakes made in Germany and change the outcome.
Study Jeremiah 50 and 51....EVERY WORD ;)

Dec 12, 2013
Haven't seen you round brother. What's your opinion of what's happening in Iran, if you don't mind sharing?
Babylon A.D. stirring Persia ;) and leading the world down the path to a global conflict with Babylon A.D. losing just as Babylon B.C. fell to Persia <--the short end of the stick!

Babylon is FALLEN, IS FALLEN

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I believe every nation will fall and every President, king, monarch, and leader will bow down to the one true King Jesus Christ. As to when is debatable but we are told no one knows the day or hour but that we are only 2000+ years closer.

Realistically I cannot imagine a civil war. Our leaders will split, our military, our law enforcement, and all civilians will split. That is alot of fire power on each side and according to who splits where in the military they will have options to very high tech explosives and equipment. In which could be the saving factor as that could create a cold war within the states. Unfortunately in this chaos we will have Russia, China and many others choosing a side to support that will be best for their benefits.

A civil war is extremely expensive and extremely terrible on a country's economy and well being including the ability to defend from other countries. We are already trillions in debt. Take a look at Venezuela only within decades was a striving economy but from debt and a failing economy their system collapsed as any system does with a rising debt. Their money became useless and in that becomes a puppet to whichever country has a certain agenda. A real Civil war would destroy the country.

As of today I do not see that yet in the future. We are still very much politically motivated to handle every problem. Even if it is often corrupt politics. I do not see a civil war as the game plan. Each side is probably smart enough to know we wouldn't gain very much from doing that. But instead they have a long term strategy using propaganda, educating our youth, and attacking the ideals of the opposition. Why spark a civil war when in a few decades the majority of the country will vote and support your views? Then all opposition can be voted on and even outlawed. Quite simple and easy. This strategy has worked quite well throughout history.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I would absolutely agree no comparison between the US and Germany prior to WWII.

Germany was a beleaguered country after WWI quietly building up it forces to reassert herself on the world stage and definitely not a country collapsing within the way the US is.
Isn't the US a country beleaguered by communists within, mired in moral depravity, then along comes Trump and starts putting the communists in their place, putting his country first, standing for what is right, while much of the world watches on outraged?

E

EleventhHour

Isn't the US a country beleaguered by communists within, mired in moral depravity, then along comes Trump and starts putting the communists in their place, putting his country first, standing for what is right, while much of the world watches on outraged?
The USA is beleaguered on many fronts.....communists that's funny....the problem is crony capitalism and the deep state which manipulates, often controls and influences apart from the general will of people and not in the best interest of the people.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Okay, it's been almost a year, and it seems the coup has been exposed to all but the highest levels. It would seem President Trump is doing all he can to restore lawful authority to America.

I suspect it's going to be a fairly messy period over the next 2 weeks, but hopefully the bulk of the mess will comprise the terrorists and insurgents. Pence can likely prevent a lot of bloodshed (especially on behalf of the criminals) by doing his duty, but I suspect he is a traitor that may not have been properly turned back to the lawful path.

Any final comments before the hands of the conspirators are revealed?

B

Blackpowderduelist

The supreme court from what I can tell has refused to take up the election fraud case. Regardless of the evidence.
What that means is that we no longer have a republic. We are no longer sojourners, we are exiles.

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
As an interested onlooker into American politics, it seems to me that every trick in the book is being tried to depose what seems to be legitimately elected leaders (primarily Donald Trump, but other leaders also).

One thing I admire about America's political system is its Second Amendment - the right and responsibility of the citizens to hold the government to account, via the use of force if necessary, if the government starts to act illegally.

However, as Christians, whose kingdom and true King are not of this world, in the event of a political coup by the popular Communist party, or an assassination, or false flag nuclear attack, or some other underhanded tactic, would it be better to let the world deal with the affairs of the world, or as citizens of America, would it be best to fulfill one's responsibilities to restore lawful government to the country?

I ask, because many of the members of the opposing party (e.g. Hillary Clinton), are clearly non-Christians, and would likely go to an eternity in hell were they to die in any coup attempt or subsequent civil war. However, the bible clearly states in Romans that the government of a country does not bear the sword in vain, so it may almost be a dereliction of one's duty and justice, in the event of a coup or takeover and in light of the Second Amendment, if the leaders of the coup were not brought to trial by those holding the ultimate authority - the American citizens.

I trust the above was not offensive, and would be interested to hear Christian responses to (what will hopefully remain) such a hypothetical situation.
I guess I try to think about that we are in this world but not of this world. Yes, I am an American but my allegiance belongs to God. I don’t see where I fight for anything..but share the gospel hoping to save some from the lake of fire where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth. I don’t believe the apostles did anything about political events of their day but shared the gospel with everyone. And in whatever happens to the US, my family or myself...mustn’t I be praying to God for help and guidance? Casting all my cares upon Him because He cares for me? We forget that its God we rely upon...Israel always made wrong choices when they forgot that.

Nov 15, 2020
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
What I won't say is that America is getting what it deserves, because that's not the case as such.
Seeing on the news what is happening, and the result of the 2020 election, I have to ask "what did you expect?"

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
What I won't say is that America is getting what it deserves, because that's not the case as such.
Seeing on the news what is happening, and the result of the 2020 election, I have to ask "what did you expect?"
Maybe we were hoping evil wouldn’t win?

rastai

Aug 15, 2020
As an interested onlooker into American politics, it seems to me that every trick in the book is being tried to depose what seems to be legitimately elected leaders (primarily Donald Trump, but other leaders also).

One thing I admire about America's political system is its Second Amendment - the right and responsibility of the citizens to hold the government to account, via the use of force if necessary, if the government starts to act illegally.

However, as Christians, whose kingdom and true King are not of this world, in the event of a political coup by the popular Communist party, or an assassination, or false flag nuclear attack, or some other underhanded tactic, would it be better to let the world deal with the affairs of the world, or as citizens of America, would it be best to fulfill one's responsibilities to restore lawful government to the country?

I ask, because many of the members of the opposing party (e.g. Hillary Clinton), are clearly non-Christians, and would likely go to an eternity in hell were they to die in any coup attempt or subsequent civil war. However, the bible clearly states in Romans that the government of a country does not bear the sword in vain, so it may almost be a dereliction of one's duty and justice, in the event of a coup or takeover and in light of the Second Amendment, if the leaders of the coup were not brought to trial by those holding the ultimate authority - the American citizens.

I trust the above was not offensive, and would be interested to hear Christian responses to (what will hopefully remain) such a hypothetical situation.
Yeah except it is not a coup. The reality outside of your bubble is that a great many people wanted Trump out including many Christians and others and He legitimately lost. Virtually all the fraud allegations can be disproven if you simply seek the truth. Why are you so interested in civil war? You have too much emotional investment in Trump being the winner and so it is too much for you to handle so you talk about civil war. I only ever hear conservatives talking about there might be a civil war. Under Obama, there was similar talk. Life will keep on going, the earth will keep spinning, prophecy will fulfill. Maybe on January 20, you will realize you have been lied to by Trump and others.

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
Yeah except it is not a coup. The reality outside of your bubble is that a great many people wanted Trump out including many Christians and others and He legitimately lost. Virtually all the fraud allegations can be disproven if you simply seek the truth. Why are you so interested in civil war? You have too much emotional investment in Trump being the winner and so it is too much for you to handle so you talk about civil war. I only ever hear conservatives talking about there might be a civil war. Under Obama, there was similar talk. Life will keep on going, the earth will keep spinning, prophecy will fulfill. Maybe on January 20, you will realize you have been lied to by Trump and others.
80 million wanted trump to be their president..that’s not a small amount.

Fraud could be proven..but tptb didn’t want to look at it..so it wasn’t looked at and they have the msm under their control so they just reported what they wanted not the truth.

Lol..after the 20th...anything the dems do that messes things up further will be blamed on trump. Just like when trump cranked up the economy it was said that that was because of Obama’s policies...lol! When he wanted to make sure Americans knew that America would never be great again...:rolleyes:

rastai

Aug 15, 2020
80 million wanted trump to be their president..that’s not a small amount.

Fraud could be proven..but tptb didn’t want to look at it..so it wasn’t looked at and they have the msm under their control so they just reported what they wanted not the truth.

Lol..after the 20th...anything the dems do that messes things up further will be blamed on trump. Just like when trump cranked up the economy it was said that that was because of Obama’s policies...lol! When he wanted to make sure Americans knew that America would never be great again...:rolleyes:
Some facts on the economy,
Last 8 recessions under republican presidents

New Jobs report, 3 million jobs lost under trump

16 years of Clinton/ Obama 32 million jobs added

16 years of Bush, Bush and trump 0 jobs added

Get ready for a more prosperous 4 years

Lisamn

Dec 29, 2020
Some facts on the economy,
Last 8 recessions under republican presidents

New Jobs report, 3 million jobs lost under trump

16 years of Clinton/ Obama 32 million jobs added

16 years of Bush, Bush and trump 0 jobs added

Get ready for a more prosperous 4 years
You got the wrong stats.

We just had the best prosperous 3 years since obama’s worst 12 years economy...
Biden isn’t going to do better than trump..he didn’t under obama.

K

KT88

You got the wrong stats.

We just had the best prosperous 3 years since obama’s worst 12 years economy...
Biden isn’t going to do better than trump..he didn’t under obama.
No he hasn't, Trump inherited an economy that was on the rebound during Pres. Obama's terms of office after the 2008 crash.

The stimulus package that the Obama admin brought in that was administered by Joe Biden shows an upward swing when Agent Orange came into office:

gnp.jpg

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
Both the UK and US are part of the UN Security Council we should have attempted to resolve the situation with Iran there before
risking WW3. Remember WW1 was caused by one assassination. History tends to repeat itself.
No. The assassination of Ferdinand and his wife was just lighting a very short fuse. It's convenient you'd leave out Britain's imperial colonization of countries spanning 5 continents at the time not to even mention France and their role in European nationalism. Germany was all to eager to join a fight, especially against France (after the Prussian war) and Russia. Britain joined France after the invasion through and the dominos fell, not because of Franz and his lovely wife, but because of independence. Freedom. Or at least a perception of freedom if nothing else.

Which brings me to another short fuse. President Trump lost the election and did an historically horrible stupid thing and instigated what turned into a riot on the Capitol building - something everyone resoundingly condemned But instead of understanding Trump's or his 73 million supporter's anger or suspicions in the process or remembering the 4 years of constant investigations and impeachment proceedings and condemnation of everything the party and the man has done, President elect Biden condemns all the people involved in the march on Washington and refers to them as stupid and misinformed. Then the Speaker of the House plans to impeach Trump of his 12 remaining days left in the office of insurrection.

This may not light a fuse - I don't know. But it doesn't help. It doesn't teach. It isn't leadership. It doesn't look inward nor does it forgive. But it is the history that repeats itself.