Clever inventions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
What are some clever inventions you are thankful for? They can be new or ones you use everyday that make life so much easier or are just beneficial

For me, the washing machine, because washing by hand would take forever
Internet forums, because I get to have real time conversations to people from all over the world
Physical Paper books, because reading by scrolls isnt that easy
Sneakers, with comfy soles because shoes can actually be tough yet comfortable
Refridgerators and freezers, because I can have fresh food that will keep and I dont have to go out shopping/gathering evrryday or worry that it will go off

Im going to try a new one its washable menstrual underwear...sorry men you dont really want to know what a hassle pads can be or tampons. And how much waste is made disposing of them plus all the plastic.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I just bought a sewing machine about t two weeks ago. I cannot see to sew a straight line so I am using it for my own puposes. I love it a lot even using it with peripheral vision it is a boon and great blessing. God bless you.

R

Rasputin_OZ

Sliced bread. it is the best thing since ummmmm ……...

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Hot water bottles. Mine has become handy during these winter months.

R

Rasputin_OZ

Zippers....

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
From Tennessee, where we are just getting into the hot season, I gotta vote for air conditioners. It doesn't get as hot here as in the desert southwest, but it ain't no dry heat. On a hot day we love us some AC.

G

Godsgirl83

Actual restrooms/indoor plumbing! Ever go to an event and all they have is a port-a-potty? :sick:EWWWW

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
The toilet with the flush handle

Imagine going back in time then toilets weren't invented yet :sick:

Nail clippers, I would like to go back in time and share the invention, which can help advance civilization sooner

The wheel, no need to reinvent it

The microwave, convenience!

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
The toilet with the flush handle

Imagine going back in time then toilets weren't invented yet :sick:

Nail clippers, I would like to go back in time and share the invention, which can help advance civilization sooner

The wheel, no need to reinvent it

The microwave, convenience!
If you are using a microwave, originally called a radar range, then you are poisoning yourself.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If you are using a microwave, originally called a radar range, then you are poisoning yourself.
I dunno... the physicist who noticed the chocolate bar melting in his pocket didn't seem adversely affected, and he got a lot more microwave dosage than anybody reheating food at home will ever get.

The electro-magnetic fields produced by them might cause cancer though, if you sleep on a running microwave every night for a few years.

EM fields from phones will probably kill us first though.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
-

for people who need assistance in walking and then can sit when they need a rest. Great invention!

G

Godsgirl83

-

for people who need assistance in walking and then can sit when they need a rest. Great invention!
I see some of the happiest people resting on these @ big events they may otherwise not have attended.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
They are a blessing for many, I have trouble understanding why we cannot or will not access the free gift of healing Jesus paid for 2000 years ago at the whipping post.
We were never intended to die of any illness, it is an attack of the adversary.