Coming Revival (US)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
There have been many revivals. At 77 I did not witness much of this activity from Billy Graham, rather, he had his own following. I did see him going to the White House to be received by several US Presidents. Interesting, but not convincing.

There have been many revivals over the decades. There was even a revival directly behind my home in Long Beach, Ca.

I do not see numbered revivals in the word much at all. Perhaps when Joel makes mention of the visions and dreams in the latter times. This is about as close as I find in the Word. I do see the great falling away, but that began two thousand years ago.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
5G and other tech to control human minds to commit sins are likely to also cause people to have demons-that ol' legion.
You're certainly in the realms of sheer fantasy here, dear sister!

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
I have no idea if or when a revival will occur or who it will involve. I do feel there will need to be some major events to shake Christians out of their complacency, especially here in the US. We saw a little of this after 9-11 when Americans turned to the church for about six months afterward, before returning to their self-involved ways.

I also feel we Americans have put ourselves in a particularly vulnerable condition. Come Lord Jesus.

Feb 26, 2021
I have no idea if or when a revival will occur or who it will involve. I do feel there will need to be some major events to shake Christians out of their complacency, especially here in the US. We saw a little of this after 9-11 when Americans turned to the church for about six months afterward, before returning to their self-involved ways.

I also feel we Americans have put ourselves in a particularly vulnerable condition. Come Lord Jesus.
Like that. the elitists who want to run the world by keeping it under fear don't care about commonwealth. Like this fellow brother jb above "https://christianchat.com/threads/coming-revival-us.199765/post-4587659", people have no idea about it, and I've just realized that. Those ignorant people will need the spiritual guidance of the Lord, or else they will be consumed in the terror that is coming upon the Earth. Sigh

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
We're not talking about that size of revivals. We're talking even bigger than Azusa street. You should've listened to the video first. In the later half, Sid mentions that one of the Azusa street prophet said that 100 yrs from then would there be an even bigger revival. (If it doesn't happen within a few years timespan, then you might mock.)

again, a mocking spirit coz I never stated you have to "create revivals." You're basically assuming the same about me as the "revival" preachers. I'm not a pentecostal preacher. Twisting people's words is not good. Now this one person agreed with you, thinking that's what I meant, and it's because of you.

Nonetheless, you can't have a revival unless God's spirit is there, and you don't move God, but God moves you.

The same reason Pentecost (shabuot) even happened. Bcs it was planned from the beginning of the world.
At least there was no more profanity. But when people disagreed you got really contentious and insulting.

I DEFINITELY don't believe you now.

S

SophieT

We're not talking about that size of revivals. We're talking even bigger than Azusa street. You should've listened to the video first. In the later half, Sid mentions that one of the Azusa street prophet said that 100 yrs from then would there be an even bigger revival. (If it doesn't happen within a few years timespan, then you might mock.)

again, a mocking spirit coz I never stated you have to "create revivals." You're basically assuming the same about me as the "revival" preachers. I'm not a pentecostal preacher. Twisting people's words is not good. Now this one person agreed with you, thinking that's what I meant, and it's because of you.

Nonetheless, you can't have a revival unless God's spirit is there, and you don't move God, but God moves you.

The same reason Pentecost (shabuot) even happened. Bcs it was planned from the beginning of the world.
yeah I do not have a mocking spirit and you do not have discernment. the mockery is what goes on in certain mega churches wherein anything weird is attributed to the Holy Spirit.

oh but we DO move God. call upon me and I will answer you says God. search for me with your whole heart and you will find me says God and many many more in scripture

seems you may have been drinking deep from the contaminated waters of the false prophets

there are false so called moves of God going on right now. I did not twist your words either. It seems more like you do not comprehend what I wrote because you want what YOU want

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
how old are you if I may ask?
I'm sorry that this is unrelated, but I see that a member here referred to you as a sister in Christ, while your profile says male?

I just wanted to clarify, as this sometimes happens, and knowing the correct gender of the poster sometimes helps the reader understand a bit more of their perspective.

I apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding.

S

SophieT

What I know is that there will be catastrophic events coming within the next years. I mean Catastrophic. Famines and plagues to the extent that you'll have need of healers and miracles. Some of those things will be deliberate by evil rulers. A gazilion of asteroids as well. That's the level of revival we're talking about. And DON'T FORGET DEMONIC POSSESSIONS.

5G and other tech to control human minds to commit sins are likely to also cause people to have demons-that ol' legion.
and what do you think is happening now? read Revelation. stop with the false prophecies. do you have any idea whatsoever how many false prophets are predicting what is actually and already happening? not very prophetic

much of the church is in apostasy and runs after signs and so called miracles. Christianity is in decline and has replaced the Holy Spirit with doctrine in some cases and lying spirits in others. Revival? judgement starts with the believers and you cannot see what is happening?

smh

what we have need of, is not fakirs and false liars that God never called.

who we need is JESUS. and no, despite their best efforts, and the big shows and spiritual weirdness, Jesus is not in those things and it is not the Holy Spirit

well that should get you uncomfortable but it's the truth. by the way, I'm not interested in name calling and threats so don't bother

S

SophieT

I'm not the biggest fan of youtube vids, but here's one about some of the false prophecies. they are false because what was prophesied did NOT happen. when it comes to saying Trump would be president for a 2nd term, personally I doubt he will ever president again...I could be wrong, but somehow I don't think he will be.

I do actually believe that the election was falsified so don't bring that up and say he really did win. if someone was actually prophesying from the Lord, they should have seen the events that really did happen. think about that one

Feb 26, 2021
and what do you think is happening now? read Revelation. stop with the false prophecies. do you have any idea
If you are willing to to discuss with me or converse in any friendly way, I accept you, but you don't seem to be.

But in case you are, I have read revelation, and I do. Thank you for the suggestion.

As for "false prophecies" you're talking about, while you're trying to make it out to be like I follow Sid Roth or false prophets, as I've written above, I don't because I know some of his guests are not genuine or misled by their own thoughts.

By the way, you can only call a prophecy false when it didn't come to pass. Indeed there have been prophets on ISN who falsely claimed about Trump, but as for revival, we don't know when it's supposed to be, so I don't know how you can already determine it's false.

I don't know why you seem to be so offended by me, but there is no need for such contention towards me, sister. Have peace.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Apologies, just read your profile and you are a male, so I should have addressed you as “brother”

For some reason I just assumed you were a female....:p

Feb 26, 2021
I was born again in 1983, so that makes me.......38 years old!

Why?
I thought you might be really old because you told me what I wrote about was a fantasy.
First of all, listen to what he says about what's already happening with sinkholes.
We're not talking about artificial events, but you can see in the nature that the end approaches as we speak.
Apologies, just read your profile and you are a male, so I should have addressed you as “brother”

For some reason I just assumed you were a female....:p
It's alright. Some people might change attitude between male and female, so I don't always let them know. :/

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I thought you might be really old because you told me what I wrote about was a fantasy.
First of all, listen to what he says about what's already happening with sinkholes.
We're not talking about artificial events, but you can see in the nature that the end approaches as we speak.

It's alright. Some people might change attitude between male and female, so I don't always let them know. :/
Oooh, I saw him at the Car Rant Awards!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
What IS it with people ranting in their cars and posting the videos?

Why are so many people watching these car rants?

Does it give a person more credibility when he proves he can make a video and drive at the same time?

S

SophieT

If you are willing to to discuss with me or converse in any friendly way, I accept you, but you don't seem to be.

But in case you are, I have read revelation, and I do. Thank you for the suggestion.

As for "false prophecies" you're talking about, while you're trying to make it out to be like I follow Sid Roth or false prophets, as I've written above, I don't because I know some of his guests are not genuine or misled by their own thoughts.

By the way, you can only call a prophecy false when it didn't come to pass. Indeed there have been prophets on ISN who falsely claimed about Trump, but as for revival, we don't know when it's supposed to be, so I don't know how you can already determine it's false.

I don't know why you seem to be so offended by me, but there is no need for such contention towards me, sister. Have peace.
kindly show me where I said you follow Sid Roth...you know, when people make up things like you are doing, it just illustrates their inability to either follow a conversation or their desire to sound like the nice person they think they are

if only the false prophecies were contained to Trump. it is far far worse than that

God is not the author of these prophecies, so either the person is speaking from themselves or they are speaking under demonic influence.

I don't know why you seem to be so offended by me,
typical typical nonsense. the offence is against God when people spout false nonsense

as it is, nothing is directed at you personally, but rather about the false that permeates so many churches today

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Look.

I know damn well there are those of you out there who don't believe in such a thing as a REVIVAL. I'll tell you what: Those people don't even want a revival.

Those who express their sheer doubt in a revival of the Church have a mocking spirit. And I do not like it.

To me a revival is not an event that's supposed to boost one's faith, but rather a time when there are a multitude of healing, miracles and wonders, and the number of believers rise to a greater degree.

If you don't believe in this happening any time soon, that's fine. It's your right to decide what to believe. Just don't come against those that do eagerly just to mock them. Nevertheless, if you are one of those skeptics, I'd strongly encourage you to have an open mind.

Only through a revival can a "great falling away" happen. Theoretically. Think about that.

If you are one of those on fire for the Lord, have a look.

You know I have been hearing in my heart spirit of Elijah and it wouldn't go away I don't typically go near such things due to so many false ones out there but whether it is about revival or not the words spirit of Elijah keep ringing in my heart