Controversial Topics Forum

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

morefaithrequired

The fact is we don't agree on everything, and a controversial forum is just another opportunity to insult and argue with each other. But as Magenta said, everything concerning Christianity is controversial. We don't need anymore opportunity for controversy, as far as I can see.
i am more concerned about the quality of insults. We all need to avoid predictability. Get creative. Keep us all awake.
Am I making sense today? probably not eh

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Okay Deade here's a controversial one😁.....
What do the mature Christians understand the Word of God to be saying about women teaching in the Church?
(I would greatly appreciate this to be answered by those who have considered significant Hebrew and Greek words and have a generally good understanding of the whole Bible)
Many. thanks🙂

M

morefaithrequired

What do the mature Christians understand the Word of God to be saying about women teaching in the Church?
(I would greatly appreciate this to be answered by those who have considered significant Hebrew and Greek words and have a generally good understanding of the whole Bible)
Many. thanks🙂
sorry im busy at the moment

KhedetOrthos

Dec 13, 2019
Did you know that mainstream Christianity didn't believe that Christ was physically coming back to earth until 1844 when the Adventist proposed it.
I’m not sure where you got this idea, but it isn’t correct...even the Didache, predating even the Bible as we know it today, says

Didache (100 A.D.)

Watch for your life's sake. Let not your lamps be quenched, nor your loins be unloosed, but be ye ready, for ye know not the hour in which our Lord cometh. But as often as you come together, seeking the things that are befitting to your souls: for that whole time of your faith will not profit you, if you are not made perfect in the last time. For in the last days false prophets and corrupters shall be multiplied, and the sheep turned into wolves, and love will be turned to hate; when the lawlessness increases, they shall hate and betray one another, and then shall appear the world deceiver as Son of God, and shall do signs and wonders and the world shall be delivered into his hands, and he shall do iniquitous things which have never yet come to pass since the beginning. Then the creation of men shall come into the fire of trial, and many shall be made to stumble and perish; but they that endure in the faith shall be saved from under the curse itself. And then shall appear the signs of truth; first, the sign of the outspreading in heaven; then the sign of the sound of the trumpet; and the third, the resurrection from the dead; yet not all, but as it is said: The Lord is coming and all his saints with Him, then the world will see the Lord coming upon the clouds of heaven."

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I’m not sure where you got this idea, but it isn’t correct...even the Didache, predating even the Bible as we know it today, says

Didache (100 A.D.)

Watch for your life's sake. Let not your lamps be quenched, nor your loins be unloosed, but be ye ready, for ye know not the hour in which our Lord cometh. But as often as you come together, seeking the things that are befitting to your souls: for that whole time of your faith will not profit you, if you are not made perfect in the last time. For in the last days false prophets and corrupters shall be multiplied, and the sheep turned into wolves, and love will be turned to hate; when the lawlessness increases, they shall hate and betray one another, and then shall appear the world deceiver as Son of God, and shall do signs and wonders and the world shall be delivered into his hands, and he shall do iniquitous things which have never yet come to pass since the beginning. Then the creation of men shall come into the fire of trial, and many shall be made to stumble and perish; but they that endure in the faith shall be saved from under the curse itself. And then shall appear the signs of truth; first, the sign of the outspreading in heaven; then the sign of the sound of the trumpet; and the third, the resurrection from the dead; yet not all, but as it is said: The Lord is coming and all his saints with Him, then the world will see the Lord coming upon the clouds of heaven."
So says the Eastern Orthodox member. I didn't expect such as you to believe it. We have scripture that says the same thing, yet many denied it until confronted with texts such as you produced. :)

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Most other forums have a place where we can discuss controversial topics that are not allowed on the regular BDF. I feel we are just finding our way back to Bible truths that have been disallowed by certain creeds and doctrines.

You might think of us as off, but many Christians have come to conclusions that antichrist has been active a lot longer than most suspect. We need a place to state our case without getting kicked off the forum altogether.
Well since the anti Christ and the beast will both be under the influence of Lucifer and there have already been several antichrists like Hitler, Stalin, Caligula & Augustus Caesar etc. Yes the spirit of the Antichrist has been traceable to some extent ever since Genesis 3, at least.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
So says the Eastern Orthodox member. I didn't expect such as you to believe it. We have scripture that says the same thing, yet many denied it until confronted with texts such as you produced. :)
@KhedetOrthos The keyword is mainstream. He didn't say all or none. many mainstreamers join before they investigate and believe what they are taught before they have a filter or the ability to recognize the difference between genuine and counterfeit. Paul warns us about false doctrine so they have been around since the 1st Century. It's easier to believe a convenient fib than an inconvenient truth. Study, pray and restudy the original. Test what we are taught before believing it.

1 John 4: 1 Testing the Spirits; 1Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God. For many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
@KhedetOrthos The keyword is mainstream. He didn't say all or none. many mainstreamers join before they investigate and believe what they are taught before they have a filter or the ability to recognize the difference between genuine and counterfeit. Paul warns us about false doctrine so they have been around since the 1st Century. It's easier to believe a convenient fib than an inconvenient truth. Study, pray and restudy the original. Test what we are taught before believing it.

1 John 4: 1 Testing the Spirits; 1Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God. For many false prophets have gone out into the world.
Yes, I think it is just too hard for most to believe that Satan got into Christianity so early. But think about this: He is a spirit and time is on his side. Besides the "son of perdition" must run full course, until God puts a stop to it. It's prophecy! :whistle:

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Yes, I think it is just too hard for most to believe that Satan got into Christianity so early. But think about this: He is a spirit and time is on his side. Besides the "son of perdition" must run full course, until God puts a stop to it. It's prophecy!:whistle:
Thats what I've been saying too and I've been called a superstitious, religious fanatic. They'll find out. Some people are willfully ignorant when the truth contradicts their agenda. They claim the everything that happens, they agree with, is Gods will. With a Bible in one hand and a false idol in the other. It's either deception or nonsense. Only the Lord knows for sure

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
the antichrist or antichrists have always been around, not sure why people seem to think there will only ever be ONE.
Im sure you can state your case without being banned if doing so respectfully. It just seems that people like to name call anyone whos powerful and in politics right now as antichrist. I think people dont get that its a spirit and also that the beast is not a person. People will worship the image of the beast its not saying that there is this one person.

I think the way to go about discussing topics that people have different views on is to let people come to their own conclusions. Dont try and say I think YOU think this when people might not even have made up their minds about it. dont pigeon hole people because of the denoniminations they might belong to either as many christians are actually not denominational, they might just go to a certain church or belong to one because their family has always gone to one and so thats where they go because its familiar.

Beckworth

May 15, 2019
Iam rather new to this site. Are we allowed to state our beliefs that might not agree with others or not?

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Iam rather new to this site. Are we allowed to state our beliefs that might not agree with others or not?
Obviously you haven't spent much time in the Bible Discussion Forum. We permit a broad scope of Christian doctrine to be discussed. The only time you'll run afoul is if your beliefs are outright heretical and it is determined that you are trying to spread that heresy.

KhedetOrthos

Dec 13, 2019
Yes, I think it is just too hard for most to believe that Satan got into Christianity so early. But think about this: He is a spirit and time is on his side. Besides the "son of perdition" must run full course, until God puts a stop to it. It's prophecy!:whistle:
Jesus said the gates of hell would not prevail against his Church. If you are trying to make the case that something like 85% of the churches time on earth was spent defeated by Satan until some guy in the 19th century figured it out...it’s a hard case to make.

Beckworth

May 15, 2019
sorry im busy at the moment
Many. thanks🙂
I probably would not qualify as one to answer your question since I don’t have a vast knowledge of the Hebrew or Greek language but my question is, what is the problem? Does God not mean what he says? The fact that most people totally ignore what the Holy Spirit says or try to explain it away does not mean that God was not plain or that what he says is somehow vague or hard to understand. It is an indisputable fact that the New Testament teaches that women are limited in some areas.
1) I Corinthians 11:3 God gives the “order” of God, Man, Woman. In 1 Timothy 2:11-14 He says” let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man but to be in SILENCE(gs). And then he gives the reason— because the man was formed first and because the man was not deceived but the woman was deceived. This goes all the way back to Genesis. When God made woman as a “helper” for Adam. She was made FROM him and FOR him. InGenesis 3 when God cursed Eve he said “...your desire shall be to your husband and he shall rule over you “ I know that is ruffling doe feathers, but I am just presenting the facts of what the Bible teaches. these are not my words but God’s. If you want to get mad at someone then you will have to get mad at God. He’s the one who wrote this not me.
2) I Corinthians 14:34-35 is probably the passage with the strongest language. “LET YOUR WOMEN KEEP SILENT IN THE CHURCHES, FOR THEY ARE NOT PERMITTED TO SPEAK BUT THEY ARE TO BE SUBMISSIVE AS THE LAW ALSO SAYS.” VERSE 35- “....for it is SHAMEFUL FOR WOMEN TO SPEAK IN THE CHURCH.”
That’s what God says about it and that is what the BIBLE TEACHES ABOUT WONEN SPEAKING in the church. Now the question is ,DO YOU BELIEVE IT? It’s just like Genesis 1:1. The Athiest KNOWS what it says. He just doesnt BELIEVE what it says.
I believe in the authority of the scriptures and that Christ has ALL authority as stated in Matt. 28:18.

Many. thanks🙂

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
I probably would not qualify as one to answer your question since I don’t have a vast knowledge of the Hebrew or Greek language but my question is, what is the problem? Does God not mean what he says? The fact that most people totally ignore what the Holy Spirit says or try to explain it away does not mean that God was not plain or that what he says is somehow vague or hard to understand. It is an indisputable fact that the New Testament teaches that women are limited in some areas.
1) I Corinthians 11:3 God gives the “order” of God, Man, Woman. In 1 Timothy 2:11-14 He says” let a woman learn in silence with all submission. And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man but to be in SILENCE(gs). And then he gives the reason— because the man was formed first and because the man was not deceived but the woman was deceived. This goes all the way back to Genesis. When God made woman as a “helper” for Adam. She was made FROM him and FOR him. InGenesis 3 when God cursed Eve he said “...your desire shall be to your husband and he shall rule over you “ I know that is ruffling doe feathers, but I am just presenting the facts of what the Bible teaches. these are not my words but God’s. If you want to get mad at someone then you will have to get mad at God. He’s the one who wrote this not me.
2) I Corinthians 14:34-35 is probably the passage with the strongest language. “LET YOUR WOMEN KEEP SILENT IN THE CHURCHES, FOR THEY ARE NOT PERMITTED TO SPEAK BUT THEY ARE TO BE SUBMISSIVE AS THE LAW ALSO SAYS.” VERSE 35- “....for it is SHAMEFUL FOR WOMEN TO SPEAK IN THE CHURCH.”
That’s what God says about it and that is what the BIBLE TEACHES ABOUT WONEN SPEAKING in the church. Now the question is ,DO YOU BELIEVE IT? It’s just like Genesis 1:1. The Athiest KNOWS what it says. He just doesnt BELIEVE what it says.
I believe in the authority of the scriptures and that Christ has ALL authority as stated in Matt. 28:18.
This is precisely why I asked for someone who understands the original languages to answer ugh...

E

EleventhHour

Jesus said the gates of hell would not prevail against his Church. If you are trying to make the case that something like 85% of the churches time on earth was spent defeated by Satan until some guy in the 19th century figured it out...it’s a hard case to make.
Agree.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
This is the Suggestions forum, for how to improve the site.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
So people believe in Nostradamus and the 3 anti Christs?

Joy4N8cher

Jul 8, 2020
Well, certain topics are banned on the forum as a whole. We chance getting banned altogether when we bring them up. My doctrine lines up mostly with COGM with their main webpage: HERE
Is there a place that lists all of the banned topics in one location? How can new members know all of the banned topics? I did see one mentioned somewhere. I'm not sure where I found it now, but I know to steer clear. Maybe new members just need to read all of the new member stuff, lol.

Butterflyyy

Oct 31, 2019
Well, certain topics are banned on the forum as a whole. We chance getting banned altogether when we bring them up. My doctrine lines up mostly with COGM with their main webpage: HERE
Deade I came across this and I was worried about you being involved in the New Apostolic Reformation which is a deception. I realise there are those who swing too far the other way and they are not correct either, but please prayerfully consider what is really going on here. The NAR is dangerous. 🦋x

Status
Not open for further replies.