Hello friends! There is a guy from my home church whom I like. We belong to one fellowship group. Every month, we have a potluck. I want to cook something to impress him. I don't know what he likes. I just know he doesn't like spicy food. Any ideas?
If he doesn't like spicy food then you have eliminated 75% of South Asian dishes.
The safest options then are Continental or Italian.
Try ravioli. If you are a good cook then you can experiment. If you're not confident, better play it safe.
How about something grilled?
"Own special sauce" - I've no idea about your sauce so I can't comment.
It could work. Or maybe barbequed chicken wings topped with your special sauce and also with homemade tartar sauce.![]()
What's Cooking over here sounds like more than food? I would find out what his favorite cake or pie was and go straight to the dessert section.
Ohhh yeah!~ hmmm.. i think you are a good cook.
How about pansit or fresh lumpia.Hello friends! There is a guy from my home church whom I like. We belong to one fellowship group. Every month, we have a potluck. I want to cook something to impress him. I don't know what he likes. I just know he doesn't like spicy food. Any ideas?
Chicken wings with BBQ sauce and TARTAR SAUCE??"Own special sauce" - I've no idea about your sauce so I can't comment.
It could work. Or maybe barbequed chicken wings topped with your special sauce and also with homemade tartar sauce.![]()
I would also like to suggest that you might want to make it a point to find out if your crush has any food allergies.
I have a good friend whose sister nearly killed her off a few weeks ago by giving her a homemade recipe that was made with fish sauce... and my friend is deathly allergic to fish. And the kicker is, her sister KNOWS this... But alas.
Nothing says, "I'm interested," like sending your potential love interest to the ER... (Maybe you can then offer to nurse him back to health.)
Chicken wings with BBQ sauce and TARTAR SAUCE??
Say wha?
Make something with your special sauce. Work it into the conversation, and if he compliments you on the dish, you just "happen" to have an extra jar of it in your purse. Give him a short note of what meats and/or veggies are good with the sauce...and your phone # in case he has questions.