Could You Spend 3 Years on a Cruise Ship?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Would You Be Interested in a 3-Year, 130+ Country Cruise?

• I'm allergic to water -- especially if I'm surrounded by it. (We won't ask about baths or showers.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
That's too bad about the first one being cancelled. Based on scams you hear about, makes me wonder if the one just cancelled was a scam? Considering they are paying peeps back in installments, what was the organizing individual or company doing with the money pot? You'd think they'd start with 'securing a ship at a price' before they started taking money, or least before taking big money. It would have been in the company's interest to get a number of "bids" so they know what a good price is, and that would also give them plenty of backups if one ship dropped out. :geek:

Funny about the betting on predictions on babies and divorces too! You have any links to the youtubers? Sounds entertaining. :)
If just Google or even YouTube "3 Year Cruise" and then "3 1/2 Year Cruise," you're bound to find some answers to your questions.

It's been the talk of the town among the cruising community, so there's tons of information out there. :)

The first company was selling tickets without first securing a ship. They thought they had one secured but the deal fell through at the last minute.

I'm not sure if the first one was like this, but the second one is set up so that if people want to get off at one stop, do their own thing for a while (weeks or months?) and then get back on the ship at a different port at a later time (which could also mean it will be in a different country,) they can do so.

Definitely going to be an interesting trip! I'm subscribed to 2 YouTubers who aren't going on this cruise, but give a lot of updates on what's going on in the industry (La Vida Loca and Don's Family Vacations.)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
That's too bad about the first one being cancelled. Based on scams you hear about, makes me wonder if the one just cancelled was a scam? Considering they are paying peeps back in installments, what was the organizing individual or company doing with the money pot? You'd think they'd start with 'securing a ship at a price' before they started taking money, or least before taking big money. It would have been in the company's interest to get a number of "bids" so they know what a good price is, and that would also give them plenty of backups if one ship dropped out. :geek:

Funny about the betting on predictions on babies and divorces too! You have any links to the youtubers? Sounds entertaining. :)
Hmmm...

I'm reminded of a comedian who was talking about how some drug dealers will set up comedy shows as a way to raise capital fast, then cancel the shows.

1. Set up comedy show, schedule comedian, sell tickets.

2. Use ticket money to buy a large drug stash.

3. Sell drugs on the street for profit.

4. Cancel show and refund tickets.

Sometimes they didn't flip the drug stash fast enough, and wound up having to host a comedy show they were not planning on hosting. Nobody was happy about it, but they had to go through with it because they hadn't flipped the drugs fast enough.

Not saying this 3-year Cruise was anything like that... I can't imagine them buying a drug stash that would need this kind of investment... But now I am really wondering why they have to pay the would-be clients back in installments.

Dec 17, 2022
I could not do this. I would feel really anxious about being stuck on a ship for that long.

Although it would make a really cool reality tv series where they got random people to get on a cruise for like 6 months or a year and have them interact and do challenges. The last one standing wins money. haha I would watch it!

Tall_Timbers

Mar 31, 2023
Cheyenne WY
christiancommunityforum.com
$90K? I'd probably want an upgraded room... would have to see the rooms before I decided. A lot of people get islanditis on islands... I can imagine a lot of people getting islanitis by the 2nd or 3rd week of this cruise...

How many ports will the ship be stopping at in Sudan? The answer to that question might create a no-go situation...

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Call me Ariel and steal my voice, Im ready to go..... (Naturally I'd miss everyone, but It does sound like an adventure)
View attachment 249679

Naturally, If I ever did something so silly....25 years from now they'd make a movie about the insane people that went on this voyage only to get caught in a storm and wash up on some unexplored island where we all slpwly went crazy.
I'm surrounded by crazy people... oi vey

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
no, too long. i've been on 5 cruises, all 2 weeks each. i enjoy cruises very much but i like to move on to something else. for one, i'd miss my music, seeing bands & jamming with the guys. i could go on a cruise for 1 month but that's it. because i have many enjoyments, i would get bored on a 3 year cruise.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Ships require a lot of maintenance I think if a ship was cruising non stop for three years it would probably get quite worn out, plus how would they manage offloading and loading that many people at once.

To me it sounds like a scam for $$ for retired people to pay all that upfront and lock them in. If it was an honest travel agent doing it they could say well you could go all around the world in three years but just pay as you go. If someone really wanted to do that they would just keep extending their ticket. But to pay all that upfront when anything can happen wouldnt be wise.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
This reminds me of some immigration stories to nz. The New Zealand company sold tickets to people in Britian to come over here to make a new life but when they got here they were extremely disappointed that there wasnt already a town here waiting for them lol

The voyage was extremely long and then most were marooned and had to make the best they could cos no ships were really going the other way.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Some people really do practically live on cruise ships. Personally, I can think of much better uses for that kind of money.
yea the crew or the Captain.
Or mercy ships - they go round countries in Africa providing life saving medical care - for free. It's because they don't have land based hospitals there. You can go on them to volunteer, I suppose if you have the money and time.