CRA Christians in Recovery (anonymous)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
The above was borrowed From DRA which was borrowed from AA;

My name is Bob and I'm a grateful recovering sinner, saved by Grace and proud to say Jesus is Lord Welcome one and all. I'll open with Reinhold Niebuhr's Prayer for serenity;
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things that I can
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time; accepting hardship as a pathway to peace; Taking as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is; not as I would have it; Trusting that you will make all things right if I surrender to your will.... Amen?
Who'd like to share?

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"My name is 'Bingo' Bob...I am a grateful recovering alcoholic. My journey began over six
decades ago...four decades living life on my terms...only by the grace of God, and step three...
the past two decades, striving to live life.. on God's terms , by applying God's 'inspiration' of the
'principles' of life, here in the now...one day at a time...and it works so long as I work at it...
having had a spiritual 'enlightenment'...and applying principles laid out by AA...my life has
been renewed with new meaning and purpose. So this day as each day...I am grateful...
for I now know...by the grace of God...once I was lost...now I am found...this too...I know to be true...
I came...I came to...I came to believe....I'M Alive...I'M Alive...I'M Alive....by the grace of God."
'Praise God'

Attachments

Feb 24, 2019
I just loved reading every word of this thread.

Being part of this community is a big encouragement for me. And I thank God for bringing me here.

I am 1 of about 40 delivery drivers.
3 of us are Christians (so far!)
So most of my time is spent with people who still haven't realized God is missing from their life.

This site is like an oasis in the desert for me, because, even though I disagree with most people on here, I am encouraged because we have all embraced Jesus as Lord. So even though I read threads where people (including me) disagree, I know we all agree on the one big important thing that really matters.

So, as much as I am able, I will try hard to be more of an encouragement than a discouragement in any contribution I make here.

“Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age: homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—along with persecutions—and in the age to come eternal life. " ( Mark 29&30 )

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
That's the Idea. Jesus said "Come to me all who are weary and heavy laden. I will give you rest." Not go fix yourself first.
I can relate to getting rest. Some days I'm so tired and drained that I don't know how I ever make it through the work day. Yes, there are times that I feel weary and heavy laden and could certainly use God's rest.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
"My name is 'Bingo' Bob...I am a grateful recovering alcoholic. My journey began over six
decades ago...four decades living life on my terms...only by the grace of God, and step three...
the past two decades, striving to live life.. on God's terms , by applying God's 'inspiration' of the
'principles' of life, here in the now...one day at a time...and it works so long as I work at it...
having had a spiritual 'enlightenment'...and applying principles laid out by AA...my life has
been renewed with new meaning and purpose. So this day as each day...I am grateful...
for I now know...by the grace of God...once I was lost...now I am found...this too...I know to be true...
I came...I came to...I came to believe....I'M Alive...I'M Alive...I'M Alive....by the grace of God."
'Praise God'
It's good to be alive brother.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
"OMG!....Poof...And...this too was known from the beginning....:)
Maybe a recovery style 'cafeteria'...and, come as you are....all are welcome.....always open selections
on menu....lol..........little humor!...:)
'Praise God'..............United we stand....Divided we fall." View attachment 196571
I like that recovery style cafeteria concept and that merits considerable thought.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
I just loved reading every word of this thread.

Being part of this community is a big encouragement for me. And I thank God for bringing me here.

I am 1 of about 40 delivery drivers.
3 of us are Christians (so far!)
So most of my time is spent with people who still haven't realized God is missing from their life.

This site is like an oasis in the desert for me, because, even though I disagree with most people on here, I am encouraged because we have all embraced Jesus as Lord. So even though I read threads where people (including me) disagree, I know we all agree on the one big important thing that really matters.

So, as much as I am able, I will try hard to be more of an encouragement than a discouragement in any contribution I make here.

“Truly I tell you,” Jesus replied, “no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age: homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—along with persecutions—and in the age to come eternal life. " ( Mark 29&30 )
"Amen".....Welcome, and thanks for sharing."........:)

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
Howdy, sober member of A.A. here, and new to the forums. I knew I'd find some likeminded folk here!
"Hello 'Barefoot'.....Welcome!...Amen!...Are we not spread far and wide...:)....I think so...Thank God!...:)
Glad you found your way here."....:)
'Praise God' 563e0526621ea_man_praying_silhouette-resized-600-Copy_jpg_0b82847a16daaa9ce48d0ca8f14dc4d5 - C...png

SIMON55

Feb 15, 2019
MO,OK,AR
As Christians we know the Higher Powers name is Jesus Christ. We believe in building upon the Rock here. The rest goes like this;

Just for today,
  • Today, I will be free of addictive substances.
  • Today, I will follow a healthy plan to manage my emotional or psychiatric illness.
  • Today, I will practice the Twelve Steps.

1. We admitted we were powerless over our dual illness of chemical dependency and emotional or psychiatric illness - that our lives had become unmanageable.
  2. Came to believe that a Higher Power of our understanding could restore us to sanity.
  3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of our Higher Power, to help us to rebuild our lives in a positive and caring way.
  4. Made a searching and fearless personal inventory of ourselves.
  5. Admitted to our Higher Power, to ourselves, and to another human being, the exact nature of our liabilities and our assets.
  6. Were entirely ready to have our Higher Power remove all our liabilities.
  7. Humbly asked our Higher Power to remove these liabilities and to help us to strengthen our assets for recovery.
  8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
  9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
  10. Continued to take personal inventory and when wrong promptly admitted it, while continuing to recognize our progress in dual recovery.
  11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with our Higher Power, praying only for knowledge of our Higher Power's will for us and the power to carry that out.
  12. Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to others who experience dual disorders and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

Im just grateful when I finally made into AA the steps were uncomplicated and fewest words ..... .
also went to a few NA meetings with people I knew even though alcohol was my chosen substance.....
.......only went to a few because their textbook had gone through three revisions and it was mass confusion and people weren't reading from the same books.
..........made me think I don't know how these folk will ever stay clean.......
.........so only AA for me after that.....100 meetings in 100 days to start off......
I worked it and it worked.
Honestly though I was a bit of a tough nut to crack....
........took me 9 months on my knees to get my moral inventory done.......
.......But the good Lord was faithful to keep me sober one day at a time like I asked and thanked him for.
..... I wasn't church raised but had a childrens bible and the fundamental. Truth exposure
and didn't suffer from higher power confusion.....The God of my understanding was Our Father who art in heaven and our savior Jesus Christ.....
..........When I finally completed my moral inventory and prayed over it.....his Holy Spirit came and washed it all away.
Healed me baptized me and removed the obsession to think insanely...........
.........I knew real gratitude and Peace serenity and love for the first time......1987........
........I understood that if God loved me and my worthless life that much......to come and heal me......as long as I continued to trust in him it didn't matter what happened the rest of my life......
..........Because he had saved my life......and it belonged to him.😀
......it takes whatever it takes for each of us to turn our will and life over to him.......we choose where are bottom is and when we are finally sick and tired of being sick and tired.......for me it took 7 dui blackouts dt's hallucinations failed relations shame etc.
..........I think if God could love a drunken fornicator like me then he can and does love everyone......
Keep coming back it works if you work it!!!
.......Fake it till you make it if you need to!!!
K.I.S.S.........keep it simple stupid!!!
When that stinking thinking starts.....tell it get thee behind me satan.. . ...and if that's not God......get out!!!
You can overcome by the loving mercy and true amazing grace of God one breath one step at a time.
..........line upon line precept on precept step after step......
By his Grace and for his Glory!
All praise be his!!!😀

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I like that recovery style cafeteria concept and that merits considerable thought.
I have heard people say, "Take what you want and leave the rest." Others will be more militant about it, and say you have to do this and you have to do that, but such an attitude does not often fly well. We cannot force people, and in fact, willingness is key. The program is said to be for those who want it. Those who want what it offers, are willing to do the work, and they do what they can, as they are able. For me, it was slow going. I listened a lot at first, to people sharing their stories, especially to their challenges, struggles, pain, and suffering, for their disclosures articulated for me things I could not put into words for myself. Their ability to be so openly honest about their character defects, and laugh at themselves despite their shortcomings, was very attractive to me :) I took what I needed, and left the rest. The rest I could not even really hear at first. I wasn't there yet :D

S

Susanna

I’m an adrenaline addicted person. That has made me make many choices that haven’t been good for my loved ones nor me.

BarefootTX

Mar 31, 2019
San Antonio, Texas
Im just grateful when I finally made into AA the steps were uncomplicated and fewest words ..... .
also went to a few NA meetings with people I knew even though alcohol was my chosen substance.....
.......only went to a few because their textbook had gone through three revisions and it was mass confusion and people weren't reading from the same books.
..........made me think I don't know how these folk will ever stay clean.......
.........so only AA for me after that.....100 meetings in 100 days to start off......
I worked it and it worked.
Honestly though I was a bit of a tough nut to crack....
........took me 9 months on my knees to get my moral inventory done.......
.......But the good Lord was faithful to keep me sober one day at a time like I asked and thanked him for.
..... I wasn't church raised but had a childrens bible and the fundamental. Truth exposure
and didn't suffer from higher power confusion.....The God of my understanding was Our Father who art in heaven and our savior Jesus Christ.....
..........When I finally completed my moral inventory and prayed over it.....his Holy Spirit came and washed it all away.
Healed me baptized me and removed the obsession to think insanely...........
.........I knew real gratitude and Peace serenity and love for the first time......1987........
........I understood that if God loved me and my worthless life that much......to come and heal me......as long as I continued to trust in him it didn't matter what happened the rest of my life......
..........Because he had saved my life......and it belonged to him.😀
......it takes whatever it takes for each of us to turn our will and life over to him.......we choose where are bottom is and when we are finally sick and tired of being sick and tired.......for me it took 7 dui blackouts dt's hallucinations failed relations shame etc.
..........I think if God could love a drunken fornicator like me then he can and does love everyone......
Keep coming back it works if you work it!!!
.......Fake it till you make it if you need to!!!
K.I.S.S.........keep it simple stupid!!!
When that stinking thinking starts.....tell it get thee behind me satan.. . ...and if that's not God......get out!!!
You can overcome by the loving mercy and true amazing grace of God one breath one step at a time.
..........line upon line precept on precept step after step......
By his Grace and for his Glory!
All praise be his!!!😀
Couldn't have said it better myself!

BarefootTX

Mar 31, 2019
San Antonio, Texas
I’m an adrenaline addicted person. That has made me make many choices that haven’t been good for my loved ones nor me.
Howdy! What have you done to curb these things that are setting you back? Has it made things unmanageable?