CRA Christians in Recovery (anonymous)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
THE TWELVE STEPS & RELATED SCRIPTURE

STEP ONE - We admitted we were powerless over alcohol -- that our lives had become unmanageable.

~I know that nothing good lives in me, that is in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. (Romans 7:18)
STEP TWO - Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
~For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to His good purpose. (Philippians 2:13)
STEP THREE - Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
~Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship. (Romans 12:1)
STEP FOUR - MADE A SEARCHING AND FEARLESS MORAL INVENTORY OF OURSELVES.
~Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord. (Lamentations 3:40)
STEP FIVE - ADMITTED TO GOD, TO OURSELVES, AND TO ANOTHER HUMAN BEING THE EXACT NATURE OF OUR WRONGS.
~Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. (James 5:16a)
STEP SIX - WERE ENTIRELY READY TO HAVE GOD REMOVE ALL THESE DEFECTS OF CHARACTER.
~Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up. (James 4:10)
STEP SEVEN - HUMBLY ASKED HIM TO REMOVE OUR SHORTCOMINGS.
~If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9)
STEP EIGHT - Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
~Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. (Luke 6:31)
STEP NINE - Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
~Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift. (Matthew 5:23-24)
STEP TEN - Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
~So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall. (1 Corinthians 10:12)
STEP ELEVEN - Sought though prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for the knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
~Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly. (Colossians 3:16a)
STEP TWELVE - Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
~Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. (Galatians 6:1)

563e0526621ea_man_praying_silhouette-resized-600-Copy_jpg_0b82847a16daaa9ce48d0ca8f14dc4d5 - C...png

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
This is a christian site and I feel identifying Krishna, Mohamed, Buddha, ash trays or group conscience as the higher power is a LIE. The only real higher power is the one and only triune God. Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The only problem is how to filter out the haters, law mongers and deniers'.
We will never be completely able to eradicate these false faiths while the devil is alive, only Jesus will be able to do that when he comes again. I think we should keep spreading the good message to whoever we can, and do our bit of restraining the devils works in this world.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Since I've been gone I caught Pneumonia. Had Congestive Heart Failure, was struck by a hit and run driver. Was put under quarantine in a rest home (because of my age and COPD). Had a clinical depression. My doctors canceled all outpatient appointments due to C-19 and ran out of medication and had a roommate die of COVID!

Guess what? Jesus still saves!!! My head is straight now. My health is getting back on track. I can walk about 1/2 mile (and do so most every day). I never gave up or lost faith. JESUS IS LORD!

I'm back!
Grateful Im Not Dead (2).jpg

1Hallelujah!a

Praise God in His sanctuary.

Praise Him in His mighty heavens.

2Praise Him for His mighty acts;

praise Him for His excellent greatness.

3Praise Him with the sound of the horn;

praise Him with the harp and lyre.

4Praise Him with tambourine and dancing;

praise Him with strings and flute.

5Praise Him with clashing cymbals;

praise Him with resounding cymbals.

6Let everything that has breath praise the LORD!

Hallelujah!

(Now for the daily reprieve from our Partners in Hope, B.C.)

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2020 - STEP FOUR - FEARLESS FOCUS ON MYSELF.
When we come to Step 4 in the 12-Step program we are asked to focus on ourselves and make a searching and fearless moral inventory. We are not to focus on anyone else or on the impact they may have had on our lives. We are to concentrate on ourselves and truthfully admit that it was our own decision making that got us to where we are today. We are the ones who chose our way of life and in some instances ignored any good advice that others may have offered us.

My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words. Don’t lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body. (Proverbs 4:20-22 NLT)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
God knows we need you here in good health. All blessings in Jesus-Yeshua..j

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
Hi Calibob,

Glad to hear that you are in recovery..
---
More of His restoration/healing power to you.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Since I've been gone I caught Pneumonia. Had Congestive Heart Failure, was struck by a hit and run driver. Was put under quarantine in a rest home (because of my age and COPD). Had a clinical depression. My doctors canceled all outpatient appointments due to C-19 and ran out of medication and had a roommate die of COVID!

Guess what? Jesus still saves!!! My head is straight now. My health is getting back on track. I can walk about 1/2 mile (and do so most every day). I never gave up or lost faith. JESUS IS LORD!

I'm back!
View attachment 222268

1Hallelujah!a

Hallelujah!

When we come to Step 4 in the 12-Step program we are asked to focus on ourselves and make a searching and fearless moral inventory. We are not to focus on anyone else or on the impact they may have had on our lives. We are to concentrate on ourselves and truthfully admit that it was our own decision making that got us to where we are today. We are the ones who chose our way of life and in some instances ignored any good advice that others may have offered us.

My child, pay attention to what I say. Listen carefully to my words. Don’t lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body. (Proverbs 4:20-22 NLT)

My friend I am so sorry I had no idea, you have had to go through so much and still made it through. these times are very hard for everyone and things are going to heat up in how bad things are going to get but trust me your suffering is only going to bring you that much good I have a feeling there is a light on the horizon in the midst of this darkness

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
My friend I am so sorry I had no idea, you have had to go through so much and still made it through. these times are very hard for everyone and things are going to heat up in how bad things are going to get but trust me your suffering is only going to bring you that much good I have a feeling there is a light on the horizon in the midst of this darkness
Things are turning around praise the Lord! No doubt about it. The owners of the independent/transitional residence invited me to stay at their family home for the time being. There is talk of getting another home for seniors and or nursing home patients to transition back into society and myself becoming part of the staff. I have explained to them the Christian origin of the 12 step program and how it is beneficial to all sorts of problems. Not just for alcoholics and/or addicts. They love it and are very fond of me. All I wanted was to be of service in some kind of way and help others.

In spite of a very traumatic year so far I have more compassion, empathy and understanding of nursing home survivors due to first hand experience. Perhaps the Lord was preparing me for a new mission but I needed to be tested and tempered by fire. The end result is I have more faith and gratitude than ever before. As long as the Lord has a use for me in this world, I'll be happy to serve but when he calls me home I'll be even happier.

Have you ever read the serenity prayer? Here is the the complete article (in english)

Serenity prayer long.jpg

God isn't done with me yet!
Thank you for your encouragement. PTL, calibob.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Things are turning around praise the Lord! No doubt about it. The owners of the independent/transitional residence invited me to stay at their family home for the time being. There is talk of getting another home for seniors and or nursing home patients to transition back into society and myself becoming part of the staff. I have explained to them the Christian origin of the 12 step program and how it is beneficial to all sorts of problems. Not just for alcoholics and/or addicts. They love it and are very fond of me. All I wanted was to be of service in some kind of way and help others.

In spite of a very traumatic year so far I have more compassion, empathy and understanding of nursing home survivors due to first hand experience. Perhaps the Lord was preparing me for a new mission but I needed to be tested and tempered by fire. The end result is I have more faith and gratitude than ever before. As long as the Lord has a use for me in this world, I'll be happy to serve but when he calls me home I'll be even happier.

Have you ever read the serenity prayer? Here is the the complete article (in english)

View attachment 222273

God isn't done with me yet!
Thank you for your encouragement. PTL, calibob.
Yes usually going through these kinds of things tend to make us more understanding having more empathy and love and faith this is why I thank God for all I have gone through because had I not I would never had had such a tender heart for people who suffer I have found that suffering is often times the best teacher. I used to visit my grandma in a home for the elderly I have always had a soft spot for the elderly and the way I interacted with all the residences I was told by the workers there I would be perfect for this line of work

And yeah that prayer is one I have loved to read it is so simple yet so inspiring

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Yes usually going through these kinds of things tend to make us more understanding having more empathy and love and faith this is why I thank God for all I have gone through because had I not I would never had had such a tender heart for people who suffer I have found that suffering is often times the best teacher. I used to visit my grandma in a home for the elderly I have always had a soft spot for the elderly and the way I interacted with all the residences I was told by the workers there I would be perfect for this line of work

And yeah that prayer is one I have loved to read it is so simple yet so inspiring
FYI; I use the green checkmark as my amen button. I appreciate and welcome your input as well as any other people with a positive and grateful attitude. TTFN, Cali.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019

I'm back!
View attachment 222268

1Hallelujah!a

Hallelujah!

'Amen'

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011

I'm back!
View attachment 222268

1Hallelujah!a

Hallelujah!

Praise God he carried you through all these trials. It is a miracle!

I noticed you were MIA, but had no idea what happened. If possible, leave a note on this thread, or in the prayer room, and we can all join in to pray for you if anything happens.

Take good care of yourself. I was prone to pneumonias. Last winter was the first time I did not get sick. I attribute that to keeping isolated, and wearing my special, carbon filtered mask. Another piece of practical advice is to make sure you take a good quality Vitamin D, and zinc.

Stay healthy! God bless you as you return to action!!

Feb 28, 2016
WELCOME BACK Brother, you've been missed! -
WOW, talk about some refining-'trials'!!!
hub and I are so happy that you have come so far
in your recovering, may you continue on this brand-new path
with a renewed/stronger Faith and Love in your Holy Saviour...
GBY, hugs...
:):)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Great to see you back, Bob!

Praying for your continued healing and lifted spirits.

Thank you for being an inspiration. 🙂