creationist debate?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Reformyourself

Are there any creationist Christians out there?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
(Sticks up hand)

(and wonders why the OP included "debate?" in the thread title)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Would it be "creationist" if I believe our Maker can do anything He desires with no effort whatsoever? If so, then I msut be within that asrea somewhat.

Feb 1, 2020
Lol this is like asking if there are any apples in an apple pie.

R

Reformyourself

I’m talking 6 day creation, if that makes any difference...I have been led to believe that some ‘believers’ do not accept Genesis as the literal account.

E

eternally-gratefull

You correct and I am a YEC

Sep 14, 2019
I'm an old earth/universe creationist and i take Genesis to be literal but the 7 days are long periods of earth time.

R

Reformyourself

I'm an old earth/universe creationist and i take Genesis to be literal but the 7 days are long periods of earth time.
Aaah finally. 😊 So what makes you think the days are longer than 24 hrs?

R

Reformyourself

642082AA-3D0B-48BD-AE1E-F225439CE768.jpeg 642082AA-3D0B-48BD-AE1E-F225439CE768.jpeg

Sep 14, 2019
Aaah finally. 😊 So what makes you think the days are longer than 24 hrs?
The Hebrew word "yom" can mean 12 hour morning to evening day, 24 hour day or a long period of time but with a beginning and end. As we see in Genesis 2 the word "yom" means the whole creation week. The Hebrew language did not have any other word to use if the writer wanted to define God's days as long periods of time.

R

Reformyourself

The fermentation of wine generally takes a minimum of 2 weeks, and then 2-3 weeks of aging before it's even ready to bottle. The longer you bottle your wine, the better the results.

How long did it take Jesus to turn water into wine at Cana? My Question is: why did it only take Him 6 days to create the universe, when He could have done it in a split second (like the wine) 👍

R

Reformyourself

The Hebrew word "yom" can mean 12 hour morning to evening day, 24 hour day or a long period of time but with a beginning and end. As we see in Genesis 2 the word "yom" means the whole creation week. The Hebrew language did not have any other word to use if the writer wanted to define God's days as long periods of time.
Why then is every other use of ‘yom’ In the O/T a literal day? (And not questioned?)

Sep 14, 2019
The fermentation of wine generally takes a minimum of 2 weeks, and then 2-3 weeks of aging before it's even ready to bottle. The longer you bottle your wine, the better the results.

How long did it take Jesus to turn water into wine at Cana? My Question is: why did it only take Him 6 days to create the universe, when He could have done it in a split second (like the wine) 👍
Here is a short video and diagram of how i believe creation took place and the beginning and end of the bible from Genesis to Revelation. So, to answer your question...yes, i believe the initial creation was very rapid but the next creation took a long period of earth time.

http://mobilelaz.com/judgementday/creation.mp4

http://mobilelaz.com/judgementday/creationdays.png

Sep 14, 2019
Why then is every other use of ‘yom’ In the O/T a literal day? (And not questioned?)
i just told you of another instance when the word 'yom' was used in Gen 2 to refer to the entire 6 day creation week.