Crocodile Kills Pastor

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

becc

Mar 4, 2018
Wow!!:eek::confused:

Stunnedbygrace

Nov 12, 2015
It makes me ask why God would allow that to happen when those are brand new believers getting baptized...and it recalls to mind how He didn't take Israel by a straight route because He knew if they experienced war right away they would turn back.

It also makes me mad at the pastor, who probably surely had to know the area was infested with crocodiles...I mean it says the area is known for a very heavy crocodile population!

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
I wonder if he was testing God by baptizing in a heavily infested crocodile area, sort of like when someone reaches their arm into a lion's cage.

Stunnedbygrace

Nov 12, 2015
I don't know, zero. I sure don't want to speak ill of the guy but I'm scratching my head over the whole thing.

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila
Maybe the devil was the one who directed the crocodile to kill the pastor.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Kind of make you appreciate the luxury of baptismals that most churches in the US have. Warm, clean, predator free water.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Rather foolish of the pastor to go into a water area known to be heavily populated by alligators. Common sense should have told him that there would be alligators in the water.. Bizarre yet sad..

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
It makes me ask why God would allow that to happen when those are brand new believers getting baptized...and it recalls to mind how He didn't take Israel by a straight route because He knew if they experienced war right away they would turn back.

It also makes me mad at the pastor, who probably surely had to know the area was infested with crocodiles...I mean it says the area is known for a very heavy crocodile population!
God only knows what was in the pastor's heart at that moment.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
Probably that he made a VERY bad choice at choosing gator-infested water to do his baptisms..
He indeed made a bad choice; I myself would never do that! Of course he knew the water was infested with crocodiles, but what made him do that? Was he just a victim of false teachings? Did he not know that we shall not tempt the Lord our God?

C

claysmithr

Maybe God killed him to stop the 80 other new believers from being killed too soon...

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
He indeed made a bad choice; I myself would never do that! Of course he knew the water was infested with crocodiles, but what made him do that? Was he just a victim of false teachings? Did he not know that we shall not tempt the Lord our God?

Maybe he just assumed that with so many people there, the gators would get scared away..

L

LaVieEnRose

Oh, I don’t know- it’s kind of a good death for a pastor, at least he was not involved in some sort of illegal activity during his death. He died baptizing people, that’s a good death for a pastor. He died in the harness.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Makes me wonder who didnt confess their sins. The pastor or the crocodile