cutting and pasting pictures...

  • Thread starter Thread starter joefizz
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Cool

Things were less complicated before we got all this technology
 
well I never use the pictures in such a way that someone will think they are mine,I just use them for silly fun,still I kind of feel like I'm getting the run around can't one of you just plainly say yes or no,if it is wrong to cut and paste pictures?
I mean I took a website class on this sort of thing but that was quite a while back,but I do know that it is not something to kid about.
if I continue to get no answer then I'll just stop posting pictures to be cautious...

I gave you the definition. So you could determine for yourself. I never took a class.
 
But you do need for watermarks on pictures, or ones that say "copyright" or have a "C" on them..
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh,what is a "watermark"??? all my pictures I mainly cut and paste from giphy.com,do you mind explaining what you mean?
 
This is a watermarked photo. Since I need to give attribution, this photo is courtesy of dreamstime.com.. I got this one direct from their site, to use as an illustration in this post. It is not one of the many free photos that I use on here.


. little-cats-20284533.jpg


uhhhhhhhhhhhhh,what is a "watermark"??? all my pictures I mainly cut and paste from giphy.com,do you mind explaining what you mean?
 
This is a watermarked photo. Since I need to give attribution, this photo is courtesy of dreamstime.com.. I got this one direct from their site, to use as an illustration in this post. It is not one of the many free photos that I use on here.


. View attachment 172018
ok but I don't see what you are trying to say,does it mean each time I post any picture that I must have some form of tribute to the site I got it from,like stating the site it's from or when I cut and paste is this done for me???
because I know somewhat of what you mean,mainly I don't want to get banned for something I may have been doing that I don't quite understand.
 
Do you see the "dreamstime" word written across the face of the kitten in front? That's a watermark..

ok but I don't see what you are trying to say,does it mean each time I post any picture that I must have some form of tribute to the site I got it from,like stating the site it's from or when I cut and paste is this done for me???
because I know somewhat of what you mean,mainly I don't want to get banned for something I may have been doing that I don't quite understand.
 
Do you see the "dreamstime" word written across the face of the kitten in front? That's a watermark..
sheesh that was tough to see okay I get you,I had to zoom in alot to see the word,but yeah I saw it,so now I understand what you were saying,as long as it has something in the picture representing the site you got it from you can post it,would that be correct?
 
200w.gif
giphy.com
so would this be okay even though it doesn't have a water mark since I put the site?
 
A watermark isn't your job, it is what the ones making the pictures do.

and no, you don't have to add the site name for random gif's.

but if you find a photo of a named photographer you should refer to his / her name when posting the picture :)
 
sheesh that was tough to see okay I get you,I had to zoom in alot to see the word,but yeah I saw it,so now I understand what you were saying,as long as it has something in the picture representing the site you got it from you can post it,would that be correct?
That means it is copy right material and can only be used with permission or else the watermark is such an ugly disfigurement to the image no sane person would really want to use it though people still do LOL. In fact some watermarks are deliberately applied to discourage use, like this:

1138245-Clipart-Of-A-Beautiful-Single-Pink-Rose-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration.jpg
 
A watermark isn't your job, it is what the ones making the pictures do.

and no, you don't have to add the site name for random gif's.

but if you find a photo of a named photographer you should refer to his / her name when posting the picture :)
ok I think I grasp how to "properly" post Gifs/pictures now.
 
thank you all for your help in helping me not to go bonkers,from worry of if I violated the rules here and guiding me through the ins and outs of what is allowed.
 
I see no watermark on this image... just dew drops :)

84f601d567b8e88fc69d519287da5054.jpg
I am pretty sure than any image referenced directly with a URL is perfectly okay to do so without "additional" attribution.

For example, the URL from Magenta's picture above is:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/84/f6/01/84f601d567b8e88fc69d519287da5054.jpg
 
I just read all the rules of CC,and it said something about plagiarism concerning pasting pictures,I'm a bit worried now,I've been cutting and pasting the images I like to my posts from sites,because I use a phone and can't upload pictures,was this wrong for me to do or is this still ok for me to do,please tell me!

I want to pull a picture of a good looking woman off the internet to be using as an avatar, so that people will think I'm good looking;). How do I do that with a phone?
 
sheesh that was tough to see okay I get you,I had to zoom in alot to see the word,but yeah I saw it,so now I understand what you were saying,as long as it has something in the picture representing the site you got it from you can post it,would that be correct?

Our rule pertaining to plagiarism was primarily put into place because of users who would copy and paste quantities of text without giving proper credit to the original source thus (whether intentionally or not) passing the material off as their own original idea.

As far as pictures go, you should check the policies of the site you are sourcing from to see what their copyright policies are.
 
I want to pull a picture of a good looking woman off the internet to be using as an avatar, so that people will think I'm good looking;). How do I do that with a phone?
wouldn't that be lieing though? lol,just kidding,Magenta and Winerose use beautiful women avatars as for what one's to use I would ask blue lady bug about this.