Daily Adventure Journal

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Starting to get prepared for yet another hurricane which is due to hit the east coast of Florida sometime Tuesday morning. Already filled the gas tank, did that yesterday and even though the hurricane is yet several days away it was a chaotic experience as people seemed a little desperate. Currently, due to the present track and expectation that it will weaken considerable before hitting Tampa / St. Petersburg, we will be hunkering down once again. I pray that God spares our home and car and keeps us safe as well as everyone else in the storm's path. This is very much an anxious time. May God watch over us all.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Starting to get prepared for yet another hurricane which is due to hit the east coast of Florida sometime Tuesday morning. Already filled the gas tank, did that yesterday and even though the hurricane is yet several days away it was a chaotic experience as people seemed a little desperate. Currently, due to the present track and expectation that it will weaken considerable before hitting Tampa / St. Petersburg, we will be hunkering down once again. I pray that God spares our home and car and keeps us safe as well as everyone else in the storm's path. This is very much an anxious time. May God watch over us all.
Praying for all there from here, and, it is always good to let us, your family, know to pray for specifics...May all be well and blessed for you j

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Just catching up on some of the happenings in your life recently, Jerry... I do not know how I missed this thread most of the year, though it is true I have not been as active on the site as I once was, having other, gosh, I do not want to say "other things" but you know what I mean, my time is fairly evenly divided between work and home and though I am online much of those times, I am texting or conversing with Bob for a good deal of it. I saw your post in SYM also about Tess and Joseph, and wish to add my congratulations to them also :) I know that she will be a positive, steadying influence on his daughters :)

Bob had a gut feeling about needing to back up his computer files and did so just a few days ago and then his computer, which was a cobbled together dinosaur, went kaput yesterday. It was possibly only the second time I have not spoken directly with him for hours every day since we connected with each other almost a year ago. Earlier today he had the temporary use of his son's laptop, which was such a treat! Better camera and no need for a head set for Bob, wow, modern technology really is changing people's lives.

I hope y'all are staying safe, where ever you may be :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Just catching up on some of the happenings in your life recently, Jerry... I do not know how I missed this thread most of the year, though it is true I have not been as active on the site as I once was, having other, gosh, I do not want to say "other things" but you know what I mean, my time is fairly evenly divided between work and home and though I am online much of those times, I am texting or conversing with Bob for a good deal of it. I saw your post in SYM also about Tess and Joseph, and wish to add my congratulations to them also :) I know that she will be a positive, steadying influence on his daughters :)

Bob had a gut feeling about needing to back up his computer files and did so just a few days ago and then his computer, which was a cobbled together dinosaur, went kaput yesterday. It was possibly only the second time I have not spoken directly with him for hours every day since we connected with each other almost a year ago. Earlier today he had the temporary use of his son's laptop, which was such a treat! Better camera and no need for a head set for Bob, wow, modern technology really is changing people's lives.

I hope y'all are staying safe, where ever you may be :)
The hurricane will turn north just before hitting the Atlantic side of Florida. We live on the gulf coast so it won't impact us much except for an occasional sub-tropical wind gust and a little rain. Actually, we will probably just have typical weather for this time of the year. Of course, this hurricane is proving to be unpredictable as it is such a slow moving one. So, the east coast will be impacted but it should not be catastrophic if it stays on its current predicted path. It would be horrific if it cut across Florida but hopefully this will not happen.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Have you had that dental work yet¿ Which did you decide upon¿ Whatever it is, I pray it work well. All blessings, J

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Have you had that dental work yet¿ Which did you decide upon¿ Whatever it is, I pray it work well. All blessings, J
Last week a mold was made and sent off to the lab. Next step, to see how a wax impression fits. This will happen next week. Sometime by the end of the month I should finally have a set of high quality dentures that are a perfect fit. Really, all I want to do is to be able to properly chew a carrot without choking and maybe munch on a few celery sticks. Right now, I'm trending towards ranch dressing. Gonna be living large finally.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Remember they are to be your teeth! They will be great, I believe, amen.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Remember they are to be your teeth! They will be great, I believe, amen.
Thank you for your kindness, support and prayer. In the scheme of things this may seem like a small matter but it's very important to me.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
My sentiments exactly. Also your welfare is important to us all...no sore spots in th eBody...All blessings and care in Jesus, Yeshua.....

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My wife and I received our $2400 stimulus check today in the mail. We will use a portion of it to have a plumber replace the toilet in our master bedroom and get the bathtub in the other bedroom to drain properly. Now, getting the toilet paper may still be problematic but we did score a 24 mega roll pack of Charmin from Walmart. Com a couple weeks ago so we are still good in that regard.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
The sale of our home is closing tomorrow. Tentatively, our plan is to stay with my brother in Orlando for a few days until the funds from the sale of our home is available. We are in the process of purchasing a house in Tennessee and obtaining a mortgage. Either way we are heading to Tennessee because the movers have our stuff and is in their storage unit in Chattanooga. I most likely will not be on CC for at least a couple weeks and is so, just sparingly. Prayers are appreciated for things to go well at the closing, that my brother allows us to stay for a few days, obtaining the new mortgage and for a successful purchase of a new home. Another chapter of this journal is starting again. God bless all our friends on this wonderful site.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
May God bless you both and all the endeavor of your needs these very critical days.

It is a big change for you. May Tennessee be a good and blessed home for you. May your brother be in all good spirit receiving you for a time. God speed in Messiah...

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Our house closed on Friday. We stopped off in Orlando to visit my brother for a couple days before heading north. Last night, Sunday my brother and I had to take my wife Darlene to the hospital as she got bad pains in her head and trouble breathing. Doctors are running tests on her heart, lungs, and treating for fluid build-up. Nothing conclusive yet but she will remain in the hospital for at least 2 more days for further tests and hopefully effective treatment. Prayers are appreciated as this is a very troubling time for us with our move to Tennessee without a home yet to go to and now the hospital. I thank God that my brother and his family are gracious enough to let us stay with them in the meantime. Her daughter is with us too along with 3 cats. I will check back later.
s

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Praying here. May the Mrs. recover quickly and be well for your moving and setting up the new home. Praying. God bless you and all the family.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I should be able to provide a prognosis tomorrow. On the plus side Darlene is feeling much better and in good spirits. I spend hours each day with her. Tomorrow a procedure is planned and if effective she may be released tomorrow. Thank you for your prayers my good friend and I will say a special prayer for you and those that you love. You have been very supportive of me through the years and I sincerely appreciate the person that you are, by the grace of God and you allowing the Holy Spirit to guide you during your life's journey.

Feb 28, 2016
tour,
surely you must know, and JL as well, the many Brothers and Sisters on this site that Love you Both, beyond!!!
many are unable to express their feelings, especially one-on-one -
of course we are all keeping you and your future in our prayers, even if we don't write them out for every one to see...

you know that hub and I have reached out to you both in many ways, phone, email, etc. -
we're here for you both, as well as so many who Love and Appreciate your precious spirits...

:):)=hugs...

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
tour,
surely you must know, and JL as well, the many Brothers and Sisters on this site that Love you Both, beyond!!!
many are unable to express their feelings, especially one-on-one -
of course we are all keeping you and your future in our prayers, even if we don't write them out for every one to see...

you know that hub and I have reached out to you both in many ways, phone, email, etc. -
we're here for you both, as well as so many who Love and Appreciate your precious spirits...

:):)=hugs...
You both are dear friends. Darlene was released from the hospital yesterday afternoon and is feeling better. We are still staying at my brother's home in Orlando and will start out for Tennessee either Sat or Sun. God bless you both and all of my dear friends on CC.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
What doesn't kill us can only make us stronger. At least that is how the saying goes but I believe that there is an element of spiritual truth to that.

My wife and I are getting up in years and she wanted an adventure of moving to Tennessee from Florida where we have lived for years. We sold our comfortable townhome in Clearwater and for the last month we have been living in motels waiting for the closing of our smaller new home later this month in Jamestown, which is very old and lacking the amenities such as many choices shopping and restaurants. On the plus side there is less traffic and hopefully, with the down-size are monthly expenses will be lower.

I had to resign my position and until we move in will be unemployed. Hopefully, I will only have to work part-time instead of the many hours that I used to work.

Also, her adult daughter (40) has been living with us for over 1 1/2 years and is with us too. Together, there are 3 of us with 3 cats and we are paying for her expenses too. My wife has made it clear that once we get settled in she must find a job to help out with expenses and save for her own place. I have lived in many places but her daughter only knows the Tampa / St. Pete / Clearwater area. She is very unhappy here but she has had months and months to find another job to replace the one that she quit because she couldn't handle the stress, and find another place to live besides with us. I can sympathize with her but there is a thin line between being helpful verses being an enabler.

Oh, yeah, it's much colder here than Florida and is currently snowing. Not good. Still, I will enjoy the change of seasons which I have not had for years. Just got to get through the winter.

I just really want a peaceful life with my wife and work part-time if at all. Perhaps learn to bake bread and stuff like that. This has been a very stressful year for all of us. but I intend to make the most of it because I love my wife.

Yes, life is a series of adventure but well worth the cost of admission. Many such journey's are possible.

It's not so bad if you think about it.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
After moving from Florida to Tennessee I took 2021 off from work. Actually, I was planning on staying retired. In the beginning of the new year, I decided that it wouldn't hurt to work a few hours a day for a couple days a week, so I got a job cleaning the lobby at my local McDonald's. My intention is to stay for a year and then retire full-time again. Gradually, this has turned into 8 hours a day, 5 days a week job.

I have received many compliments on how clean the floors and toilets are. Actually, there was no mention about the toilets, but I have received countless compliments regarding the cleanliness of the lobby. For the month of March, I was voted by management for the employee of the month award. Got a thankyou and a $25 Walmart card. It was much appreciated.

There is this cashier who is stationed at the front counter. Seems like I unintentionally took over his lobby position and is a bit resentful. He is also anal retentive. One day, he comes out to the lobby, looks at the door and said I missed a spot when cleaning the glass. Actually, it was glare from the sun. He is very chatty with the customers, very inquisitive, and always says, despite how the customer feels, "Have a great day". I believe that the word 'intrusive' actually describes his behavior. It seems that he likes to pry into a customer's personal details.

"Good morning Mrs. Smith. How's the problem with little Jonny wetting the bed coming along?"
"It's getting worse. He may need therapy"
"
Super! Have a great day!".

"Good afternoon, Betty Lou. Are the hemorrhoids getting any better?".
"No, still very painful".
"Outstanding! Would you like an apple pie today or maybe a strawberry?"

I guess by now you are getting the gist of these typical transaction conversations. Here is how I would have handled the typical conversation.

"You want fries with that?"
"No."
"Have a Great Dane."

Probably preferable than having a cow.

On second thought, I will keep these thoughts to myself and focus on taking out the trash and mopping the floors. It's OK, I'm just passing through.