Daily Adventure Journal

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Miri

Today, I got my first haircut of the year. For reasons unknown this always seems to be a traumatic experience for me and I tend to put it off as long as possible. Sort of like going to the dentist. That visitation is coming too. Sometime down the road. It's not a matter of priority but rather based on my tolerance for pain. My last trim of the hair was some time ago being the day after Christmas last year. It grows fast.

Admittedly, I am a procrastinator. It seems that to affect a positive change in me is as hard as pulling teeth. This must change. By the grace of God and with the love, support and understanding of my wife it will certainly happen.

To be honest I was starting to look like a hippy. A little long in the tooth. Not a flower child or power to the people type of hippy but getting a little shaggy and ragged otherwise. Getting my hair cut was my wife's idea. She is the brains of this operation. In fact, she insisted upon it and she came with me to make sure it was cut to her liking. I don't blame her, it's as she says, she just wanted me to look like her stud of a man.

Even though I'm employed she told the girl to cut my hair to look like I'm ready for a job interview. My wife says that I now look a whole lot better but she may need to touch it up a bit when she finds her little scissors. Put on the finishing touches.

Now I'm looking at the new me. I tend to reinvent myself every few months or so out of necessity to survive and to stay on top of the current situation. Gotta go with the flow. Or maybe it's time to change the dynamic. Anyways, I feel better. I feel like a sharp dressed man. Maybe I'll even start to thrive. It's been a long time coming.

Power to the people.

And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply"
So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why
He said "You look like a fine upstanding young man, I think you'll do"
So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"

so let me get this straight.

You went from this

To this

0de00f3d1fe2e25e74ac9ea2c9da879c.jpg

Yup I can see the benefits of getting your hair cut. Lol

Feb 28, 2016
I'd like to see the spool of thread a horse would eat......that's a lot of thread....
==================================================

Tourist,

just a share:

mostly horses' hay comes wrapped-up in some kind of twine and such - often, if the owners
don't remove it, which many don't, then they will eat it along with the hay...it often 'kills them,
but hub and I have found that the mineral oil will help them expel it...

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
==================================================

Tourist,

just a share:

mostly horses' hay comes wrapped-up in some kind of twine and such - often, if the owners
don't remove it, which many don't, then they will eat it along with the hay...it often 'kills them,
but hub and I have found that the mineral oil will help them expel it...
Poor horses....owners should do better to get the twine off the hay.... I learned my lesson of leaving it out in the open (thread that is) for the cat who is not to be trusted as the vet told us.... this one is not to be trusted....keeping my eye on him....

Caught Tango today pulling on a loop of a towel...yep he was pulling a thread out of the towel... chewing on it... really cat... didn't learn your lesson the first time....stopped him... what's next?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My wife and I saw the Fate of the Furious yesterday at the movies. We try to go on at least one date every other week or so to spice things up. Later today we probably will go to Applebee's for lunch. It could be considered a back to back date or maybe we are just hungry. Being married to her has been quite an adventure so far. We have faced a lot of adverse stuff together in the 2 plus years we have been married. Had some good times too. Things sort of have a way of balancing out. Today, and in the days to come I pray that I continue to be a loving and faithful husband to my darling wife. Tomorrow's only a day away.

M

Miri

My wife and I saw the Fate of the Furious yesterday at the movies. We try to go on at least one date every other week or so to spice things up. Later today we probably will go to Applebee's for lunch. It could be considered a back to back date or maybe we are just hungry. Being married to her has been quite an adventure so far. We have faced a lot of adverse stuff together in the 2 plus years we have been married. Had some good times too. Things sort of have a way of balancing out. Today, and in the days to come I pray that I continue to be a loving and faithful husband to my darling wife. Tomorrow's only a day away.

Aww thats so sweet :D

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Things have settled down after another computer related issue. I'm pretty sure that Tango the cat didn't damage the printer by walking over it or possibly hitting various buttons with his paws. It was obviously a coincidence. Yep.

The printer stopped working yesterday. The computer kept saying that the printer was turned off even though the green light was on. Called the Geek squad up, said it would be difficult to diagnose the problem because it was a wireless printer that had lost the connection between the router and computer. Suggested I purchase a USB cable, install it for diagnosing purposes and could then unhook it after the printer was working. So I went to Best Buy and bought a 6 ft. cable because that was long enough for solving the problem. The longer cables were much more costly.

Geek squad still couldn't fix the printer. Suggested we buy a new one. This morning we just purchased a basic printer that had to use a cable instead of wireless. We decided that having a wireless printer was not worth the hassle seeing how we had a few previous problems with it. Asked for a 1O ft cable as the 6 ft one was not long enough for a permanent installation. Could not return the 6 ft. cable which was a shame because it was kind of pricey. The Best Buy guy said that the cable he handed to us would work with our new HP printer. Got home and found it that it was not compatible. Went back to Best Buy. Got the correct cable finally and they gave us no hassle returning the other one as that was their fault.

Called the Geek Squad back. The agent was able to set up the new printer. Took about 30 - 45 minutes. Printer works great.

This latest fiasco set us back $270. We put it on a charge card. One of these years we will get the cards paid off to a more manageable level. I estimate that this will take about 2 plus years. Hopefully. Of course, this depends on what breaks down next. During the last 12 months we had to replace the dishwasher, oven, laptop and now a printer. The fridge is about 4 years old so it should be OK for a couple more years. I believe that the strange noises we sometimes hear are normal sounds related to the icemaker.

Not to worry.

M

Miri

You replaced the dishwasher :eek:

Does Jesuslives know. :p

Sorry couldn't resist. Maybe I should have asked does Tourist know. Lol

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You replaced the dishwasher :eek:

Does Jesuslives know. :p

Sorry couldn't resist. Maybe I should have asked does Tourist know. Lol
I'm just the pots and pans scrubber, the dishwasher handles the rest. I'm the loader and unloader. I use Cascade and Finish Rinse Aid. Bought a new can of Ajax scouring powder and green scrungy pads for cleaning the sink. I like to make a good impression. :)

Feb 28, 2016
=====================================================

Tourist,

you are definitely putting-out some brownie-points here, how precious...:):cool:
you may have a little 'ocd' going on here, we're waaayyy past MOST of our old-time ocding...:rolleyes:

no credit-cards here, just plain ole CASH or WAIT for us now...TYJ!

Last edited:

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
=====================================================

Tourist,

you are definitely putting-out some brownie-points here, how precious...:):cool:
you may have a little 'ocd' going on here, we're waaayyy past MOST of our old-time ocding...:rolleyes:

no credit-cards here, just plain ole CASH or WAIT for us now...TYJ!
This is where I want to be and all the breaking down of things you can't live without is starting to really get my goat....

Wait... I don't have a goat and I don't have money/cash either... Hard to go without a frig, stove, well I guess we could have gone without the dishwasher.... Had to save the one year old cat's one life left....he just used 8....

The computer and printer I use to make money so had to replace them.

I wish I was in debt for fun stuff... like vacations to exotic places and such but no such luck....

Feb 28, 2016
oh no Tour,

we must NEVER be in 'debt' to anyone, for then we are 'subject to them'...

in this 'fallen-world', what does anyone 'really-own', without our Father's gifting?...

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
My wife and I saw the Fate of the Furious yesterday at the movies.
Do you guys belong to an underground car club?
Do you secretly street race $15,000 cars that have $150,000 worth of upgrades on them?

...cause that would be super cool.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Do you guys belong to an underground car club?
Do you secretly street race $15,000 cars that have $150,000 worth of upgrades on them?

...cause that would be super cool.
Nah, we drive a Nissan Rogue (no expensive upgrades) above ground. :)

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I transform into something once in awhile sometimes it's not pretty....lol

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
On the way home from the store I got pulled over for running a stop sign. The officer left me off with a warning and told me to make sure I come to complete stops from now on. That was a fortunate break as I haven't had a ticket in over 20 years and really didn't need the unnecessary expense and hassle. God was looking out for me. Life is great and God is good.

M

Miri

I've heard of people talking about running stop signs - what are they?

Are they like traffic lights? I don't think we have many stop signs in the
Uk. People just stop at junctions, give way signs, traffic lights etc.
We are more likely to get caught out by speed cameras I think.