Daily Adventure Journal

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Miri

Hey tourist a riddle for you.

Spell out the word SHOP at least twenty times, do this before reading anything
else.

Then quickly answer the next question...

What do you do when you come to a green light. St.......

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I've heard of people talking about running stop signs - what are they?

Are they like traffic lights? I don't think we have many stop signs in the
Uk. People just stop at junctions, give way signs, traffic lights etc.
We are more likely to get caught out by speed cameras I think.
Yes, they are like traffic lights and used on streets that with less traffic than a main thoroughfare. I did come to a stop but it was a rolling stop and not a complete stop. I almost always come to a complete stop but I guess not this time. I was fortunate that I was let go with just a warning. I will be more careful in the future. On some busy intersections we have traffic cameras also.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hey tourist a riddle for you.

Spell out the word SHOP at least twenty times, do this before reading anything
else.

Then quickly answer the next question...

What do you do when you come to a green light. St.......
Well, the most prudent course of action would to keep going and not SHOP, er, STOP. :) That was very clever Miri, I almost typed STOP.

M

Miri

Who....me.....what did I do. Lol

6269.gif

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
It's starting to look like the hurricane is going to go right up the state of Florida sometime this weekend. I work Thursday through Sunday and it is highly likely that work will be cancelled for Sunday but I will find out more in the next couple days. While I hate missing work my wife and home come first. I probably could make up for the missing day by working an unscheduled day during next week providing the facility has power and the roads are passable. Lot of 'ifs' right now.

The thing is that if the hurricane goes directly north through the state there is no where really to go and even if there were the main highways would be clogged with cars and would turn into a parking lot. We may be hunkering down here after all.

I will be monitoring the storm very closely.
'

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
It's starting to look like the hurricane is going to go right up the state of Florida sometime this weekend. I work Thursday through Sunday and it is highly likely that work will be cancelled for Sunday but I will find out more in the next couple days. While I hate missing work my wife and home come first. I probably could make up for the missing day by working an unscheduled day during next week providing the facility has power and the roads are passable. Lot of 'ifs' right now.

The thing is that if the hurricane goes directly north through the state there is no where really to go and even if there were the main highways would be clogged with cars and would turn into a parking lot. We may be hunkering down here after all.

'
If the storm hits, I don't think anyone will blame you for missing work.. .and if someone does... send them to me and I'll have a little "talk" with them.... :rolleyes:

D

Depleted

'
I don't know what you do for work, but I was a bookkeeper when Philly was shut down for a week from The Mother of All Storms. I had to do something with the books, (can't remember what anymore), so took them home with me for a weekend. Ended up working great. The factory was closed for the week, but I had enough work to do, (including sending out bills for jobs and creating a computerized invoice), during that week that I was paid the full week. (And, I didn't get interrupted by phone calls or bosses. Yippee!)

Just a thought, if you can take work home.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I don't know what you do for work, but I was a bookkeeper when Philly was shut down for a week from The Mother of All Storms. I had to do something with the books, (can't remember what anymore), so took them home with me for a weekend. Ended up working great. The factory was closed for the week, but I had enough work to do, (including sending out bills for jobs and creating a computerized invoice), during that week that I was paid the full week. (And, I didn't get interrupted by phone calls or bosses. Yippee!)

Just a thought, if you can take work home.
I work in a distribution center. Definitely don't want to take work home. :)

M

Miri

When I was a young un at school, we had "snow days" it was when the teachers
couldn't get to school on time due to snow, so they sent the pupils home.

We loved snow days. It snowed feet deep.

Now we only seem to get a few inches of snow.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
When I was a young un at school, we had "snow days" it was when the teachers
couldn't get to school on time due to snow, so they sent the pupils home.

We loved snow days. It snowed feet deep.

Now we only seem to get a few inches of snow.
I grew up in Michigan and there were many snow day. I have found through the years that when things change it's usually for the worse and not better. Nothing like the good old days.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Looks like the area where I live in Florida is going to take a direct hit from the hurricane. I pray for our safety and that our home and car make it through it OK. We will probably lose power for a few days and that's not a good thing living in Florida. Hopefully I will be able to get back to work next weekend. This storm has already impacted our financial situation but not yet adversely. I pray also for all of those in Florida that live on the Gulf coast. God help us all.

Feb 28, 2016
North Florida, outside of Jax.

last nite, we had intermittent 'down-pours', for about 4hrs., the very backyard is real flooded,
and parts of the pasture have birthed ponds -

we decided to 'board-in' our W-3small kitchen windows, which face the back yard:
mind you, we have never, ever boarded up anything and just accepted that our two-open garages would flood,
we have a lot of stuff up on bricks,
including water--heater, it's on cinder blocks, just trying to give ya'll an idea of how & where we live
down-heah...just sharing - anyway, since the backyards flooded, we have to treck back and forth through,
maybe anywhere between 4 to 8in. of pure mud - I finally just kicked-off my boots, because they
wouldn't stay on, and just walked in my socks; almost done - 'getting-up' that piece of rain-soaked,
8x4 plywood, between the two-of us, (me, can't help very much, and him, worn-out and getting OLD', lol...
:):rolleyes:

the ladder kept sinking, our feet keep sinking, I dropped one end of the plywood, and it sunk, and it
liked to have done me in pulling it out; guess what? we got it all done B&S's, and how did we do this???
by His Grace and Love, He always makes a WAY, angels and all...:eek::)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
We are still about 10 hours away from the worst of the hurricane. Before it hit Florida it shifted east about 20 miles which will make a major difference in the strength of the storm by the time it hits my area in Clearwater. Right now it is a Cat 2 but will probably be a weak Cat 2 or a Cat 1 by the time the eye, or what's left of it passes 20 - 25 miles to the east. Only about an inch of rain so far but 8 - 10 inches still predicated but the big thing is the wind speed that is dropping. The forward momentum has increased from 9 to 14 miles an hour and that is a good thing as it won't be lingering dropping a lot of rain. There will probably be some storm surge but we are about 7 - 8 miles from the gulf so there probably won't be any flooding from this. Hopefully there won't be any flooding at all. We still have power but expect to lose it in the next hour or two, maybe 3. Hopefully, it will be restored within a day as we live in a busy area that will probably receive priority in repairs and restoration of power. So far it hasn't been too bad here but that could always change.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
We survived the hurricane intact. The only damage was to a slat in our fence which blew off. I fixed that in 2 minutes. No damage at all to our town home, car or possessions. In the complex where we lived just a few tree limbs were lost. Things are mostly cleaned up.

We lost power at 8 PM Sunday and it was just restored 45 minutes ago. We didn't lose any food in the fridge or the freezer as we let our refrigerated food dwindle down before the hurricane to minimize loss. Yesterday we dropped some freezer items off at a friend who had power. Wife will pick up some of this today and leave him whatever he needs and she will stop off at the grocery store to pick up additional items.

The plant where I worked reopened yesterday. I'm on a Thursday thru Sunday schedule but I will go to work a day early to partially make up for losing last Saturday and Sunday.

We got a major break when the hurricane shifted 30 miles to the east before hitting Florida, otherwise it would have maintained strength before hitting St. Petersburg. If that would have happened there would have been major damage to our home, our possessions and possibly our car.

There is still a gasoline shortage but we have 3/4 of a tank so we're be OK. A lot of stores are still closed but most stores and businesses will reopen later today or tomorrow.

Things are returning to normal where we live in the Sunshine State. Thank God.

Seriously.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
We survived the hurricane intact. The only damage was to a slat in our fence which blew off. I fixed that in 2 minutes. No damage at all to our town home, car or possessions. In the complex where we lived just a few tree limbs were lost. Things are mostly cleaned up.

We lost power at 8 PM Sunday and it was just restored 45 minutes ago. We didn't lose any food in the fridge or the freezer as we let our refrigerated food dwindle down before the hurricane to minimize loss. Yesterday we dropped some freezer items off at a friend who had power. Wife will pick up some of this today and leave him whatever he needs and she will stop off at the grocery store to pick up additional items.

The plant where I worked reopened yesterday. I'm on a Thursday thru Sunday schedule but I will go to work a day early to partially make up for losing last Saturday and Sunday.

We got a major break when the hurricane shifted 30 miles to the east before hitting Florida, otherwise it would have maintained strength before hitting St. Petersburg. If that would have happened there would have been major damage to our home, our possessions and possibly our car.

There is still a gasoline shortage but we have 3/4 of a tank so we're be OK. A lot of stores are still closed but most stores and businesses will reopen tomorrow.

Things are returning to normal where we live in the Sunshine State. Thank God.

Seriously.
Glad to hear that, Jerry! :)

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
14ab.gif

Dear Diary:

Remember to be thankful for invisible ink..........