Daily Adventure Journal

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 28, 2016
with that kind of 'start', every day is bound to be an adventure!
:):rolleyes:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Today is my wife's birthday and for 17 days she will be older than me. It feels like that I have been left behind. It is also the day for our annual family Christmas party which will take place at our place. Up to 30 people will be crammed in here. A few of the family members will spend the night so the sleeping arrangements may prove interesting if not problematic. On Christmas Day will just be my wife, her daughter Melisa and our friend Dan for dinner and opening of gifts. It is going to be a chaotic few days that's for sure. I pray that all goes well especially to today's party as my wife has put forth tremendous effort to pull this off. She will be the star of the show.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
2017was a very busy year but went really well and a lot was accomplished and all of the bills were paid on time.

This year I am determined to quit smoking, attend to my dental needs, gain some weight, and established an overall healthier lifestyle. Sometime before summer my wife and I will finish our complete reading of the bible from cover to cover and begin another complete reading. Each time we do this we use a different bible version to gain a better perspective of spiritual matters. Today we will start also with a new daily devotional and a bible study guide. Sometime this month I hope to change my work schedule so I can attend weekly church services on Saturday morning.

I pray also for God to provide extra financial income and will do my part to accomplish this.

My wife has her own personal goals she hopes to meet and work on and I am fully supportive of this. God has blessed my with a wonderful wife and with His grace I will work on to becoming a better husband and to be more attentive to her physical and spiritual needs.

I thank God for the opportunity to humbly serve Him each day in whatever capacity or situation that He places me for the work that He has prepared for me to accomplish.

I pray for all of my CC peeps to have a prosperous 2018 in their humble service to the Lord, to keep fighting the good fight and to keep their eyes on the prize.

God bless you all and everyone.

Feb 28, 2016
oh my, what an awesome POST to share with everyone: you have honored us with your
confessions and goals and Love...you are an awesome man, obviously called and Blessed
by our Saviour - our prayers are with you for the strength and courage to accomplish what
God has convicted for you to accomplish, dear one...

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
My prayer for us both is to put into Action what we both have spoken in words. My goals for this year are to loose some weight because if I don't I'm not sure how many years, months or days I will remain here on earth as I did not age well last year and had trouble breathing, right knee was in pain so walking was a problem also and most of this has to do with too much weight. My other goal for the year is to be much more thrifty and conservative with finances as we have too much debt for an older couple and need to shave off some of our debt so finding ways to spend less and save more.

That is enough to work on for one year. Other than continuing a closer walk with God and my honey. I am truly thankful and blessed that God allowed tourist entry into my life as it is so much better to have a partner to continue the journey of this adventurous life.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Tomorrow is my 4th anniversary as a member of the community and I'm looking forward to spending another active and edifying year with my CC friends and family. It has been quite an adventure thus far and I'm looking forward to what may come next. There are quite a few quality members on this site and it has been my privilege to get to know you all and to share little tidbits about myself that shows how I tick. God bless you all and everyone.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
It has been a real pleasure to converse with you Sir.

May God keep His loving arms around you.

4877ed9fe05c5ffb5700e6ff0e844925.jpg

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Yesterday I got in my long awaited fishing trip.......FINALLY, the rain stopped. It was a beautiful day, but a little windy..... :)

Next time I hope for a trip, I'm gonna hope for a CATCHING trip.......there's a reason they call it fishing ya know..... :(

Still, it is so wonderful to get out and enjoy the beauty of God's creations! I thank Him every night in my prayer for being able to do that now and again.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
It's always good to enjoy God's great outdoors. Maybe in our new life we can take a fishing trip up the Amazon, catch some piranha's and fry them over a campfire. I have found that it is the simple things that give us the most pleasure.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I have just accomplished the task of replacing a defective on / off switch that controls the fan and the lights in our dining room. What I did was swap the switch with the one in our half / bath downstairs that turns the fan on and off. The fan hasn't worked since I arrived here almost 4 years ago.

Now, I have fixed quite a few things already in our house including all of the toilet floats, an upstairs walk-in closet light, a complete light fixture in the kitchen and some broken tiles on our staircase. I will also replace that fan in the half-bath but not at this moment.The whole swap process only took 30 minutes yet I waited 6 weeks until fixing it. My wife is out doing an errand and I wanted to surprise her by having our fan and light in the dining room working again. While I was at it I also repaired a broken chain that controls the fan at the fixture.

My next household project is to get the water / icemaker in the fridge working again as it has been down for over 3 months. I suspect that the water filter may be clogged so I will go to Lowe's to get a new one, install it, and see if that solves the problem. Even if it didn't the filter still needs replacing regardless and this is the most likely cause of the problem. Besides that, I miss having crushed ice in my beverages, while my wife prefers cubes. In this we are different. Actually, we are different in many ways and yet we compliment each other's qualities.

These are just little things but also necessary things that a husband does to keep the home in order. I got a little closure too and a small feeling of accomplishment. My motto has always been why do today what you can do tomorrow. That must change as that is not a wise policy. God will help me in this as He has always helped me.

The biggest help that He has provided is trusting in my care the wonderful woman who is my faithful and loving wife. I'm the one in the marriage that is a piece of work. Like it says in Isaiah, "...a little here, a little there." Such is life.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I have just returned from getting my first haircut of the year. My wife has been pestering me for weeks to do this, thought I was starting to look like one of those "long-haired freaky people...". I was hesitant because getting my haircut is not part of my usual routine and is a bit of a hassle. Besides, why do today with what could be put off until tomorrow?

"He said you look like a fine upstanding young man I think you'll do" So I took off my hat and said "Imagine that, huh, me working for you?"

I believe that it is wise to not judge a book by the cover. Anyways, my wife now says that I'm her studly man. It was worth it just to hear her say that.

I'm now all set. Until the next time...

notuptome

May 17, 2013
There is a scripture that says long hair is a shame to a man. A glory to women but a shame to a man. Just saying. Could go on and on but that would not make the point any sharper.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
There is a scripture that says long hair is a shame to a man. A glory to women but a shame to a man. Just saying. Could go on and on but that would not make the point any sharper.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I suppose though there would be heated discussion on the biblical definition on the word 'long' in regards to hair. I believe that Samson was one of those long-haired freaky people, but then again, it did not really end well for him. Long or short are relative terms. I do prefer long hair on a woman but especially for my wife. She is a blond also but I don't hold that against her because blonds have more fun or so I have been led to believe. At least that's true in her case. In the bible it does state that all things are lawful but not all things are profitable. Not sure if that was referring to the length of one's hair though.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Our A/C quit working Friday. Not totally surprised as the unit is 10 years old and gets a lot of use seeing as how we live in Florida and endure months in the 90's.

Repair guy came over this morning and fixed it in less than 15 minutes, $230 part and labor. That is a big relief seeing as how we are not in a financial position to face replacing the whole unit at a cost of $5000 or more. I said a prayer this morning for God to help us in this as our home was getting hotter each day.

Thing is working beautifully and the indoor temp has dropped by over 4 degrees during the last 30 minutes. My wife will be pleasantly surprise when she gets home from her doctor appointment and steps inside to a cool home and with the most minimal expense.

Still looking forward to the cold fronts that start coming through the state in mid October but we will be living comfortably in the meantime.

God is awesome and very much focuses on the most smallest details of our lives because He loves us so. It was a small matter to Him but means a lot to me and I am sure that my honey will appreciate this as well. Probably be ecstatic. We will both sleep good tonight that's for sure.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Last week it was the A/C and today it was the toilet in our master bathroom. Noticed that the water was not shutting off. For a temp fix I swapped the toilet float out with the one in the other upstairs bath as it is used infrequently. Next week I will go to Lowe's and get a float kit and replace that one. I left the old one in because the toilet could still be used if the water is turned off after the tank is filled up.

While I am at Lowes next week I am going to score a bunch of green scrungy pads, rinse aid for the dishwasher along with a big bottle of Dawn dish detergent. Mind as well get that stuff there as it would save me a trip to Walmart. I should probably pick up a water filter for the fridge but seeing how the water dispenser does not work that item could probably be put on hold.

I will let our good friends at Lowes repair the fridge when we have some extra bucks, hopefully by the end of the year when our financials should improve. Not to worry though, even though the ice maker is inoperative due to lack of water supply there are a couple ice cube trays. One of my husband duties that I took upon myself is to make sure that the little Tupperware container is filled with fresh ice so my honey can enjoy a cold beverage. No, don't have a regular ice cube container because it won't be needed once the water supply problem to the water dispenser is resolved.

Might have to pick up a bottle of Liquid Plumber too as the drain in our shower is becoming problematic. I will put a question mark beside this item on my shopping list. This whole situation is getting questionable. I am in a holding pattern at the moment. Things are going to have to start 'breaking' our way as all of this drama is starting to get to me. Probably regret saying the word 'breaking'.

Feb 28, 2016
Thanks for the share, Tourist, we can most always relate in some ways! :)

if I wrote down here what we have been going through lately, it would be quite the drama,
but, we know for sure that our dear Heavenly Father always has our backs, and we know this
for sure, because everything always works out when we follow his lead and do it His way -
and of course the great-big-plus is that our Faith is continually increasing as well as
our Love for Him...
GBY and your precious Honey...

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Thanks for the share, Tourist, we can most always relate in some ways! :)

if I wrote down here what we have been going through lately, it would be quite the drama,
but, we know for sure that our dear Heavenly Father always has our backs, and we know this
for sure, because everything always works out when we follow his lead and do it His way -
and of course the great-big-plus is that our Faith is continually increasing as well as
our Love for Him...
GBY and your precious Honey...
Thank you, as always for being so kind to me and my wife. Yeah, there is often a lot of little things going in in married life, some hard, some a nuisance and some that are amusing.