Daniel 9:25 & 26

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

Luke 21:20 “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city.
Matt 24:15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’[a] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. (Christians fled to Pella from Jerusalem right before the siege began <Josephus>)

Matt 24 and Luke 21 are the harmonized gospels of the Olivet Discourse.
Lol. So we IGNORE what the origional texts and their interpretations say, and make up our own doctrines?

An army desolates somethign by destroying it

An IDOL or UNCLEAN things desolates a HOLY place by making it unclean with an “Abomination” which makes it “desolate”

Jesus said when they see the THING standing in the HOLY PLACE. Then run. (Thats one event)

In Luke, He says when you see the armies surrounding it, Run (A different event)

You screamed at someone for not using lexicons, Now here you are doing the very thing you judged someone else for doing.

And then you say I treat people bad. :rolleyes:

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Lol. Go for it. And while your at it, again, remove the log from your eye.
Ignore is for cowards, I just put on all the armor of God and keep going!!
Hopefully a teachable heart that longs to know truth will respond

You are always in the forums......do you have no other life? Just asking, I find that sad.

E

eternally-gratefull

Ignore is for cowards, I just put on all the armor of God and keep going!!
Hopefully a teachable heart that longs to know truth will respond

You are always in the forums......do you have no other life? Just asking, I find that sad.
Believe what you want, if not for ignore. Things would be way out of hand in CC..

Lol. Its the holidays, I been off work.

And why do you always judge people? What is it with certain that they can not just sit and have a conversation, they have to always belittle, attack and find small things to make the other people look bad?

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Lol. So we IGNORE what the origional texts and their interpretations say, and make up our own doctrines?
Let me try to answer every point you posted.
An army desolates somethign by destroying it
IT DESOLATED THE TEMPLE AND JERSALEM
An IDOL or UNCLEAN things desolates a HOLY place by making it unclean with an “Abomination” which makes it “desolate”
YOU FOUND THAT IN SCRIPTURE?
Jesus said when they see the THING standing in the HOLY PLACE. Then run. (Thats one event)
It does not say "thing" it says JERUSALEM in Luke and the abom of deso in Matt. The AOD in Daniel is also an army.
In Luke, He says when you see the armies surrounding it, Run (A different event)
NOT A DIFFERENT EVENT, THESE ARE BOTH THE OLIVET DISCOURSE.....PARTIAL MENTION ALSO IN MARK.
You screamed at someone for not using lexicons, Now here you are doing the very thing you judged someone else for doing.
I didn't scream at anyone........THEY SAID USE A BIBLE ONLY SO I ASKED IF THEY EVER USED OTHER MATERIALS IE"LEXICONS"
Some one told me a long time ago that caps in the forum was not considered screaming.

And then you say I treat people bad. :rolleyes:
You can't seem to resist the personal insult.....putting people down with some sarcastic comment. I think it is because you are basically an unhappy person who vents in the forum when people don't agree with you. You would be more readily received if you would leave off the personal remarks and character assasinations.

This IS the original text I quoted. It seems to me, by your own post, that you do not understand the harmonizing of the gospels??

Luke 21:20 “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city.
Matt 24:15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’[a] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

BOTH THE OLIVET DISCOURSE
(Christians fled to Pella from Jerusalem right before the siege began <Josephus>)

E

eternally-gratefull

You can't seem to resist the personal insult.....putting people down with some sarcastic comment. I think it is because you are basically an unhappy person who vents in the forum when people don't agree with you. You would be more readily received if you would leave off the personal remarks and character assasinations.

This IS the original text I quoted. It seems to me, by your own post, that you do not understand the harmonizing of the gospels??

Matt 24:15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’[a] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

(Christians fled to Pella from Jerusalem right before the siege began <Josephus>)
Can you please repost this response, And get your quotes properly. I can not see most of your posts when I quote you.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Your attempts at insulting have no effect on my life, but they certainly say a lot about you.

Scripture is dismissed? Matt 24/Luke 21..........clearly proves the abomination of desolation is an army. You didn't even read it.
The seige did not begin in 70AD....it ended in 70AD with the destruction of the temple. The actual war ended with the fall of Masada.

Historical fact reveals when the gospels and the epistles were written. Revelation is not a "gospel".

Daniel's abomination of desolation was also an army
The abomination of desolation as mentioned in Daniel is referring to the desecration of the temple in Jerusalem by the Anti-christ. It is still a future event. Regarding the siege in 70 AD, that is a separate event that is not related to the end-time event with the 200 million man army marching towards Jerusalem. Now that's an army. There will be blood up to the horses bridle in the Valley of Megiddo, which in Hebrew means Armageddon.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Can you please repost this response, And get your quotes properly. I can not see most of your posts when I quote you.
I would try to accomodate you any way I can but there are limits to what this forum can print. I think my long reply to your long post is beyond the limits of how much can be posted in each reply.
I know what I wrote if you want to respond.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
The abomination of desolation as mentioned in Daniel is referring to the desecration of the temple in Jerusalem by the Anti-christ. It is still a future event. Regarding the siege in 70 AD, that is a separate event that is not related to the end-time event with the 200 million man army marching towards Jerusalem. Now that's an army. There will be blood up to the horses bridle in the Valley of Megiddo, which in Hebrew means Armageddon.
Do you even understand that there is no THE Antichrist...like its A person
The only time "antichrist" is mention in the bible is 4 or 5 times in 1John........and has the meaning of those who do not believer Jesus is God in flesh.
Every person who believes that IS antichrist.

Only eat the brown M & M's

E

eternally-gratefull

I would try to accomodate you any way I can but there are limits to what this forum can print. I think my long reply to your long post is beyond the limits of how much can be posted in each reply.
I know what I wrote if you want to respond.
It is not how long it was, it is how you quoted it. You left alot of your quotes inside the main quote. Meaning when I quote, it does not show up in my reply

One way to do this is to remove all end quotes and just allow your responses to be shown and quoted.

E

eternally-gratefull

Do you even understand that there is no THE Antichrist...like its A person
The only time "antichrist" is mention in the bible is 4 or 5 times in 1John........and has the meaning of those who do not believer Jesus is God in flesh.
Every person who believes that IS antichrist.

Only eat the brown M & M's
All he did was interpret the word “abomination” as it was written, He used lexicons..

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011

could you please also post the source from Josephus of the Christians fleeing to Pella.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
It is not how long it was, it is how you quoted it. You left alot of your quotes inside the main quote. Meaning when I quote, it does not show up in my reply

One way to do this is to remove all end quotes and just allow your responses to be shown and quoted.
Let me see how this affects my post. I'll give it a try unless you dismiss my quotes altogether in YOUR reply.
Trust issues.

E

eternally-gratefull

Let me see how this affects my post. I'll give it a try unless you dismiss my quotes altogether in YOUR reply.
Trust issues.
I will replay to what you highlight in red. And anythign after my last words.

I have no need to lie or hide stuff..

E

eternally-gratefull

could you please also post the source from Josephus of the Christians fleeing to Pella.
That would be nice, I have a copy of his works. Would like to check it out.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
I can't copy the original and can't change it either.
It won't show up in the REPLY either.
I'm an old lady, do not ask me to do anything technical beyond what I have tried.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
That would be nice, I have a copy of his works. Would like to check it out.
I have read from one end of it to the other and cannot find it. It seems that someone stated it in err in the past and it has been quoted and re-qouted without being questioned.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
You gave the book and chapter? in which post I cannot find it.
Josephus 'Wars of the Jews' book2 chapter19 and books 5&6. In book 6 chapter2, 'in the meantime' of section 7 is 7 days, and the 'in the meantime' of section 9 is that day