Dating thread that will never get off the ground but here we go anyway

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 7, 2014
:unsure: So I have been thinking.... since there are so many desperate singles (JK :LOL: ...slightly desperate ) on this here forum... I will take it upon myself to post this thread. Its quite simple really...post some things about yourself that are interesting and captivating (looks, hobbies, job...etc..) then whomever finds the other whomever interesting or you just plain fall in love at first sight (it does happen..) then go on a (start a conversation) date. That conversation button thats blue on peoples profiles ....I'm sure you guys are very familiar with it! Get to know each other, or not ...as the case may be. When thats over post on the thread and tell the other people what your experience was.

Okay.. reading over what I just wrote and thinking about it, this is probably a horrible idea but what the hey , lets give it a whirl.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Seoulsearch approves of this thread. lol

Personally, I think this world is to crazy for marriage, but some people like excitement, while others just check to see if their seat belt is secure.

How about start off with a soft ball question, like what's your favorite color?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Seoulsearch approves of this thread. lol

Personally, I think this world is to crazy for marriage, but some people like excitement, while others just check to see if their seat belt is secure.

How about start off with a soft ball question, like what's your favorite color?
I approve all threads that promote romantic fellowship. Regarding the waring of seat belts, I am a firm believer in this. When my wife drives she puts it on cruise control. My favorite color is blue, my second favorite is red. There is a poem about this too, somethin' 'bout roses and violets but I'm not into that mushy stuff.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
:unsure: So I have been thinking.... since there are so many desperate singles (JK :LOL: ...slightly desperate ) on this here forum... I will take it upon myself to post this thread. Its quite simple really...post some things about yourself that are interesting and captivating (looks, hobbies, job...etc..) then whomever finds the other whomever interesting or you just plain fall in love at first sight (it does happen..) then go on a (start a conversation) date. That conversation button thats blue on peoples profiles ....I'm sure you guys are very familiar with it! Get to know each other, or not ...as the case may be. When thats over post on the thread and tell the other people what your experience was.

Okay.. reading over what I just wrote and thinking about it, this is probably a horrible idea but what the hey , lets give it a whirl.
Actually, it was a very good idea. Glad to have you finally join us in the forums. Even though I'm married the Singles forum is my favorite as it is kind of laid back and the peeps are friendly. I come here mostly for the coffee and donuts.

I love these types of threads. There may be a few desperate singles or slightly desperate but most Singles are content where they are in life or they are waiting on God's perfect timing whatever that is. My estimate is that a big obstacle in initiating a prospective relationship is the fear or rejection or commitment.

Even though, when I first joined, I was neither desperate, slightly desperate, or waiting on God's perfect timing my first introductory thread was called Quite Lonely. I met my wife on this site who is also a member shortly after I joined in 2014. We documented our romance in my Midnight Confessions and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club band threads. We will be celebrating our 6th anniversary in November.

You just never know what may happen or who you will meet as a result of this site. Christian Chat has been a tremendous blessing to me that's for sure.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019

Ooohhhh.....I could have some fun with this! (Cracks knuckles)(evil snicker):)

But I won't.

Oct 7, 2014
Actually, it was a very good idea. Glad to have you finally join us in the forums. Even though I'm married the Singles forum is my favorite as it is kind of laid back and the peeps are friendly. I come here mostly for the coffee and donuts.

I love these types of threads. There may be a few desperate singles or slightly desperate but most Singles are content where they are in life or they are waiting on God's perfect timing whatever that is. My estimate is that a big obstacle in initiating a prospective relationship is the fear or rejection or commitment.

Even though, when I first joined, I was neither desperate, slightly desperate, or waiting on God's perfect timing my first introductory thread was called Quite Lonely. I met my wife on this site who is also a member shortly after I joined in 2014. We documented our romance in my Midnight Confessions and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club band threads. We will be celebrating our 6th anniversary in November.

You just never know what may happen or who you will meet as a result of this site. Christian Chat has been a tremendous blessing to me that's for sure.
Yep, I was just having some fun with the crowd here about the whole desperate thing. I'm sure 95 percent of us are on the slightly to very slightly scale of desperation. Since all we need is the Lord :)

Oct 7, 2014
Hey gang. I love slow walks on the beach, pina colatas (not on a rainy day) , and amazing sunsets. I'm very dreamy because sleep is my number one hobby. Some people tell me I resemble some actor but they can never place the name.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
haha I totally hate talking about myself.
But you can talk about yourself if you want. We are all ears.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
*Lynx coughs, sputters and walks off quickly to, ostensibly, get a drink of water.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018

Good on you for putting this out there but looking at other current posts, like mine, it may be that this is not the ideal time to think about getting together. With the virus, storms and fires and election coming up perhaps striking up a relationship now is not ideal?
Maybe some light-hearted fun threads and getting involved in threads here would help others get to know each other, in an indirect way:). Btw this advise isn't written in stone just my thoughts.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Let's see, it's been a while maybe i can recycle my old reasons people should date you posts:

Let's see:

1) Even my emotional outbursts are rational, well thought out, and clearly articulated (sort of, and they're more like melt downs than outbursts).

2) I come with my own user manual. Sort of.

3) My life has been so normal that it's downright abnormal.

4) I can figure anything out… just about.

5) Almost any issues I'm having can be solved by taking me to the middle of nowhere and leaving me alone there for a few hours (with plenty of water or tea).

6) I like it when you tell me things as directly and clearly as possible.

So do double the reasons mean that my line will be doubly long, or does it mean I will be disqualified for not making this two posts?
And a few years later (oh wait this was a shouldn't date me thread)

And here I could have sworn that was my job, maybe I'm just the pleasant stopover before meeting the one and not doing any actual prep work.

As to reasons guys shouldn't date me, the most compelling one is that romance and dating and attraction just don't compute for me.... dating me would be like dating an android that's trying to understand and combat the virus that's scrambling all it's programming.

Also, I keep telling the same jokes over and over; they're not nearly as funny the 20th time you hear them.
Then there was.

But the things you didn't tell people about me that they really should know:

I seem to have a thing for petting or get up close and personal with exotic animals to date this includes: Alligators, dolphins, manatee, kangaroos, any dog that crosses my path and doesn't look like it's about to attack me (ok so that's not so exotic), tigers (almost forgot that one and how could I forget that, there's pictures and everything), elephants, camels, and there may be some I forgot and can't think of right now. I know I haven't gotten to swim with sharks yet and really want to do that (maybe with whale sharks or maybe cage diving with ones that it's not so safe to get too up close and personal with).

If I want to get together to play a couple board games; it's going to take the entire day. And I've now invested in enough games with a solo variant that I can play board games by myself all day too.

I'm always right... except when I'm wrong.

I'm a loner ..... it was the best alternative when it came to choosing good company.

I'm getting pretty good at cooking for 1 .... 1 week at a time that is. That also means I eat the same thing for dinner every night for a week. And I've even started thinking and talking in terms of dinner this week instead of dinner tonight.

I'm a compulsive saver; I rather dislike spending money unless absolutely necessary, and will give money away more freely than I'll spend it on stuff for me.

There's probably more, but that's for next time.

And someplace there's one more but I can't seem to find it with the search feature. Oh well here's the curated cinder talks about herself list.

up

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
I think (just sayin)...
when times are hard like we all had this crazy year---is a Great Time to be Even Closer🤗💗😊

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I prefer Perrier because it is fizzy. It has to be ice cold though.
Fizzy water is one of the most disgusting things people have ever invented. Make mine an apa plata please. ( That's romanian for flat / still water because fizzy water is so popular there that if you ask for just water you'll get fizzy water)

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Fizzy water is one of the most disgusting things people have ever invented. Make mine an apa plata please. ( That's romanian for flat / still water because fizzy water is so popular there that if you ask for just water you'll get fizzy water)
Well I mix it with any juice and get 'sparkling sodas' and mix it with wine and it's close to champagne:).