Deal breaker, besides other then not being a Christian.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
For me it's a cynical person. Second would probably be someone who is not emotionally honest or open. Last would be someone who is a conversational hyper information gatherer.

T

Tinuviel

Someone who listens to rap music. Literally :p. It makes me feel physically sick, because my heartbeat matches to music I'm listening to. So...I know that sounds trivial but I can't stand the stuff.

Someone who doesn't want kids.

Andy

Oct 10, 2017
someone who is abusive, i really hate domestic abuse. also this is kind of like Tinuviel's in a way i cant stand heavy metal.

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
*3-year time skip*

- Drug/alcohol addiction
- Terrible hygiene
- Poor treatment of family
- Sexism/Racism
- Dogmatism
- Narcissism
- Not liking cats
- Not liking video games
- Not liking anime
- Lack of knowledge of Pokemon

Maka

Jun 26, 2017
Drugs, smoking, I'd prefer no drinking too but it's not a deal breaker unless its excessive. Not affectionate, not emotionally open. Doesn't share similar life views and goals.

Last edited:

Andy

Oct 10, 2017
*3-year time skip*

- Drug/alcohol addiction
- Terrible hygiene
- Sexism/Racism
- Dogmatism
- Narcissism
- Not liking cats
- Not liking video games
- Not liking anime
That list :D:D:D:D:D

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Smoking. Full stop.
Entitled attitude.
Unforgiving.

I'd keep going, but I don't want to describe my ex too specifically. :rolleyes:

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
x Smoking: Unhealthy and disgusting. I don't want to smell that.
x Paranoid: Lack of trust. It's not for me.
x
Obese: Taking care of themselves and being somewhat fit/healthy matters.
x
Likes doing laundry: I do my own laundry. I know how I like it. Do you your own laundry.
x
Perfect: We can't both be perfect. It just wouldn't work.

christian74

Oct 1, 2013
Smoking is a deal breaker for me.
One time, I became close with a coworker who was a smoker.
And at some point I realized I didn't care if she smoke or not.
It didn't matter any more.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Yeah, smoking would never cut it with me either. I was thinking about it after I got off line last night and said no way would I be with a smoker.
Same for obese. I don't mind a bit chubby or even a little fat; not my ideal, and I would shy away from fat, still I would be willing to give it a try; but obese - that is a non starter.
For that matter a full blown drug addict or alcoholic is a deal breaker too. I would date some one who had those issues if they were seeking help, but I would be very cautious about taking it to the next level until I saw 100% abstinence for a long time. And I would be careful about bringing her around my kids.
Also lazy, unmotivated individuals need not apply either. Been there, so I know I can't deal with that again.

T

toinena

smoking, snuff (big issue here), drugs, alcohol abuse, verbal abuse, physical abuse, dog-hater, non-christian.

Beggars can't be choosers, but even beggars have their standards.

J

joefizz

*3-year time skip*

- Drug/alcohol addiction
- Terrible hygiene
- Sexism/Racism
- Dogmatism
- Narcissism
- Not liking cats
- Not liking video games
- Not liking anime
I can agree with that list and would add to it this too....
-can't carry on a conversation
-has to have everyone's attention more than my own
-can't compromise on anything
-has no foreseeable future in mind

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Someone who listens to rap music. Literally :p. It makes me feel physically sick, because my heartbeat matches to music I'm listening to. So...I know that sounds trivial but I can't stand the stuff.

Someone who doesn't want kids.
I completely agree about the rap music. :rolleyes: Its really just talking fast with a bad attitude and an annoying beat playing in the background...

If you can talk fast with a bad attitude and make some words rhyme, then you can be a rapper..

Last edited:

Maka

Jun 26, 2017
I don't mind some rap music :p

S

Sweetmorningdew78

I just don't want a smelly armpit :D that's all :D

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
I tried to think of something to post here, but I really cant think of any serious "deal breakers", like there are certain things people do that I find really unappealing and all that, but after I actually get to know them, I realize that they are actually really cool and that I really like them (cant date someone unless I "really like them" first so plz dont point out that this is specifically about dating).

I mean yeah there are a few obvious ones, people who use drugs or get drunk or fornicate are obviously out of the question. I mean I dont want to have anything to do with sinful living. But outside the obvious sinful lifestyles thing, I cant really thing of anything that would make someone so unappealing to me that I wouldnt even consider the possibility without getting to know them.

I cant say theres really anything that would turn me away forever from someone outside of obvious things that a Christian wouldnt want to be a part of. If they arent a terrible person, Im probly gonna be open minded. Biggest fear is if we click or not.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Neck tattoos of former boyfriends names..... seems ti be very common here.

P

pckts

Plans for more tattoos or already covered in them
Lying to manipulate
No desire to learn how to cook
Doesn't like kids
Proudly state they love animals and hate humans
uses prescription anti-depressants as a solution to problems or doesn't see the issue with it
Suicidal or no hope for future
"bisexual"
Can't hold a job, always complaining about job
smells bad and doesn't wear deodorant or perfume
Doesn't maintain hair or body hair, excuse is "I'm not feminine enough why even try"
Extreme lack of confidence and self-esteem, unaffected by positive encouragement
Avoids confrontation (Not aggression, I mean like standing up to parents or for self)
Drags me down with their depression
Complain about weight and body image but won't change diet or exercise
Cuts themselves, abuses themselves, eating disorder with no hope in sight
Makes comments or criticizes me just to put me down without any kind of higher justification (mental abuse I guess)
Hits me knowing I won't do it back
Asks to buy them things and gets angry or becomes distant when I say no
Doesn't seem to appreciate anything or forgets quickly
Hard drug use, or periodic relapses into hard drug use
Cold personality, lack of empathy, self-centered
Poor impulse control/immature
When I feel like a parent and have no support
When I still feel alone
Doesn't seem possible to convert them to Christianity

And these are only "deal breakers" if our relationship doesn't seem to solve or change them or their is no hope

The not cooking thing could be overlooked (among others) I guess if everything else was in order, but by itself it's annoying and not desirable. I cook myself and when they expect me to do that AND pay when we go out it's too much of a burden to handle when I'm playing man and woman.

Last edited:

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Plans for more tattoos or already covered in them
Lying to manipulate
No desire to learn how to cook
Doesn't like kids
Proudly state they love animals and hate humans
uses prescription anti-depressants as a solution to problems or doesn't see the issue with it
Suicidal or no hope for future
"bisexual"
Can't hold a job, always complaining about job
smells bad and doesn't wear deodorant or perfume
Doesn't maintain hair or body hair, excuse is "I'm not feminine enough why even try"
Extreme lack of confidence and self-esteem, unaffected by positive encouragement
Avoids confrontation (Not aggression, I mean like standing up to parents or for self)
Drags me down with their depression
Complain about weight and body image but won't change diet or exercise
Cuts themselves, abuses themselves, eating disorder with no hope in sight
Makes comments or criticizes me just to put me down without any kind of higher justification (mental abuse I guess)
Hits me knowing I won't do it back
Asks to buy them things and gets angry or becomes distant when I say no
Doesn't seem to appreciate anything or forgets quickly
Hard drug use, or periodic relapses into hard drug use
Cold personality, lack of empathy, self-centered
Poor impulse control/immature
When I feel like a parent and have no support
When I still feel alone
Doesn't seem possible to convert them to Christianity

And these are only "deal breakers" if our relationship doesn't seem to solve or change them or their is no hope

The not cooking thing could be overlooked (among others) I guess if everything else was in order, but by itself it's annoying and not desirable. I cook myself and when they expect me to do that AND pay when we go out it's too much of a burden to handle when I'm playing man and woman.
Your list makes me think you've been on "plenty of fish."