Deleting Account

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

EM9642

Sorry if this has been posted before, but how do I delete my account?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Well, we hate to see you go. Scroll down to the bottom of the page where you see terms of service. On the bottom of that page, you'll find a contact option. Let them know.

God Bless you and yours.

E

EM9642

Thanks! There are just too many really hostile people on here

E

EM9642

I guess I'm not nice enough or strong enough to combat them...plus I'm Catholic so I have been frequently told I'm not welcome

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
That's why everyone has a big fat IGNORE button under their name.

It's a beautiful thing.

E

EM9642

That's why everyone has a big fat IGNORE button under their name.

It's a beautiful thing.

Well if I always did that I might as well delete this account...there would be very few people left on here in my experience. I am glad others have a different one and I wish you all the best.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
It's perfectly fine to do what you need to do.

Take care.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I am sad that you encountered harshness. We all desperately need Jesus, more and more.

I respect your right to choose. I will lift you in prayer.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hi @EM9642, as others have already said, you will be missed. I also agree that we need nice people here to help those of the 'not so nice' persuasion to see that there is a better way to be, especially for us Christians. So I wish that you'd reconsider and stay for awhile longer :), but I know that you need to do what you feel you need to, as @maxwel just said.

God bless you! (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24)

~Deut
p.s. - I've come to use the online Christendom world, and the hostility that is often part of it, as a regular way of helping me determine where I'm at in my daily walk with Him (as I observe how I react to the hostility), as well as a way of practicing patience and kindness (thinking/speaking/acting like a Christian) in the face of such hostility.

E

EM9642

Hi @EM9642, as others have already said, you will be missed. I also agree that we need nice people here to help those of the 'not so nice' persuasion to see that there is a better way to be, especially for us Christians. So I wish that you'd reconsider and stay for awhile longer :), but I know that you need to do what you feel you need to, as @maxwel just said.

God bless you! (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24)

~Deut
p.s. - I've come to use the online Christendom world, and the hostility that is often part of it, as a regular way of helping me determine where I'm at in my daily walk with Him (as I observe how I react to the hostility), as well as a way of practicing patience and kindness (thinking/speaking/acting like a Christian) in the face of such hostility.
I think I might need to get more secure in my faith first. I am still pretty shaky and unsure about my faith.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
I think I might need to get more secure in my faith first. I am still pretty shaky and unsure about my faith.
Online Christendom can be a pretty rough place, especially if you do not feel secure in your faith at this time, so I hear what you're saying and I agree, but I sure hope you'll consider returning to us when you feel more confident in it (y)(y)

As they say in the Motel 6 commercials, we'll leave the light on for you :)

BTW, you could always keep your account and just be part of things here like the prayer wall, whenever you want to be, that is. This would also give you the ability to continue to seek or give counsel via a private message (to members who you trust to be kind to you, as well those who you are ministering to, of course). That way, you'll avoid all of the nasty until you think you are ready to handle it.

God bless you sister!

~Deut

G

Godsgirl83

:cry: Sad to see another leave over the hostile environment.......
You know, I was thinking the other day....
brothers and sisters get into disagreements, quarrels, and fights.....
BUT GOD'S CHILDREN ARE CALLED TO HIGHER STANDARDS!
It's one thing to disagree on issues, but for it to go as far as some post have on CC is just downright sad.
I think this thread is a perfect example of that.