Describe the perfect relationship!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Hamarr

Maybe my thinking on this is just skewed, but the wanting of a perfect relationship seems to be an issue in itself. Like a desire for some unattainable fantasy that will leave the people involved disappointed. That seems like it likely to doom any relationship here in the real world where there are things like conflict or problems. It seems like it would be better to go in expecting there to be issues to work through and knowing that you will have to work through them. That might help with making a better choice with respect to values and that sort of thing.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
"Well... YOU really shouldn't end a sentence in a preposition!"
I've been called the grammar police, so I can see myself saying something like that-and really pissing off a woman!

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I can definitely relate to that... But I still hold out hope! Personally, being single sucks!
This is my old cynical self speaking, but the older I get, the more I see marriage as a Catch 22: all singles who long for a partner, and heaven forbid they admit this, sexual intimacy, are all told to get married because "it's better to marry than burn with passion!" (1 Corinthians 7:9)

But what young singles don't seem to realize is, you get ONE shot at this - ONE, because if you somehow make a mistake... If you wind up in a marriage that's unpleasant, abusive, sexually incompatible, and/or downright miserable, you are stuck, and there is no way out.

Your best bet is to hope your spouse cheats on you (for anyone who can't tell, I say this with EXTREME sarcasm) so that you can actually have a "Biblical" divorce, because otherwise you will be branded as an evil, adultery-committing divorced person for the rest of your life, and can NEVER seek out someone ever again.

If singles thought the fact that they can't have a full romantic relationship with someone unless they marry was tough, they also have to face the reality that ONE shot is all you get.

And I see Christian couples all around me divorcing, whether they've been married 3 years or 30. Even the ones who stay together often are neither committed, loving, or happy.

I understand that most of what I'm saying will sound bitter and jaded, but with all the pressure placed on finding that RIGHT person you won't be miserable with in 5, 10, or 50 years...

I'm almost at a point of asking God to "turn me over to the dark side forever" and be content with just being single.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
I can definitely relate to that... But I still hold out hope! Personally, being single sucks!
I agree that being single sucks(especially if you're married), but I've learned that being in a bad relationship sucks even more. I'm of the mind that if we focus as much as we can on our relationship with God-then he'll give us what we need. :cool:

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I'm almost at a point of asking God to "turn me over to the dark side forever" and be content with just being single.
Come to the dark side we have the best chocolate and the least emotional drama (mostly because we don't let pesky things like other people's feelings bother us).

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Finally I recomposed myself, looked her dead in the eye, and said,
"Well... YOU really shouldn't end a sentence in a preposition!"
Actually, that was quite witty and I'm sure that it really irked her too which was probably the main idea. Sounds like what she was really ending was the marriage.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
That is so sad... On a Christian blog site I expected all kinds of God-fearing Folk to tell all kinds of great stories about true love and commitment within a Christian based marriage. Hmmm....
Don’t be sad.

Be happy that you are single for the time being and that you can do whatever you want until you marry.

Also, you can find such testimonies of our married friends in the Midnight Confessions thread by Tourist. It has alot of that lovey dovey sharing that you speak of.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Actually, that was quite witty and I'm sure that it really irked her too which was probably the main idea. Sounds like what she was really ending was the marriage.

Oh, that particular ex wasn't a "marriage" ex... that was just a plain old "serious dating relationship ex"... not to be confused with an "engagement ex", a "minimal dates ex", a "friendzone ex", or a "fixed up by a buddy ex".

There are so many varieties of exes...

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Ya know... sometimes you blurt something out about yourself and just immediately know it was a mistake..

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Disclaimer:
Post #72 has nothing to do with me personally; I was only speaking hypothetically.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Oh, that particular ex wasn't a "marriage" ex... that was just a plain old "serious dating relationship ex"... not to be confused with an "engagement ex", a "minimal dates ex", a "friendzone ex", or a "fixed up by a buddy ex".

There are so many varieties of exes...
I have had my share of x's also but only one X.

G

GtrPkr

Brave brave man

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
That is so sad... On a Christian blog site I expected all kinds of God-fearing Folk to tell all kinds of great stories about true love and commitment within a Christian based marriage. Hmmm....
I don't have any of those stories because I'm single.

I could make one though. I have been told I have a talent for writing short stories. It would be fiction though, as I have no experience in the matter.