Did Jesus ever tell us that we no longer need to keep the law of Moses?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

:)

Just looking at "Torah" as anything that instructs;

H8451
תּורה
torah (435d); from H3384; direction, instruction, law: - custom (1), instruction (10), instructions (1), Law (1), law (188), laws (10), ruling (1), teaching (7), teachings (1).

If Revelations has instructions that they are "Torah".

If Pauls epistles has instructions/laws then it is "Torah";

for example and germane to your first questions;

1Th 5:22 KJV Abstain from all appearance of evil.

:)
You do realize the context of your conversation is mosaic law do you not?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
As I'm sure you know (because you're well versed in the scriptures), food that's sacrificed to Yah was dedicated, eaten and/or burned completely by the priests of Yah. Nothing was to be left.
That's not true.
Shewbread, for example, and all the things the priests ate which were leftover from offerings.

Plus, you're giving an argument extrapolating through interpretation, like Talmud. This is not a verse that says 'no meat that's been waved before an idol'

I think the conclusion is that these two are not from Moses law, so you are in error to say so, and that if they are Talmudic things - which is, tradition of rabbis, then the significance of the instructions given to the gentile believers is something quite different than putting them under law: it's concession to keep them from offending Jews.

Which jives perfectly with what Paul said later about not asking any questions about things sold in the market, all things being clean if received with good conscience and thankfulness, and the primacy of not causing others to stumble.

What you've been interpreting Acts 15:29 as saying tho, seems to squarely make Paul an heretic to say such things, doesn't it?

E

eternally-gratefull

I think the scripture can speak for itself, and as far as what the apostles have said, I have made a comment already. Move on.
Your not even listening to context,, you set your own, and you context has nothing to say with what the man is talking about.

Thats rude and nonsensical

May 1, 2019
IDK I thought we were just discussing Hebrews 10 lol.
I like discussions, but to be truthful if someone has all the answers and disguises the unveiling with questions that is not a discussion.

That said I am always open to hearing your positions on something. :) And seriously, it is kinda obvious which makes the whole process disingenuous. Even I do this sometimes and I shouldn't.

E

eternally-gratefull

IDK I thought we were just discussing Hebrews 10 lol.
You were, but you asked him a direct question, when he does not want to answer this is how he reacts. Especially if you keep,focusing back to your origional question, that he refuses to answer

Nov 23, 2013
The answer to why Christians sin and will continue to sin until we receive our glorified bodies is found here:

Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

It's not the old man that sins (he's dead), it's not the new man that sins (he's create by God), it's SIN that dwells in every human being on the planet including Paul and all Christians.

Nov 23, 2013
I like discussions, but to be truthful if someone has all the answers and disguises the unveiling with questions that is not a discussion.

That said I am always open to hearing your positions on something. :) And seriously, it is kinda obvious which makes the whole process disingenuous. Even I do this sometimes and I shouldn't.
Sorry I must have came across the wrong way. I don't know everything and I wasn't disguising anything.

E

eternally-gratefull

Pot calling kettle, EG? :) I've been on the receiving end of many of yours when I've simply disagreed.
Thats right. I do not answer questions, and when people like you push me, i say the same thing to deflect from my refusal to answer direct questions. :rolleyes::whistle:

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
Is that how you hunt deer? Bleeding them to death?

That's bogus.

You can drain the blood from an animal no matter how it's killed, I don't see 'you must only eat what has been killed by bleeding to death' in scripture, and moreover then the council is being superfluous because they already said, don't eat blood.
-_-'

.....what happens when you hurl metal into a deer? How does it die?

Hey, but maybe you chase them down and use your bare hands, I dunno *shrugs*...

This is a rabbit trail. You're avoiding the greater point again. Will you address the greater point?

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
Thats right. I do not answer questions, and when people like you push me, i say the same thing to deflect from my refusal to answer direct questions. :rolleyes::whistle:
So disagreeing with you points or saying your incorrect is "pushing you". Ok got it. Mental note.

E

eternally-gratefull

So disagreeing with you points or saying your incorrect is "pushing you". Ok got it. Mental note.
No, you can disagree all you want. I disagree with alot of my brothers. You do not see us whining and crying and attacking or playing games. It Also causes us to really search and learn, see other view points

But when asked a question and you refuse to answer, then do what happens alot, thinks like denial or blame shifting, then it becomes far more than a disagreement

E

eternally-gratefull

Ps, this is what i am talking about,, instead of trying to find out what i think you just attack and mock

E

eternally-gratefull

People need to realise, just because someone disagrees with you, and asks a question to help you see what they see, does not mean they hate, are attacking you or have an agenda.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Jesus teaches that He is come to fulfill the law.........Continuing in His teaching He warns all never to teach against the least of the laws for who does so will be least in the Kingdom, and that is forever...

Jesus, for those who read the law, has made the vast majority of the laws obsolete, yet there are laws of good conduct, morality, which build up together to form love.... Do not say you love folks if you do not know what love is. First it is God. When we love God and our fellows in the flesh we will automatically do those remaining laws, and we are here as representative s of Jesus to continue fulfilling the laws which make up love.

When a law is unjust or has no mercy.;;;forget it... We are not in this age to delve out vengeance at a any level, for that belongs to our Maker.

If a person says he loves his Teacher, Jesus, and has not a clue as to what the laws actually purport.......that self-professing believe is not understanding what the remaining law is........on our hearts.

We cannot do a thing to "earn" our salvation, for this is a fee gift and only for the repented of this age who believe Jesus. How now, does anyone claim to believe Jesus when d he has not learned from Him? This means all of the Word, not the doctrine of men version which amounts to rabbinical teaching..

May 1, 2019
The answer to why Christians sin and will continue to sin until we receive our glorified bodies is found here:

Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

It's not the old man that sins (he's dead), it's not the new man that sins (he's create by God), it's SIN that dwells in every human being on the planet including Paul and all Christians.

Anything to learn from Paul's words;

I die daily?