Did Jesus ever tell us that we no longer need to keep the law of Moses?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
Paul's teachings is in accordance and harmony with Jesus's teachings, therefore, if Jesus did not teach anyone not to keep the law, why would Paul do so?
But fact is that Paul did say we are not under the Law.

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
15Brothers and sisters, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case. 16The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. Scripture does not say “and to seeds,” meaning many people, but “and to your seed,” i meaning one person, who is Christ. 17What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise. 18For if the inheritance depends on the law, then it no longer depends on the promise; but God in his grace gave it to Abraham through a promise.

an example from every day life shows you cannot combine human covevants once it is established why then would try to do so with God's covenant. Abraham's covenant had one Heir and that Heir is the Son of Abraham Jesus Christ,

This is hugely important the Mosaic Covenant was not even given until 430 years after God had made what we call the Abrahamic covenant that was to be fulfilled by the Seed of Abraham by Himself. But what finishes the teaching is the finisher.

19Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator. 20A mediator, however, implies more than one party; but God is one.

Why then was the Law given. Paul could have answered right here "Obey the Law of Moses." That's all it would have taken to end this controversy. But Paul says no matter what it was only to be in effect until the Seed of Abraham had come. Christ was here and the Law for believers was no longer applicable but what the Law says it says to the unredeemed. There is one more factor we must place for consideration. We are told in 1 Cor. 15: 55- 56: 55“Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” 56The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.…The power of sin is the Law. The Law was designed by God to allow sin to become utterly sinful that man might realize his need for a Savior and then to lead that person to the Savior the Seed of Abraham Jesus Christ.

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
I told you, "spirit" is a mistranslation. The correct translation of that passage is:

Then Yehovah said, “My breath shall not abide in man aeonially, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.”
Genesis 6:3

For it was the breath of God that gave man life,

then Yehovah God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living soul.
Genesis 2:7

And it is the breath that returns to God who gave it,

and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the breath returns to God who gave it.
Ecclesiastes 12:7

When you hide your face, they are terrified; when you take away their breath, they die and return to the dust.
Psalm 104:29

As the body without the breath is dead, so belief without works is dead.
James 2:26

Yeshuah called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my breath.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.
Luke 23:46

And when Yeshuah had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his breath.
Matthew 27:50

http://www.wisdomofgod.us/2018/08/2...-word-spirit-the-identity-of-the-wind-of-god/

Over and over again you refuse to understand the truth. This is why it is written concerning many of you, "they honor me with their lips, but their hearts are very far from me" and "my people perish for lack of knowledge". You are a people without understanding, and stiff necked.

We don't really have time to argue about how the entire Word was translated into our language. In the preface of the 1611 KJ they straight up said "we did the best we could, made some mistakes". You seem to think that is the only word they got wrong. Does it change anything? No. Breath of Life, invisible force, spirit, we all get the picture. Why aren't you going after Easter? That is a far more devastating problem, people worshipping Ishtar, the fertility goddess with all the "eggs and quick like a rabbits" instead of the High Holy Day of Christianity, Passover.

You don't feel Gods Plan is more important than a word you "don't like how it was rendered"?? I think you are way to wise for me to argue with, it is true, the way you see the Word is very confusing to me, I don't like that.

I don't refuse to understand Gods Truth. Yours yes, His no. You may need to work on your people skills. It seems you are coming up a lacking in breath or put another way, the fruit of your breath isn't very becoming a Christian sometimes, IMO

Aug 17, 2019
Hi Wokinluv!

Jesus did teach obedience to the law of Moses, but Paul did not.
While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. LISTEN TO HIM!” Matthew 17:5

Did God tell you not to listen to His Son anymore after His resurrection?

In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. Hebrews 1:1-2

Are we not in the last days? Did His words pass away? Did Paul say otherwise?

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. Matthew 24:35

The bolded sentence above is interesting. I had never before noticed it.

The Lord Jesus here is talking to the Jews, under the Old Covenant, and He is exhorting them to keep the law of Moses.

True obedience means doing (or not doing) what is prescribed by CURRENT laws.
What was given to Israel is for all Israel. We are a new creation with the Jews IN Christ.

remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. Ephesians 2:12-13

For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.Ephesians 2:10

by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, Ephesians 2:15

For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man, in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit. Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Romans 8:3-7

The commandments, “Do not commit adultery,” “Do not murder,” “Do not steal,” “Do not covet,” and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. Romans 13:9-10

And now, dear lady, I am not writaAing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. 2 John 1:5

See? Jesus said the Pharisees were hypocrites, but confirmed their authority as teachers. Don't you feel the law of Moses was close to its end? Do you think Jesus wanted us to submit ourselves to such leaders for many centuries to come?
He says the law is holy, but he doesn't say we have to keep the law.
If you are controlled by the Spirit you don't need the law of Moses.
Who gave the law of Moses for all Israel, isn't it God? do you consider the law given to Moses for all Israel as God's words? If it is, do you keep God's words or not? Pease answer these questions as honestly as possible.

"Let God be true, and every man a liar."

Aug 17, 2019
i agree.

So you do agree that Jesus did not teach anyone "not to keep the law". Did i get it right?

And read this again and tell me what it says about your reply.

All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) Romans 2:12-15

Does it look like Paul was teaching or saying that no one should keep the law? Or does he agree with Jesus who made him His apostle and from whom he got or received his gospel teachings from?
Paul just like the Lord Jesus defies HYPOCRISY and taught OBEDIENCE to God's commandments. They did
not teach anything against the law but they rather upheld it.

Jesus said;

“The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.
Matthew 23:2-3

Through John;

Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.” Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?” Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. John 14:21-24

Through Mark;

He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: “‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.’ You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.” And he said to them: “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.’ But you say that if a man says to his father or mother: ‘Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is Corban’ (that is, a gift devoted to God), then you no longer let him do anything for his father or mother. Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.” Mark 7:6-13

Through Luke;

Meanwhile, when a crowd of many thousands had gathered, so that they were trampling on one another, Jesus began to speak first to his disciples, saying: “Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.

Paul wrote these things;

I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me in leading the Gentiles to obey God by what I have said and done—
Romans 15:18

So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good. Romans 7:12

For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man, in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit. Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace; the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Romans 8:1-17

The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through HYPOCRITICAL LIARS, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 1Timothy 4:1-2

Paul's teachings is in accordance and harmony with Jesus's teachings, therefore, if Jesus did not teach anyone not to keep the law, why would Paul do so?
Take for example the ff:

On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?” “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?” He answered: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.” But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?” In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’ “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?” The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.” Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”
Luke 10:25-37

All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.)Romans 2:1-16

So Paul as the apostle to the Gentiles did not teach against the law but warned them instead about "LAWLESSNESS".

For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12

"Let God be true, and every man a liar."

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Revelation 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Revelation 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Revelation 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Revelation 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Why is it the dead "live not again" until the 1000 years are finished???? Well, what happens at the end of that time???

Satan is loosed, and when he is

the dead
((or better said "spiritually dead" and must stay that way for THE WHOLE 1000 YRS till Satan is loosed, ))

will be tested, just like those of the first resurrection were. Hopefully they ABSORBED "The true Word of God" DURING that 1000 years while they were being taught by the "PRIESTS OF GOD AND OF CHRIST" OR by those of the FIRST RESURRECTION.

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Luke 16:25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
Luke 16:26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Ezekiel 47:1 Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar.
Ezekiel 47:2 Then brought he me out of the way of the gate northward, and led me about the way without unto the utter gate by the way that looketh eastward; and, behold, there ran out waters on the right side.
Ezekiel 47:3 And when the man that had the line in his hand went forth eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the waters were to the ankles.
Ezekiel 47:4 Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins.
Ezekiel 47:5 Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over.
Ezekiel 47:6 And he said unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen this? Then he brought me, and caused me to return to the brink of the river.
Ezekiel 47:7 Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other.

Zechariah 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

Zechariah 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Zechariah 14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

Zechariah 14:6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:

Zechariah 14:7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

Zechariah 14:8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

Zechariah 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Tell me, are the following things sin? Yes or no for each will suffice.
A man dressing as a woman.
I think that each of the examples that you gave may or may not be sin depending on other things in the situation.

Taking your first example, I know a man who does dress as a woman in order to work as a prostitute to earn money to support his heavy use of recreational drugs. Or that was my impression, at least. That sounds like sin to me, because it doesn't fit well with the fruit of the spirit in Galatians 5, the lifestyle fits much more in the works of the flesh category.

Are you old enough to remember the TV show baretta? I think it was in the opening of the first episode where is Robert Blake, who is a powerfully built man and plays a police officer, dresses as an old lady and walks in a park in order to catch the purse snatcher that has been preying on women in that area. But you don't know that at the beginning, all you see is a little old lady walking in a park and a bad man comes along and grabs her purse and runs away.

But then suddenly the little old lady is sprinting after him, forcefully tackles him, wrestles him to the ground, and takes him in.

That doesn't sound like sin to me, because we know that the authority of the government is ordained by God, and is there to help establish peace, which is what happens in the fictional example above.

So the same situation, a man dressing as a woman, can go either way.

Does that answer your question?

NayborBear

There is no such thing as "spiritual", it is a mistranslation. Aeolian is the correct word. Angels can transform into aeolian bodies, which is why they are invisible to the eye, and able to enter the body of a man through the airflow of his nostrils. However, angels are also able to transform back into their bodies of flesh and bones. Yes, angels possess bodies of flesh and bones, hence the physical body of the Messiah that ascended into heaven, for heaven is a physical place, out of our reach albeit, but no less physical than your surroundings that are physical. There is no such thing as "spiritual", only in your imagination as a result of the mistranslation. As such, when the Messiah returns, he will return in his physical body, to rule over this physical earth. It is not a spiritual imaginary wishy washy rulership, it is a physical and literal rulership.
To say I "appreciate" what yer doing/saying would be an understatement.
I've been doing/saying pretty much the same thing for 4 years in different threads throughout CC. (the major majority in the "BDF" section)
Using "different terminology" then you. Six of one/half dozen of another I say. :)

It's not "rocket science."
Although, words of vanity, would liken it to be so, for some. :cool:

Lemme ask you a question, if I may.
Have you been through an "event/experience", such as this?:
Isaiah 28
18 And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.
19 From the time that it goeth forth it shall take you: for morning by morning shall it pass over, by day and by night: and it shall be a vexation only to understand the report.
20 For the bed (salvation) is shorter than that a man can stretch himself on it: and the covering (love) narrower than that he can wrap himself in it.

Oct 24, 2019
To say I "appreciate" what yer doing/saying would be an understatement.
I've been doing/saying pretty much the same thing for 4 years in different threads throughout CC. (the major majority in the "BDF" section)
Using "different terminology" then you. Six of one/half dozen of another I say. :)

It's not "rocket science."
Although, words of vanity, would liken it to be so, for some. :cool:

Lemme ask you a question, if I may.
Have you been through an "event/experience", such as this?:
Isaiah 28
18 And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.
19 From the time that it goeth forth it shall take you: for morning by morning shall it pass over, by day and by night: and it shall be a vexation only to understand the report.
20 For the bed (salvation) is shorter than that a man can stretch himself on it: and the covering (love) narrower than that he can wrap himself in it.
This prophecy is related to the 5th trumpet blast. After the coming of the Messiah angels will be released to prevent the inhabitants of the earth from killing themselves, to force them to endure the 7 plagues that come a few days later, which in turn will cause agony for up to 5 months as each man is judged and thrown into the lake of lava, for the first plague will be boils that will bring agony to the world and people will gnaw their tongues because of the agony. And rightly so the world deserves what is coming against them, for refusing to believe and obey, so they will be made to suffer, very soon. Read my bible study regarding the appointed times of the Torah where I discuss this passage in Isaiah in the context of the 5th trumpet blast. http://www.wisdomofgod.us/2018/10/2...nd-fulfillment-of-the-festivals-of-the-torah/

Oct 18, 2019
The question has a flaw: It is not the law of Moses, it is the law of Elohim.

Heb 10:1For the law (nomos) having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

Heb 10:8Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law (nomos);

Jam 2:9But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law (nomos) as transgressors.

Jam 2:11For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law (nomos).

Jam 2:12So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law (nomos) of liberty.

Jam 4:11Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law (nomos), and judgeth the law (nomos): but if thou judge the law (nomos), thou art not a doer of the law (nomos), but a judge.

1Jo 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law (nomos): for sin is the transgression of the law (nomos).

There is further warning against disregarding the law of Elohim.

2Thes 2:8And then shall that Wicked (anomos) be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

The word anomos, translated as "wicked" meaning "destitute of Mosaic Law". He isn't without law, but he disregards the law of YHWH. Lawlessness in the eyes of the creator is rebellion against His law. As he states, he does not change, his law is eternal and Holy.

Rom 7:12Wherefore the law (nomos) is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Psa 119:104Through Your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way.

Psa 119:111-113Your testimonies I have taken as a heritage forever [this word “forever” is extremely important], for they are the rejoicing of my heart. I have inclined my heart to perform Your statutes forever, to the very end. I hate the double-minded, but I love Your law.

Psa 119:115Depart from me, you evildoers, for I will keep the commandments of my God!

Psa 119:126It is time for You to act, O Lord, for they have regarded Your law as void.

Psa 119:127-128Therefore I love Your commandments more than gold, yes, than fine gold! therefore all Your precepts concerning all things I consider to be right; I hate every false way.

Psa 119:138Your testimonies, which You have commanded, are righteous and very faithful.

Psa 119:142-143Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and Your law is truth. Trouble and anguish have overtaken me, yet Your commandments are my delights.

Psa 119:152Concerning Your testimonies, I have known of old that You have founded them forever.

Psa 119:160 The entirety of Your word is truth, and every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever.

Luk 16:17And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one tittle of the law to fail.

Luk 24:44-45Then He said to them, "These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me." And He opened their understanding, that they might comprehend the Scriptures.

Mat 5:18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled.

Mat 5:17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.

Rom 3:31Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.

Mat 22:36-40"Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?" Jesus said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

Psa 40:8I delight to do Your will, O my God, and Your law is within my heart.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

As we speak, the true followers of El Elyon are being set apart, returning to the Law. They false church is falling away from His eternal Law and is absorbed into the Beast system.

NayborBear

This prophecy is related to the 5th trumpet blast. After the coming of the Messiah angels will be released to prevent the inhabitants of the earth from killing themselves, to force them to endure the 7 plagues that come a few days later, which in turn will cause agony for up to 5 months as each man is judged and thrown into the lake of lava, for the first plague will be boils that will bring agony to the world and people will gnaw their tongues because of the agony. And rightly so the world deserves what is coming against them, for refusing to believe and obey, so they will be made to suffer, very soon. Read my bible study regarding the appointed times of the Torah where I discuss this passage in Isaiah in the context of the 5th trumpet blast. http://www.wisdomofgod.us/2018/10/2...nd-fulfillment-of-the-festivals-of-the-torah/
Not knowing if you are correct or not in your assessment of what Adonai Elohim-Tzva’ot related to Isaiah.

But, "assuming" you are?

I had an "experience/event" somewhat similar to that some 30+ years ago. I "likened" it to what It "felt" like what actually happened. It "felt" like "The Great and Terrible Day of the Lord!"
Great
in it's love! Yet Terrible in what that love "revealed!"

This lasted around 20 minutes er so.
To be told afterwards that "that" which I had just experienced, was just a "sliver of His pinky nail" of love.

I was thinking, perhaps you might "shed some light" concerning this experience. Or, you have heard of such an experience, or have experienced something "similar" yourself.

Or, what you might consider it to be. :unsure:

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
Marcelo said: But fact is that Paul did say we are not under the Law.
i agree.

So you do agree that Jesus did not teach anyone "not to keep the law". Did i get it right?

And read this again and tell me what it says about your reply.

All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) Romans 2:12-15

Does it look like Paul was teaching or saying that no one should keep the law? Or does he agree with Jesus who made him His apostle and from whom he got or received his gospel teachings from?
I've always agreed with you that, before the ascension, Jesus never told anyone to stop keeping the Law.

In the fourth and largest paragraph (of your post above) Paul is saying that each person will be judged according to the law they are under -- he does not say which covenant was then in force.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
Marcelo said: But fact is that Paul did say we are not under the Law.
Marcelo said: Hi Wokinluv! Jesus did teach obedience to the law of Moses, but Paul did not.
While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. LISTEN TO HIM!” Matthew 17:5

Did God tell you not to listen to His Son anymore after His resurrection?
We must listen to His whole message (part I and part II). If you don't listen to Paul (who said we are not under the Law), you are disregarding part II of the Lord's message.

I

IFOLLOWHIM

The Law of Moses was an identifier of the sins they committed,a corrector if you will. Jesus sent the Holy Spirit as such,to lead us in the word to walk correctly in the law of love( Jesus covenant)!

Today because of their rejection of the Messiah Israel still abides by the Mosiac Law,we however live under Grace,faith,and love through the death,burial,resurrection and ascension of our Saviour Jesus ,who took the curse of the law upon the cross!
JMO by what I have found studying the Word of God

Aug 17, 2019
We must listen to His whole message (part I and part II). If you don't listen to Paul (who said we are not under the Law), you are disregarding part II of the Lord's message.

I've always agreed with you that, before the ascension, Jesus never told anyone to stop keeping the Law.

In the fourth and largest paragraph (of your post above) Paul is saying that each person will be judged according to the law they are under -- he does not say which covenant was then in force.
Gentiles are not the ones who were given the law of Moses and that's a fact. Now, if Gentiles who are not under the law, do the things required by the law, (Romans 2:12-16)are they relying and putting themselves under the law by doing so and are therefore cursed if they don't continue to do all the things written in the book of the Law? (Galatians 3:10-14) Do you believe this, and that Paul was teaching the Gentiles who were (in fact) not under the law but under the Grace and a new covenant, to NO LONGER FOLLOW the law of Moses? How can someone who is NOT under the law..."NO LONGER FOLLOW THE LAW"?

(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law,
Romans 2:14

The word/s of the Master is a law to His servants, written on their hearts.

Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and walk in Love.

GOD IS good and His LOVE endures forever. Amen

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Over 10,000 posts and y'all haven't managed to answer the title question yet???

Just kidding...

;)

:)

Aug 17, 2019
Over 10,000 posts and y'all haven't managed to answer the title question yet???

Just kidding...

;)

:)

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. Matthew 24:35

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
Hi, what if the words were designed to accomplish certain things and then be at an end? My word does not return to Him void without accomplishing all Hr wanted them to do. Then what?

the Law was added, placed alongside of the Abrahamic Covenat. The two covenants were like two roads built side by side. Both roads have the same destination but when they bring someone to the Lord only the Abrahamic Covenant is eternal. There is when you reach this place a higher form of Law and the power to live that life. A power that not only can but does fulfill the entire Law.the Love of the Kingdom of God, the Beatitudes.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Matthew 12:43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
(why isn't he just going back and forth between his two bodies? why does he have to find another man?)
Matthew 12:44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
(so he goes back to the man he left)
Matthew 12:45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

"After the coming of the Messiah", so does Messiah come at the 5th trump? or the 4th? or the 6th? or the 7th?
is this 5 months during the millennium or before?
Where is Satan during all this?

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Oct 24, 2019
Matthew 12:43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
(why isn't he just going back and forth between his two bodies? why does he have to find another man?)
Matthew 12:44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
(so he goes back to the man he left)
Matthew 12:45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

"After the coming of the Messiah", so does Messiah come at the 5th trump? or the 4th? or the 6th? or the 7th?
is this 5 months during the millennium or before?
Where is Satan during all this?

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
The Messiah comes 7.5 days prior to the first trumpet blast.