Did Jesus ever tell us that we no longer need to keep the law of Moses?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Maybe, and just maybe, cause I have never studied it, it changed because while Jesus was physically on earth it was different than it was going to be once He had risen. Just a thought.
Exactly! Jesus is the same yesterday today and forever, but the commandments he gives us may change.

DeighAnn

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
Jun 11, 2019
Exactly! Jesus is the same yesterday today and forever, but the commandments he gives us may change.
Did the commandments change or did the way we were to approach them change?

Matthew 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Israel, not having the benefit of the Holy Spirit, as we now do, followed "the exact" letter, or the meanings of the words written, without the "spirit" the "words" were meant to convey. They could look "perfect" on the outside, but the "feelings" of love for one another didn't shine through. Jesus brought the "love" that was lacking from the "duty" they only saw in them. We don't just follow them because they are given laws, but with the help of the Holy spirit, our hearts and minds are opened to the love of God found within them and the love we are to convey to God and others. God wrote them with love, men followed them in duty, Jesus changed that. We were sent the Holy Spirit, so that we could become holy, to think and feel holy, not just "act" holy.

But yes, we are no longer sacrificing animals, but it is still by Blood.

I think my eyes were really opened when I was reading of the Millennial Temple, and if I didn't know better, I would have thought I was reading in the book of Moses. I realize it is all going to be "spiritual" then, but the description is so very similar leading me to realize, just like Jesus said, not a jot....

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Did the commandments change or did the way we were to approach them change?

Matthew 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Israel, not having the benefit of the Holy Spirit, as we now do, followed "the exact" letter, or the meanings of the words written, without the "spirit" the "words" were meant to convey. They could look "perfect" on the outside, but the "feelings" of love for one another didn't shine through. Jesus brought the "love" that was lacking from the "duty" they only saw in them. We don't just follow them because they are given laws, but with the help of the Holy spirit, our hearts and minds are opened to the love of God found within them and the love we are to convey to God and others. God wrote them with love, men followed them in duty, Jesus changed that. We were sent the Holy Spirit, so that we could become holy, to think and feel holy, not just "act" holy.

But yes, we are no longer sacrificing animals, but it is still by Blood.

I think my eyes were really opened when I was reading of the Millennial Temple, and if I didn't know better, I would have thought I was reading in the book of Moses. I realize it is all going to be "spiritual" then, but the description is so very similar leading me to realize, just like Jesus said, not a jot....
In the two examples that I gave, if I remember right, it was the actual commandments that changed.

I agree that not a jot passes from the law or the prophets until all is fulfilled.

Jesus said he came to fulfill them, and I believe he was successful!

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
In the two examples that I gave, if I remember right, it was the actual commandments that changed.

I agree that not a jot passes from the law or the prophets until all is fulfilled.

And I agree He completely fulfilled all those " for that time period", so except for all those " day of vengeance" returning as" Lord of lords...", you know all the end time prophecy yet to come. I have no idea how anyone can not believe the bible is the WORD of GOD.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019

I would imagine there will be more changes for the Millennium and they are absolutely gonna be way different for the eternity, no evil being around and everyone already judged. Just can't hardly wait. I totally understand Paul being ready to move on NOW to be with the Lord. But we have work to do....

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Does the New Covenant get rid of "law" and bring in "love"?

John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Which is the way we sinners, those who transgress the law, are made perfect once again. No longer is the only sentence to be death for breaking the law of God, now through the Blood of the Lamb, when we sin, and then come to repentance, we ask forgiveness and are washed clean.
John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous
Sitting right beside God, our High Priest.
John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins and not for our's only but also for the sins of the whole world.
John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
It is through the Blood of the Lamb we keep the commandments of God in a way acceptable to Him.

AND when we keep them in our hearts and minds they naturally become a part of us. A part of who we are, what we think, how we act. It is through them we come closer to the holiness of God, so we can love and live with God and all our brethren in the ways acceptable to the Lord. We must not only read them, but study and pray and ponder upon them.
God has given us freewill to choose. We can choose His ways or the ways of the world (our way). We can offer our love to Him in the ways that please Him, or we can "think" we know better and do it our way, but that does not pleases Him. (remember Cain?) Our following His commandments pleases Him. and anything that tries to change that way, is not of God. We are not free to pick one or two and say "this is His way"

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
(This would seem to apply specifically to teachers)

What happens to us if we don't "apply" the Word, the commands of God?
James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
James 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass
James 1:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
James 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
James 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
This is why we are to "do" all the commands of God. If we think that the gift of the Holy Spirit negates ANY OF the Word, we are only deceiving ourselves. We walk in the love of God by "walking" His way, not after "feelings and thoughts" of our own because "a forgetful" hearer is what we will become, and what follows that is a religion of our own making, not Gods and we become strangers to Him.

The beginning and end of a Psalm which by the end should "open" the eyes and ears to GODS THOUGHTS ON THE SUBJECT
Psalm 119:1 Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
Psalm 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
Psalm 119:3 They also do no iniquity they walk in his ways.
Psalm 119:4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
Psalm 119:5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
Psalm 119:6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
Psalm 119:7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
Psalm 119:8 I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.
Psalm 119:9 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
Psalm 119:10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.
Psalm 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Psalm 119:12 Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes.
Psalm 119:13 With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth.
Psalm 119:14 I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.
Psalm 119:15 I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.
Psalm 119:16 I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.
Psalm 119:17 Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live, and keep thy word.
Psalm 119:18 Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.
Psalm 119:19
I am a stranger in the earth hide not thy commandments from me.

Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
Psalm 119:166 LORD, I have hoped for thy salvation, and done thy commandments.
Psalm 119:167 My soul hath kept thy testimonies; and I love them exceedingly.
Psalm 119:168 I have kept thy precepts and thy testimonies: for all my ways are before thee.
Psalm 119:169 Let my cry come near before thee, O LORD: give me understanding according to thy word.
Psalm 119:170 Let my supplication come before thee: deliver me according to thy word.
Psalm 119:171 My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast taught me thy statutes.
Psalm 119:172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.
Psalm 119:173 Let thine hand help me; for I have chosen thy precepts.
Psalm 119:174 I have longed for thy salvation, O LORD; and thy law is my delight.
Psalm 119:175 Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; and let thy judgments help me.
Psalm 119:176 I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments.

It seems no matter where I am reading in the Word, following Gods commands is not an option. I thought I would count how many times we are told "KEEP, DO, LOVE, WALK, HAVE, SPEAK, TEACH, DELIGHT, SEEK, RESPECT, ETC." Gods laws. I have never seen, "do not follow my commands" and that will please Me. Or do not even try cause you can't and the Blood of the Lamb can't help you. Just by our very nature, to succeed in anything we must DO. Practice. Study, Muscles even have memory. To become good at anything takes an effort on our part. Why some feel walking holy should be not one of them is a mystery to me. It just goes against....the grain.

NO.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
And I agree He completely fulfilled all those " for that time period", so except for all those " day of vengeance" returning as" Lord of lords...", you know all the end time prophecy yet to come. I have no idea how anyone can not believe the bible is the WORD of GOD.
Often times when people read the phrase
The law and the prophets
They see it as
The laws and the prophecies.

But Jesus didn't say that he came to perform every single commandment and fulfill every prophecy.

So, as I understand it, it's
The law and the prophets
That Jesus fulfilled!

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
I would imagine there will be more changes for the Millennium and they are absolutely gonna be way different for the eternity, no evil being around and everyone already judged. Just can't hardly wait. I totally understand Paul being ready to move on NOW to be with the Lord. But we have work to do....
Galatians 3: 24. So that the law has become our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

My opinion, we won't need a tutor in the millennium.

Indeed, those who have already come to Christ no longer need a tutor to bring them to Christ.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Does the New Covenant get rid of "law" and bring in "love"?

John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Which is the way we sinners, those who transgress the law, are made perfect once again. No longer is the only sentence to be death for breaking the law of God, now through the Blood of the Lamb, when we sin, and then come to repentance, we ask forgiveness and are washed clean.
John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous
Sitting right beside God, our High Priest.
John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins and not for our's only but also for the sins of the whole world.
John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
It is through the Blood of the Lamb we keep the commandments of God in a way acceptable to Him.

AND when we keep them in our hearts and minds they naturally become a part of us. A part of who we are, what we think, how we act. It is through them we come closer to the holiness of God, so we can love and live with God and all our brethren in the ways acceptable to the Lord. We must not only read them, but study and pray and ponder upon them.
God has given us freewill to choose. We can choose His ways or the ways of the world (our way). We can offer our love to Him in the ways that please Him, or we can "think" we know better and do it our way, but that does not pleases Him. (remember Cain?) Our following His commandments pleases Him. and anything that tries to change that way, is not of God. We are not free to pick one or two and say "this is His way"

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
(This would seem to apply specifically to teachers)

What happens to us if we don't "apply" the Word, the commands of God?
James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
James 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass
James 1:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
James 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
James 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
This is why we are to "do" all the commands of God. If we think that the gift of the Holy Spirit negates ANY OF the Word, we are only deceiving ourselves. We walk in the love of God by "walking" His way, not after "feelings and thoughts" of our own because "a forgetful" hearer is what we will become, and what follows that is a religion of our own making, not Gods and we become strangers to Him.

The beginning and end of a Psalm which by the end should "open" the eyes and ears to GODS THOUGHTS ON THE SUBJECT
Psalm 119:1 Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
Psalm 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
Psalm 119:3 They also do no iniquity they walk in his ways.
Psalm 119:4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
Psalm 119:5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
Psalm 119:6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
Psalm 119:7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
Psalm 119:8 I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.
Psalm 119:9 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
Psalm 119:10 With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.
Psalm 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Psalm 119:12 Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes.
Psalm 119:13 With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth.
Psalm 119:14 I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.
Psalm 119:15 I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.
Psalm 119:16 I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.
Psalm 119:17 Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live, and keep thy word.
Psalm 119:18 Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.
Psalm 119:19
I am a stranger in the earth hide not thy commandments from me.

Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
Psalm 119:166 LORD, I have hoped for thy salvation, and done thy commandments.
Psalm 119:167 My soul hath kept thy testimonies; and I love them exceedingly.
Psalm 119:168 I have kept thy precepts and thy testimonies: for all my ways are before thee.
Psalm 119:169 Let my cry come near before thee, O LORD: give me understanding according to thy word.
Psalm 119:170 Let my supplication come before thee: deliver me according to thy word.
Psalm 119:171 My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast taught me thy statutes.
Psalm 119:172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.
Psalm 119:173 Let thine hand help me; for I have chosen thy precepts.
Psalm 119:174 I have longed for thy salvation, O LORD; and thy law is my delight.
Psalm 119:175 Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; and let thy judgments help me.
Psalm 119:176 I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments.

It seems no matter where I am reading in the Word, following Gods commands is not an option. I thought I would count how many times we are told "KEEP, DO, LOVE, WALK, HAVE, SPEAK, TEACH, DELIGHT, SEEK, RESPECT, ETC." Gods laws. I have never seen, "do not follow my commands" and that will please Me. Or do not even try cause you can't and the Blood of the Lamb can't help you. Just by our very nature, to succeed in anything we must DO. Practice. Study, Muscles even have memory. To become good at anything takes an effort on our part. Why some feel walking holy should be not one of them is a mystery to me. It just goes against....the grain.

NO.
I agree that we are to be very careful to keep the commandments that we are under.

I believe we are not under the commandments that God gave through Moses to the Israelites while they were in the wilderness.

Galatians 5: 18. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

E

eternally-gratefull

Galatians 3: 24. So that the law has become our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

My opinion, we won't need a tutor in the millennium.

Indeed, those who have already come to Christ no longer need a tutor to bring them to Christ.
That’s because our eternity is secure

we can not focus on love, and through love not break commands, because we are serving others not self

Oct 24, 2019
That’s because our eternity is secure

we can not focus on love, and through love not break commands, because we are serving others not self
[26] For if we sin wilfully after having the knowledge of the truth, there is now left no sacrifice for sins, [27] But a certain dreadful expectation of judgment, and the rage of a fire which shall consume the adversaries. [28] A man making void the law of Moses, dieth without any mercy under two or three witnesses: [29] How much more, do you think he deserveth worse punishments, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath esteemed the blood of the testament unclean, by which he was sanctified, and hath offered an affront to the Spirit of grace? [30] For we know him that hath said: Vengeance belongeth to me, and I will repay. And again: The Lord shall judge his people.

E

eternally-gratefull

[26] For if we sin wilfully after having the knowledge of the truth, there is now left no sacrifice for sins, [27] But a certain dreadful expectation of judgment, and the rage of a fire which shall consume the adversaries. [28] A man making void the law of Moses, dieth without any mercy under two or three witnesses: [29] How much more, do you think he deserveth worse punishments, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath esteemed the blood of the testament unclean, by which he was sanctified, and hath offered an affront to the Spirit of grace? [30] For we know him that hath said: Vengeance belongeth to me, and I will repay. And again: The Lord shall judge his people.
Stop excusing your sin.

and stop thinking your sin is unwillfulland stop thinking you can earn gods love. Here is the fact, he died for YOU when you were his enemy. He took the payment for those sins while you were giving him the finger. If you are made his son by his adopting you, why would he kick you out as a beloved son when he adopted you as an enemy?

sorry man, but your legalism will not working.

confess your sinfulness And rebellion to him, and ask him like the tax collector to have mercy on your soul.

Until you become poor in spirit (literally bankrupt) you will not find or know god.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Stop excusing your sin.

and stop thinking your sin is unwillfulland stop thinking you can earn gods love. Here is the fact, he died for YOU when you were his enemy. He took the payment for those sins while you were giving him the finger. If you are made his son by his adopting you, why would he kick you out as a beloved son when he adopted you as an enemy?

confess your sinfulness And rebellion to him, and ask him like the tax collector to have mercy on your soul.

Until you become poor in spirit (literally bankrupt) you will not find or know god.
They don't understand the scripture they quote.

Their work at the law cannot cause them to be less sinful. But they think it does.

It is only after coming to Christ and being set free from your work at the law that you can become less sinful.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
Stop excusing your sin.

Once again, you assume we haven't confessed our sinfulness or asked the Lord to have mercy on our souls. Quite the harsh judgement on your part, Once again on a thread about Gods Law, you say it is "legalism", like "Loving God, and loving your neighbor" somehow aren't commands just like the rest.

We don't excuse our sins, ever, but we do ACKNOWLEDGE them and repent. Why do we confess our sins and repent? To become more Christ like. To follow the commands given us.

John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. (what is sin? what are we to confess?)

John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. (you call this legalism) (except the ones that say walk in love, the ones you follow)

John 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. (and how did He walk? In obedience to God, in and through love, in and through His laws perfectly)

It is through the blood of Jesus sins are forgiven. We are not trying to "earn" something that was already given. (you just judge it to be that way). We are becoming more "Christlike" not only through love by also through obedience. You don't even realize how backwards what you say is because it has become so indoctrinated in you it feels like "truth". We are sinners or lawbreakers, all of us, at least according to God.

We will see exactly how God feels about HIS LAW and whether it should be taught to others to follow or not, or whether just "love" covers it all or not, and if He considers that life or legalism. If you walked in more than just the "commands to love" and truly cared about ALL the laws of God, you would know what a sin it is to insinuate to someone who has been saved, that they are not saved or as you phrased it "has not become poor enough in spirit" as far as eternally grateful sees it, to have been saved.

Seems that those 2 commands which you did decide WERE for you, didn't open your mind and heart to those other parts of Gods Law. Seems those who follow their own "pick and choose" formula don't think the other basics never have much meaning. Wonder how many laws get disregarded "though love without knowledge teaching"? But this we do know, God is keeping an exact list.

Why do you think HE SPENT all that time, having it all written out for us, leaving us without excuse or knowledge of His ways? It may sound "politically correct" with your companions of the same opinion, but reducing Gods Law to just "legalism", IMO isn't gonna fly any better that those who were first deceived with "rapsure" doctrine, followed by full on deceived by the false messiah through a lack of the truth found in Gods Word.

I know, I got it all wrong, again. That isn't what you teach or believe, yet that is how it keeps coming across in your posts.

To much focus on the law in the THREAD ABOUT THE LAW.

DeighAnn

Jun 11, 2019
They don't understand the scripture they quote.

Their work at the law cannot cause them to be less sinful. But they think it does.

It is only after coming to Christ and being set free from your work at the law that you can become less sinful.

They do understand the scripture they quote. Just not the doctrine you follow.

They do NOT WORK at the law as you put it. (all about the doctrine you hold fast to, not the Word of God) Less sin is committed by keeping His commandments, something YOU think of as WORK.

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
2 Corinthians 5:9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

They keep the commandments of God, AS GOD TELLS US TO

YOU put anyone who "tries" not only as a breaker of the commandments but as someone who has "not come to Christ". (judge much?)
Christ set us free FROM the death and penalty and the ordinances OF THE LAW,
NOT THE WORKS OF GOD.

But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected hereby know we that we are in him.
He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

AND How did Christ walk? Did He follow the law? Do you think is was "work" for Him to do so or do you think it was just a very natural state of His being? Well, it isn't natural for us is it? We have to crucify the flesh everyday, don't we?

E

eternally-gratefull

Once again, you assume we haven't confessed our sinfulness or asked the Lord to have mercy on our souls. Quite the harsh judgement on your part, Once again on a thread about Gods Law, you say it is "legalism", like "Loving God, and loving your neighbor" somehow aren't commands just like the rest.

We don't excuse our sins, ever, but we do ACKNOWLEDGE them and repent. Why do we confess our sins and repent? To become more Christ like. To follow the commands given us.

John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. (what is sin? what are we to confess?)

John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. (you call this legalism) (except the ones that say walk in love, the ones you follow)

John 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. (and how did He walk? In obedience to God, in and through love, in and through His laws perfectly)

It is through the blood of Jesus sins are forgiven. We are not trying to "earn" something that was already given. (you just judge it to be that way). We are becoming more "Christlike" not only through love by also through obedience. You don't even realize how backwards what you say is because it has become so indoctrinated in you it feels like "truth". We are sinners or lawbreakers, all of us, at least according to God.

We will see exactly how God feels about HIS LAW and whether it should be taught to others to follow or not, or whether just "love" covers it all or not, and if He considers that life or legalism. If you walked in more than just the "commands to love" and truly cared about ALL the laws of God, you would know what a sin it is to insinuate to someone who has been saved, that they are not saved or as you phrased it "has not become poor enough in spirit" as far as eternally grateful sees it, to have been saved.

Seems that those 2 commands which you did decide WERE for you, didn't open your mind and heart to those other parts of Gods Law. Seems those who follow their own "pick and choose" formula don't think the other basics never have much meaning. Wonder how many laws get disregarded "though love without knowledge teaching"? But this we do know, God is keeping an exact list.

Why do you think HE SPENT all that time, having it all written out for us, leaving us without excuse or knowledge of His ways? It may sound "politically correct" with your companions of the same opinion, but reducing Gods Law to just "legalism", IMO isn't gonna fly any better that those who were first deceived with "rapsure" doctrine, followed by full on deceived by the false messiah through a lack of the truth found in Gods Word.

I know, I got it all wrong, again. That isn't what you teach or believe, yet that is how it keeps coming across in your posts.

To much focus on the law in the THREAD ABOUT THE LAW.
First thing you need to do is understand why he used that verse.

if you knew, you would understand why I responded the way I did.
that verse is not about losing salvation as he insists it is, and using it that way means there are some sins where you will lose salvation and other sins that are in essence ok to commit, because you will not lose salvation doing those sins,

in essence, excusing those sins, while judging other people

E

eternally-gratefull

They do understand the scripture they quote. Just not the doctrine you follow.

They do NOT WORK at the law as you put it. (all about the doctrine you hold fast to, not the Word of God) Less sin is committed by keeping His commandments, something YOU think of as WORK.

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
2 Corinthians 5:9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

They keep the commandments of God, AS GOD TELLS US TO

YOU put anyone who "tries" not only as a breaker of the commandments but as someone who has "not come to Christ". (judge much?)
Christ set us free FROM the death and penalty and the ordinances OF THE LAW,
NOT THE WORKS OF GOD.

But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected hereby know we that we are in him.
He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

AND How did Christ walk? Did He follow the law? Do you think is was "work" for Him to do so or do you think it was just a very natural state of His being? Well, it isn't natural for us is it? We have to crucify the flesh everyday, don't we?
Um no they do not.

they think we obey to maintain salvation, not be disobedient so we do not lose salvation.

their works are self motivated in order to obtain self benefit (in this case salvation)

they do not understand grace. Which teaches us our works are producing fruit. ie. Others motivation in order to produce benefit for others, with no thought of gaining anything for self. Except the peace and joy of seeing fruit being produced in others.

that’s what separates us, We both teach obedience and righteousness, only one teaches is through law (works) the other teaches it through love (the law of Christ)