Did Jesus fail????

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
IMO people ought to post the actual reading like Willie did..... and keep it at the forefront of the discussion.
 

I have merely clarified the subject verse of the statement made in the OP.


You have substituted the subject verse from the one intended---->>>>


Romans 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin


for a verse of your own choosing and then condemn as a heretic the author of the statement without addressing the point made, which is


What do the words "will not impute sin" mean?


You have yet to answer this question.

Sorry, but you are trying to justify JP's herectical quote by Romans 4:8 which is about forgiveness of sin and imputed righteousness.
Romans 4:6-8

[SUP]6 [/SUP]Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

[SUP]7 [/SUP]Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin."




But JP's quote is not speaking about past sins forgiven, but about being set free from future sins after forgiveness of sins and God's imputed righteousness takes place.

You are trying to justify JP's misapplication of Romans 4:8 to what he said here---->>>>
Quote #19:
“Did Jesus die on the cross to free us from committing sinful actions or harboring sinful thoughts?
If He did, then allow me to conclude with reverence that He failed."
Chapter 5, pages 58-59

But Romans 4:6-8 is about having your past sins forgiven and having Christ's righteousness imputed, not about Jesus failing to set you free from sinful actions. What does imputed righteousness look like in a born again Christian? If Christ's righteousness is truly imputed then you will be like Christ, and you will be set free from sin and also committing sinful actions and harboring sinful thoughts.

JP speaks of what he knows naturally, which is from the perspective of a carnally minded man who is still in bondage to sin and still suffers from sinful thoughts and desires. His words about Jesus being unable to set you free from future sins and lustful thoughts are totally false.
 
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by InSpiritInTruth .

You think I sit here by the computer all day long waiting to be falsely accused by the same pack of wolves every day? LOL I have better things to do than wait for any proof from you guys on all the many false claims and accusations you make against me, which I know will never come, so why wait? :)


Still can't answer the simple three-word question, eh?

Willie this particular poster has been asked to be honest so many times in the past by different people about this sort of thing and he never has been truthful yet and answered.

I am afraid you are wasting your time. These OP's that are made in malice and slander do have a specific purpose ...it is for "baiting". This is where Romans 16:17 has to come into play unfortunately as they will have people going in a loup constantly with denials and accusations....etc.

We can post scriptures in threads but to interact with them is useless until repentance is shown.
 
Make one mistake..... & the hypergracers will be all over you like white on rice. It's obvious that mistake has been made.

Time to move on.....
 
Make one mistake..... & the hypergracers will be all over you like white on rice. It's obvious that mistake has been made.

Time to move on.....

I don't mind mistakes. It's deception and subterfuge I detest. I feel Prince is wrong on a couple of things, but I wouldn't try to invent things to supposedly "prove" it.
 

Willie this particular poster has been asked to be honest so many times in the past by different people about this sort of thing and he never has been truthful yet and answered.

I think this summarises the problem of slander. Unless you actually say what you are
talking about it is just slander and posturing. And I am not slandering you by saying this
I am saying 100% what you are doing with the above sentence.

Now if you cannot see what the difference between truth and slander you show this by your
slandering someone by not producing a real example.
 
I don't mind mistakes. It's deception and subterfuge I detest. I feel Prince is wrong on a couple of things, but I wouldn't try to invent things to supposedly "prove" it.

I agree with your sentiment, that in this kind of arena, you have to be correct about ones criticism
or you fall into the same error as the people one is trying to refute.
 
I don't mind mistakes. It's deception and subterfuge I detest. I feel Prince is wrong on a couple of things, but I wouldn't try to invent things to supposedly "prove" it.


I absolutely agree with you. You and I have talked a few times stating where we differ from Prince in some areas.

This deception and subterfuge, I too detest as it is ungodly behavior. Even when shown the truth - they still say the same things. There is something drastically wrong with this kind of "spirit" that drives this malice and slander for someone in the body of Christ
.
 
More "hyper grace" brainwashing mumbo jumbo which I have heard all before, that teaches it's followers a "disassociated identity" saying what I do in my body (such as constant sin) does not touch my perfect spirit (which God only looks at.) You guys are under a strong delusion. :)

Can a person justify and perfect themselves?Answer= NO

But after the persons has been born of the SPIRIT of GOD,they will have a desire not to sin In there mortal bodies.

This doesnt mean they won't sin,It means they wont have the desire to sin,If they do then I don't think they got saved.

You are putting the outward man before the Inward man.
 
You are putting the outward man before the Inward man.
Nope, that is your own straw man prop. You though, by proof of previous posts have shown you try to make a disconnect between the spirit working in the heart of man and a connection to his outward actions. You say his spirit is perfect but his actions are sinful, this is the mumbo jumbo "disassociated identity" gnostic belief of hyper grace you follow. :)
 
Can a person justify and perfect themselves?Answer= NO

But after the persons has been born of the SPIRIT of GOD,they will have a desire not to sin In there mortal bodies.

This doesnt mean they won't sin,It means they wont have the desire to sin,If they do then I don't think they got saved.

You are putting the outward man before the Inward man.

Amen...and also not knowing what "free from sin" means leads to this "sinless perfection in the flesh doctrine" which is espoused here. It is even said that if anyone sins - they are NOT of God but they are of the devil.

This is why they do not ever admit that they still sin when asked - because that would expose their religion for what it is. Then people would say - "You sin so you are not of God and are of the devil then."

Obviously their "application" of the scriptures are off concerning sin and sinning and who is a child of God and who is of the devil.

There is a difference between "sin" the noun ( which is the sin in our flesh ) and "sinning" the verb ( which is the action of sinning ) in Romans 6-7. The noun was used 48x times while the verb only once.

This is illustrating the circumcision of Christ where the Holy spirit seals us in our inner man that is the new creation in Christ from the body of the flesh where the "sin" dwells. Col.2:11 and Romans 7:17-23
 
All the "con" text in the world could not cover up the stink of this poo-poo---->>>Joseph Prince says this....
Quote #19:
“Did Jesus die on the cross to free us from committing sinful actions or harboring sinful thoughts?
If He did, then allow me to conclude with reverence that He failed."
Chapter 5, pages 58-59

That's a real stinker there....peee uuuuu :)
 
I don't mind mistakes. It's deception and subterfuge I detest. I feel Prince is wrong on a couple of things, but I wouldn't try to invent things to supposedly "prove" it.
Now THAT we can agree on! Why invent when the truth is splashed all over the internet? Why show stupid videos that don't address the issue when they have the book?

Willie, if this book had been posted in its context months ago, many of these threads would have never been written.

One of the things I'm gonna start asking for is the actual words & context from Destined to Reign, because several members in this forum have the book, but they won't post it..... AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY.
 
[QUOTEObviously their "application" of the scriptures are off concerning sin and sinning and who is a child of God and who is of the devil.][/QUOTE]

Pretty straightforward stuff, whosoever commits sin is of the Devil--->>>1 John 3:8
Whosoever is born of God does not---->>>
1 John 3:9


 
Willie, if this book had been posted in its context months ago, many of these threads would have never been written.

I think the opposite would be true because looking at what Willie quoted in greater context I saw even more errors, which I did not even comment on. The more of Mr. Princes words are posted the more his errors will be exposed. By the way, I do not have any of his books, all I have is partial quotes from the web. But I have read enough of his stuff and watched enough of his vids to know he is a phony. And I would not even take one of his books if it were offered to me for free, even if I was out of toilet paper. LOL :)
 
Does the OP ever sin?....pretty straight forward stuff.....and we all know that he does. Then in his "application" of the scripture - who ever commits sin is of the devil - he is of the devil himself. See how this religion falls apart?

The truth is his "application" of the scripture is way off the truth of the gospel of the grace of Christ.

It is useless as dozens of times people have asked the same question and it is ignored.
 
  • Like
Reactions: seed_time_harvest
Nope, that is your own straw man prop. You though, by proof of previous posts have shown you try to make a disconnect between the spirit working in the heart of man and a connection to his outward actions. You say his spirit is perfect but his actions are sinful, this is the mumbo jumbo "disassociated identity" gnostic belief of hyper grace you follow. :)

Move on to meat,get off the milk,you should know by now.
 
There is something drastically wrong with this kind of "spirit" that drives this malice and slander for someone in the body of Christ.

I have to laugh at this comment.
Firstly I see no malice here or slander, only someones opinion regarding heresy.
Secondly you cannot call people anti-christ and then say you are in the body of Christ
and they are so evil. It is you who has drawn the line, disowned an individual, painted
yourself as a true follower and then saying this sinner, how dare they suggest you are
sinning.

Your language continually condemns simple faithful believers, which is not the work of
Jesus. I would question how you know Jesus to behave like this and pick the fights
you pick, and then say, do not comment and leave these people alone, but you continually
do the opposite. That is hypocracy. Why do you not take your own advice?