E
eternally-gratefull
Guest
While do not like JP at all, for much bigger things than this, perhaps this statement is taken out of context?
I do not think we are instantly perfected. Justified positionally, of course! But the process of breaking free from sin and sinful thoughts is a journey and a process. When I was saved, God took drinking and drunkenness totally away from me. I have never had another single thought about liquor, except not understanding why people would drink, and the journey not to condemn Christians who do. This is sanctification!
Other things, God has lead me slowly! Some things I did not even know were sin! I was a pagan as far as God's expectations. But the Holy Spirit kept showing me the way I needed to go, in his Word and in my heart! My temper took me 30 years to get under control. I have to be pretty sick and in pain to lose it, and the last week, although I cried bitterly one night the pain was so excruciating, I did not get angry or blame God. In fact, I testify in health forums all the time to the peace God has given me in spite of the pain and the increasingly deformed joints.
If JP is saying God is working on us, as we walk with him. I have no objections to his statement. If he thinks we can never change, (and I very much doubt that!) then perhaps this is right. I am not going to read JP's books to find out, but it would behoove all posters to check out the context of the statements they are posting, before they use it.
I am not just talking about this thread, but many others!
sadly when all your doing is looking for something to attack, You are blinded and look for little points which you think you can bash..
Been going on by certain people in CC for quite a few months now.