Did Jesus rise from the dead on the third day?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LPT

Was that in respect to my request? If so maybe more than one troll? LOL

I would think a new believer would want to understand the phrase "heart of the earth" which would be defined when compared to "belly of the whale" seeing it is the last sign as wonder (Sign of Jonas) that Christ fulfilled, in three days .

Why make it the tomb of the dead if it was a living sacrifice?

Jonah 2 King James Version (KJV) Then Jonah prayed unto the Lord his God out of the fish's belly, And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord, and he heard me; out of the belly of "hell" cried I, and thou heardest my voice.

What does heart of the earth mean? Does the earth have a literal breathing heart? If so what is it filled with?
I like that indeed the heart of the earth keeps the earth safe from much harmful rays and most flying space debre allows for an atmosphere with air to breathe, without the core there would be no life on earth. the magma in the belly of the earth flows and moves it is not dead and has many purposes for sustaining life. the sun sustains life as well as the core of earth.

Mar 28, 2016
I like that indeed the heart of the earth keeps the earth safe from much harmful rays and most flying space debre allows for an atmosphere with air to breathe, without the core there would be no life on earth. the magma in the belly of the earth flows and moves it is not dead and has many purposes for sustaining life. the sun sustains life as well as the core of earth.
Amen, yet it cannot produce one breath of spirit life .

And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. Geneisis 6:5

Heart of the earth can represent an evil continually as a living hell.(no rest) We know its a living work of "hell" when compared to the "belly of the whale"

If it was not living work how could one cry out? God delivered Jonas just as in the garden at the beginning of the Son' of mans three day work of faith, or labor of love .When Jesus cried by reason of his infliction he was also strengthened by the father to finish the work

Jonah 2 King James Version (KJV) Then Jonah prayed unto the Lord his God out of the fish's belly, And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord, and he heard me; out of the belly of "hell" cried I, and thou heardest my voice.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013
And none of that is in the order in which it happened, and I’ll say another statement, the folks that was resurrected didn’t happened at the cross and stand around for a couple of days hiding out in the woods or standing by their graves waiting to go into the city, no no that’s placing the cart before the horse. sorry my friend most of those verses are out of order.

So what part of "While it was still Dark" and "Just after Sunrise", do you think is out of ORDER ? ? ?

Sorry, I believe what the BIBLE Actually Says.

L

LPT

So what part of "While it was still Dark" and "Just after Sunrise", do you think is out of ORDER ? ? ?

Sorry, I believe what the BIBLE Actually Says.
I believe as well, i see you posted a NIV this as well.

Lk24:1 On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb.
Mt28:2 There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it.
Mt28:3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow.
Mt28:4 The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.
Mt27:52 The tombs broke open and the bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.
Mt27:53 They came out of the tombs, and after Jesus' resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many people.
Mt27:54 When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, "Surely he was the Son of God!"
Mk16:8 Trembling and bewildered, the women went out and fled from the tomb. They said nothing to anyone, because they were afraid.
Mt28:11 While the women were on their way, some of the guards went into the city and reported to the chief priests everything that had happened.
Mt28:12 When the chief priests had met with the elders and devised a plan, they gave the soldiers a large sum of money,
Mt28:13 telling them, "You are to say, `His disciples came during the night and stole him away while we were asleep.'
Mt28:14 If this report gets to the governor, we will satisfy him and keep you out of trouble."
Mt28:15 So the soldiers took the money and did as they were instructed. And this story has been widely circulated among the Jews to this very day.

Jh20:1 Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance.

Jh20:11 but Mary stood outside the tomb crying. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb
Jh20:12 and saw two angels in white, seated where Jesus' body had been, one at the head and the other at the foot.
Jh20:13 They asked her, "Woman, why are you crying?" "They have taken my Lord away," she said, "and I don't know where they have put him."
Jh20:14 At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus.
Jh20:15 "Woman," he said, "why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?" Thinking he was the gardener, she said, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him."

Jh20:16 Jesus said to her, "Mary." She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, "Rabboni!" (which means Teacher).
Jh20:17 Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, `I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"
Mk16:9 When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had driven seven demons.
Mk16:10 She went and told those who had been with him and who were mourning and weeping.

This is a older version of mine i have revised it a little.

And I haven’t posted the sunrise yet...

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Sadly It is futile to try and know the exact weekly secular day the 14th Abib fell on back sum 2000 yrs. the Passover has fell on all seven named days many many times over and over since the invention of the Julian and Gregorian calenders.

First and foremost one would have to know the exact year Jesus died to even attempt such a feat then the subtraction of leap yrs and the subtraction of months the Jewish calander adds as well because you have to work backwards in time to know, can’t just say yea it was on Wednesday there’s no truth in that at all. when folks say it was on a Wednesday or Thursday or Friday etc. it is pure guesswork.
Maybe this will answer this question: Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday. The Romans said it was Friday because of the sundown Sabbath was approaching. But it says in John 19:14 it was the preparation day (crucifixion day) which is the day before the annual Sabbath of the First Day of Unleavened Bread. Ask any Jew what the preparation day is. Three days and three nights raises Him on Saturday evening. He had already risen by early Sunday (John 20:1).

Jesus was talking with Mary saying he had not ascended to His Father yet: John 20:16-18: “Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.”

Jesus Appears to the Disciples

John 20:19: “Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.”

Later that same day He appeared to His disciples and they could touch Him. So we can say for sure the first ascension was on Sunday. We are given a picture of His first ascension as the wave sheaf day, when the first fruits were waved before God as a tribute. This was always done on the first Sunday after Passover. Look up wave sheaf day for yourself.

JewCal30.png

L

LPT

Maybe this will answer this question: Jesus was crucified on a Wednesday. The Romans said it was Friday because of the sundown Sabbath was approaching. But it says in John 19:14 it was the preparation day (crucifixion day) which is the day before the annual Sabbath of the First Day of Unleavened Bread. Ask any Jew what the preparation day is. Three days and three nights raises Him on Saturday evening. He had already risen by early Sunday (John 20:1).

Jesus was talking with Mary saying he had not ascended to His Father yet: John 20:16-18: “Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.”

John 20:19: “Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.”

Later that same day He appeared to His disciples and they could touch Him. So we can say for sure the first ascension was on Sunday. We are given a picture of His first ascension as the wave sheaf day, when the first fruits were waved before God as a tribute. This was always done on the first Sunday after Passover. Look up wave sheaf day for yourself.

View attachment 191498
Sorry my friend but the Julian calander and Jewish calander do not line up perfectly, to compare the two is like comparing a whale to a frog.

Post the last ten years of Passover’s 14th Nisan and tell me what day of the week each one was on?

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Was that in respect to my request? If so maybe more than one troll? LOL

I would think a new believer would want to understand the phrase "heart of the earth" which would be defined when compared to "belly of the whale" seeing it is the last sign as wonder (Sign of Jonas) that Christ fulfilled, in three days .

Why make it the tomb of the dead if it was a living sacrifice?

What does heart of the earth mean? Does the earth have a literal breathing heart? If so what is it filled with?
That was only in response to the initial posting in this forum.

L

LPT

And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. Geneisis 6:5

Heart of the earth can represent an evil continually as a living hell.(no rest) We know its a living work of "hell" when compared to the "belly of the whale"

If it was not living work how could one cry out? God delivered Jonas just as in the garden at the beginning of the Son' of mans three day work of faith, or labor of love .When Jesus cried by reason of his infliction he was also strengthened by the father to finish the work

Yes I agree it can be a representation of evil and as well doesn’t produce spiritual life for when the core cools there will be no more life.

On the other side of the coin all has happened for reasons.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

L

LPT

View attachment 191498
And this computer program that a man has designed knows the exact year in which Jesus died 0030 AD really do you really put your faith in a computer program? Early 30s huh more Like early 40s

L

LPT

Hmm let’s see we have a statement of 12, 30 and not yet 50, I surely wouldn’t say such a thing to a man in his early 30s unless I said art not yet forty years old and no I don’t believe this is simbolic in nature.

John 8:57 (KJV) Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

L

LPT

Deade
The first ascension wasn’t to the disciples but to the women as they made there way back to the disciples on the road in which they grabbed his feet. There was seven times down can you find them?

Matt 28:9

King James Bible
And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

VCO

Oct 14, 2013

Later that same day He appeared to His disciples and they could touch Him. So we can say for sure the first ascension was on Sunday. We are given a picture of His first ascension as the wave sheaf day, when the first fruits were waved before God as a tribute. This was always done on the first Sunday after Passover. Look up wave sheaf day for yourself. AND they DO NOT REALIZE that when JESUS, GOD the SON, makes a Prophesy, IT IS 100% ACCURATE.

View attachment 191498

I am aware of the VARIOUS Theories, but like I SAID the only one that FITS the THREE Days and NIGHTS PROPHESY, is Thursday that the Preparation Day, for the DOUBLE back to back SABBATHS. Most English speaking People do not even KNOW that the JEWS consider the HIGH HOLY DAYS (such as the Seven Day of Passover), to be SABBATHS ALSO.

L

LPT

Usually when Jewish people speak of something being on Jewish time, they are joking and they mean it’s going to be late. There is also a Jewish time–a sense of months and even of days–that is part of Jewish religion and spirituality. Passover, like all Jewish holidays, starts and ends at sundown, and is tied to the phases of the sun and the moon. Passover always falls on the same date in the Jewish calendar. Like all Jewish holidays, Passover floats through the secular calendar. The Jewish calendar is set up to keep Jewish holidays at the same season of the year and the same phase of the moon; Passover will always begin on a full moon in the spring.

In many Reform Jewish communities, Passover is celebrated for seven days, not eight. In more traditional Jewish communities–including both Orthodox and Conservative communities–Passover is celebrated for eight days.

Here are the dates of Passover–starting and ending at sundown–for the next 10 years:

• March 30, 2018-April 7, 2018 (ends April 6 if celebrated for seven days)
  • April 19, 2019-April 26, 2019 (ends April 25 if celebrated for seven days)
  • April 8, 2020-April 15, 2020 (ends April 14 if celebrated for seven days)
  • March 27, 2021-April 4, 2021 (ends April 2 if celebrated for seven days)
  • April 15, 2022-April 23, 2022 (ends April 21 if celebrated for seven days)
  • April 5, 2023-April 13, 2023 (ends April 11 if celebrated for seven days)
  • April 22, 2024-April 30, 2024 (ends April 28 if celebrated for seven days)

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
That’s Pure Fantasyland, no man knows the matching Julian calander name day to the 14th Abib on the a Jewish calander and the resurrection did not happen at the 9th hour, you can through that bogus 72 hour stuff right out the window bubba.
In point of fact you don't have to know the Jewish or Julian calander. The bare facts are all you need to know.
1. Jesus was crucified the day before the second Sabbath of Passover.
2. He was put in the tomb late afternoon.
3. He was in the tomb for 3 days and 3 nights.
4. The tomb was empty Sunday morning.
5. He rose on the weekly Sabbath late afternoon.

Counting backwards 3 days he was crucified on a Wednesday. Don't need a calander for that!

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I am aware of the VARIOUS Theories, but like I SAID the only one that FITS the THREE Days and NIGHTS PROPHESY, is Thursday that the Preparation Day, for the DOUBLE back to back SABBATHS. Most English speaking People do not even KNOW that the JEWS consider the HIGH HOLY DAYS (such as the Seven Day of Passover), to be SABBATHS ALSO.
Okay, question: If there were back-to-back Sabbaths, when did they buy the spices. Jesus was buried just before sunset on the high day (annual Sabbath). They would have to wait until after that to buy them. By the time they mixed them, they had to wait on the weekly sabbath to be over. Wednesday is the only day that fits. :cool:

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
It is obvious you can't count.
Tomb empty Sunday.
Sabbath
Friday
Thursday second Passover Sabbath
Wednesday crucified.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
You are counting wrong.

The scriptures say 3 days and 3 nights.

Just because the Jews consider a night to be a whole day does not get ANYONE away from the description of 3 days and 3 nights.

Otherwise, 3 days and 3 nights wouldn't be the description. Only 3 days would be the description. And you could do anything you wanted with the counting of the night.

Thursday before sunset - day 1
Friday - day 2
Saturday - day 3

Thursday night (beg of fri) - night 1
Friday night (beg of sat) - night 2
Saturday night (beg of sun) - night 3
The details matter little. We do not know exactly when He rose, and it was 3 days and 3 nights according to Jewish customs, which need be only a portion of a day.
Tempest in a teapot. I am a Friday at sunset burial guy myself.

5055 [e]
Tetelestai
Τετέλεσται .
It has been finished

V-RIM/P-3S

2532 [e]
kai
καὶ
And
Conj

2827 [e]
klinas
κλίνας
having bowed
V-APA-NMS

3588 [e]
tēn
τὴν
the
Art-AFS

2776 [e]
kephalēn
κεφαλὴν ,
head
N-AFS

3860 [e]
paredōken
παρέδωκεν
He yielded up
V-AIA-3S

3588 [e]
to
τὸ
the
Art-ANS

4151 [e]
pneuma
πνεῦμα .
spirit
N-ANS

L

LPT

In point of fact you don't have to know the Jewish or Julian calander. The bare facts are all you need to know.
1. Jesus was crucified the day before the second Sabbath of Passover.
2. He was put in the tomb late afternoon.
3. He was in the tomb for 3 days and 3 nights.
4. The tomb was empty Sunday morning.
5. He rose on the weekly Sabbath late afternoon.

Counting backwards 3 days he was crucified on a Wednesday. Don't need a calander for that!
Sorry my friend but like many others in the thread your trying to mix a secular calander name days with numbered days of the Jewish calendar. you mind is not grasping what I’m telling you,

the first day of the week on a Jewish calander does not mean it’s sunday at all that is a Julian calander concept only,,, for the life of me I can’t understand why people don’t get it.

https://www.jewishgen.org/InfoFiles/m_calint.htm#day

The Jewish month is based on the lunar or synodic month, the time it takes for the moon to circle the earth. Since the exact duration of one revolution is a little over 29.5 days, the length of the months normally alternates between 29 and 30 days. A month of 30 days is called male ('full'), one of 29 days is chaser('defective'). There are two months which are male in some years and chaser in others.

The month begins with the appearance of the new moon. In the time of the Temple, the Sanhedrin (the highest court) sanctified the new month when two witnesses had actually sighted the moon. In the middle of the fourth century C.E., a fixed calendar was introduced.

In the Torah, the months are numbered; the first is the one in which the Exodus from Egypt occurred (Yetziat Mitzrayim; cf. Shemot [Exodus] 12:2). Later, names of Babylonian origin were adopted:

1. ניסן — Nisan — (30 days)
  2. אייר — Iyyar — (29 days)
  3. סיון — Sivan — (30 days)
  4. תמוז — Tammuz — (29 days)
  5. אב — Av — (30 days)
  6. אלול — Elul — (29 days)
  7. תשרי — Tishri — (30 days)
  8. חשון — Cheshvan — (29 or 30 days)
  9. כסלו — Kislev — (30 or 29 days)
  10. טבת — Tevet — (29 days)
  11. שבט — Sh'vat — (30 days)
  12. אדר — Adar — (29 days)

The first day of each month (with the exception of Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year) is Rosh Chodesh (lit. 'head of the month', abbreviated
) — and so is the thirtieth day of the preceding month, if there is one. For example, if a gravestone inscription mentions the first day of Rosh Chodesh Elul, the calendar date "30 Av" is meant.

To say the Bible says first day of the week and that means Sunday is ignorance.

Get your mind out of the sand it’s buried deep.

L

LPT

If the first day of Nisan falls on a Tuesday when is the first day of the next week fall on duh on a Tuesday.