Divorce: The line between fighting for your marriage and acceptance.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SassyServant

It seems like she wants to go through the divorce. You have been putting effort to save your marriage and she files you with a "not willing to accept a divorce paper". As a Christian, show her scriptures that God hates divorce. Also, you did not commit adultery so she shouldn't be leaving you as it says in scriptures. You guys made a vow that you guys would stick together through thick and thin and sickness and health, and it seems like your doing everything to save the marriage so you are in the right. You repented, prayed, and you are trying to change. God says to forgive, there's always ups and downs in a relationship and it's sad to see that she is giving up when you are truly sorry and is refusing to work things out with you. I advise to bring up scriptures to her about divorce..that you are not the one refusing the divorce..but God is the one who does not accept the divorce...you are defending the truth and what God says about divorce that's what you are doing. Do those things and as a true servant of God she would not go through with the divorce.

S

SassyServant

Pray on to God and He will give your heart's desires. Just give everything to God. If God wanted you guys to be together and stay together..trust me it will happen. We are all under God's control. Maybe God will turn her heart of stone into heart of flesh . God is in control just give everything to Him.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Well I got served my divorce papers last night. And a temporary restraining order because "I would not accept the divorce". At this point I don't really know what to do.
The only viable option is to move forward with life on your own. Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. A year from now you look at this as a blessing.

P

PatriciaMartin

Divorce is always the toughest for many.